Apartment + City Inspection = ?

Hey all,

I'm currently in an apartment and I've been growing since August. I have 30 of my allowed 36 plants in here (9 flowering rest veg). Now apparently every 2 years the *city* does inspections (didn't know this back in August)... and they're coming on Monday ;D I'm going to evacuate my plants somewhere (NOT looking forward to taking nine 4' tall plants out of an apartment complex into a uhaul only to bring them back days later). Then I have structures in my room to hang lights on (since I can't attach anything to the apartment, I build simple grow boxes to hang lights from). There is no way I can take them down so I'm not sure what to say when they come in!

I was thinking about putting other plants under the lights and seeing if that'd work... or taking the lights out and saying it's for PT or something. LOL

Any thoughts on what to do??

If your legal whats the worry? I am with ya not sure if I want the city knowing. But you are legal and moving big plants is a pain. Not sure what help this is but its not anyone's business! I would imagine the apartment people would find a reason to evict you. Sorry for your problem that sucks. If it were me I would leave everything in place and show my card. You are doing nothing wrong. When will it end?

Tell them the wood is for a "Sex Swing". If they ask any questions tell them a demonstration would be needed and ask who was going to assist you. That will shut them up and get them to leave very quickly.

Hey all,

I'm currently in an apartment and I've been growing since August. I have 30 of my allowed 36 plants in here (9 flowering rest veg). Now apparently every 2 years the *city* does inspections (didn't know this back in August)... and they're coming on Monday ;D I'm going to evacuate my plants somewhere (NOT looking forward to taking nine 4' tall plants out of an apartment complex into a haul only to bring them back days later). Then I have structures in my room to hang lights on (since I can't attach anything to the apartment, I build simple grow boxes to hang lights from). There is no way I can take them down so I'm not sure what to say when they come in!

I was thinking about putting other plants under the lights and seeing if that'd work... or taking the lights out and saying it's for PT or something. LOL

Any thoughts on what to do??

i know a lot of people that this has happen to be for just make sure you park the U-haul right out side so that you can see it and Waite till their gone.

and don't let them in your grow room keep the door locked and tell them you do not have a key i keep my door locked all the time even when am inside

I think that sex swing idea is not only funny, but probably a good idea as well. Nothing makes people more uncomfortable in this uptight culture than sex.

Good luck and I hope you make it through the inspection with as little hassle as possible.

I think that sex swing idea is not only funny, but probably a good idea as well. Nothing makes people more uncomfortable in this uptight culture than sex.

Good luck and I hope you make it through the inspection with as little hassle as possible.

ditto! lol

Tell them the wood is for a "Sex Swing". If they ask any questions tell them a demonstration would be needed and ask who was going to assist you. That will shut them up and get them to leave very quickly.

LMAO!!! What ya gonna do when the creepy inspector comes back later for a personal demonstration?

LMAO!!! What ya gonna do when the creepy inspector comes back later for a personal demonstration?

tell them u have Mono Nucleosis and that they will have to come back in a month or two when your are better or risk contamination..crop out, get ur cash up, and move to a house in Detroit/Ferndale/Ann Arbor all MJ friendly cities. I would not move shiet somebody is bound to see u doing that all call it in....

ur stuck in a bad pickle friend....

tell them u have Mono Nucleosis and that they will have to come back in a month or two when your are better or risk contamination..crop out, get ur cash up, and move to a house in Detroit/Ferndale/Ann Arbor all MJ friendly cities. I would not move shiet somebody is bound to see u doing that all call it in....

ur stuck in a bad pickle friend....

Move the plants, hang up a few chin up bars, towels, maybe a punching bag from your light rack, and your good 2 go.

Move the plants, hang up a few chin up bars, towels, maybe a punching bag from your light rack, and your good 2 go.

Dude, I was actually going to get a sex swing and return it later. But this is a wayyyy better idea. I'll get out my weight bench and set it up . I'll have the bar attached to the hooks on my racks. Great idea.

I really don't wanna get kicked out. If I had another place ready, I'd leave it and hold my ground. When I put the lock on the room with the plants, I had to give a key to the apartment building so that in case of fire they could get inside (didn't tell them *why* I put the lock, but I couldn't change it without lease violation).

Well, I'll let you guys know the outcome ;D I wish they could tell me which day the inspector was coming... X(

What city is this????

Ypsilanti

I was told something interesting today. The inspector still didn't come today (the last day listed as an inspection day). I went down to the office and they told me he'd be here sometime next week. I harvested 3 plants a week early b/c of this. I sat here, in my apt for 5 days. Now I have to sit here for possibly 5 or more day. I asked repeatedly to schedule an appointment, but they keep telling me the inspector does what he wants. I left a message on his voice mail to pick ANY DAY and ANY TIME during the week and I'll be here. I would think that's not unreasonable.

The office manager told me if I denied the inspector entry, I'd get a violation. Two violations is a fine for both me and the apartment complex. Third one they take off the door and bill me, then come in. How the heck is this legal?? They can post that they are coming in sometime within 2 weeks and expect me to sit around? I wrote the mayor already, and I'll be down there Monday banging on his door.

If I'm not home and the inspector goes into my veg room, is that breaking and entering? lol, I dunno; I'm not supposed to let anyone in there, but they won't tell me when they are coming for me to make sure there are no plants inside. What to do??

In your lease you signed it probably states you will allow access, so they can come in whenever they like to. It sucks but I have some rental homes and I have that in the lease they sign. Think about the owner, I need to make sure my investment is not destroyed. I do always tell the renters I am coming over... I still think your legal and they should leave you alone. Good luck.

In your lease you signed it probably states you will allow access, so they can come in whenever they like to. It sucks but I have some rental homes and I have that in the lease they sign. Think about the owner, I need to make sure my investment is not destroyed. I do always tell the renters I am coming over... I still think your legal and they should leave you alone. Good luck.

My lease does not permit entry. I have to give permission to enter unless there is an emergency where the building or it's residents are in danger. If they need to get in, they have to arrange it with me; if we can't agree on something, then they have the right to come in after something like a week. I'm going to get another copy of my lease tomorrow. I would absolutely never sign a lease that allows the owner entry without my permission. That's asking for trouble.

I have contacted the mayor of Ypsi and to my surprise he replied stating that someone will contact me on Monday. We'll see what happens. I'll keep y'all posted.

Archived