Adding A Filter

Kingdiamond

OK my bloom box is 5x5x8 and its nowhere near light or air tight Ive been utilizing fans in the floor of the box and aircooling the hood from the outer area of my basement and exhausting outside the basement window.

]

My issues are outside right now its like being inside of a greenhouse with fragrant blooming flowers the smell is very strong and i must deal with this asap .

Tomorrow I'm ordering the filter through HTG unless their new retail store cuts me a great deal on one I'm then going with this configuration .

filter-hood-442 442cfm inline - exit out the window

I plan on sealing the grow box airtight and light tight and use the current air duct to the outer area of my basement as a passive air intake this way i can run everything on one fan and sell off my 2nd fan and controller to conserve on my grow fund and energy

costs.

Any tips would be appreciated! :P

I have a tutorial on how to build carbon filters, it's rather easy if you are handy.. you can make about 4 for the cost of buying ONE, depending on size...

By all means DO IT. Weather you buy or build it, do it...

Beware of basements in the summer, cool and damp spells mold...

Panda plastic is great for sealing rooms (black one side, white the other) and Nashaua (sp?) aluminum duct tape (not the paper crap, actual aluminum tape)

If you put the filter before the hood and the fan after, you can draw warm air from the room, run over the bulb and out the room... beware though seal everything with tape or it will pull oders from cracks between the filter and fan...

That tape im talking about is also VERY high temp tape, you could wrap the bulb itself, in it and not have to worry about it burning.. so it can be used to seal just about anything...

Heck, I have some wrapped around the header one my car (over fiberglass header wrap) to act as heatshield for my oil filter...!!!!

You will cut your fans CFM output considerably when you put a filter on it... another point...

OK my bloom box is 5x5x8 and its nowhere near light or air tight Ive been utilizing fans in the floor of the box and aircooling the hood from the outer area of my basement and exhausting outside the basement window.

]

My issues are outside right now its like being inside of a greenhouse with fragrant blooming flowers the smell is very strong and i must deal with this asap .

Tomorrow I'm ordering the filter through HTG unless their new retail store cuts me a great deal on one I'm then going with this configuration .

filter-hood-442 442cfm inline - exit out the window

I plan on sealing the grow box airtight and light tight and use the current air duct to the outer area of my basement as a passive air intake this way i can run everything on one fan and sell off my 2nd fan and controller to conserve on my grow fund and energy

costs.

Any tips would be appreciated! :P

Everything should work fine, One thing you may want to do is hood-442-exit-filter, I've noticed filters tend to work better blowing through then pulling through, but ultimately they do the same thing.

I would hold on to the second fan for now though... the heat of summer isnt here yet.. i mean, you are in the basement, but you still might need more vent...

i have to actively cool with a stand alone AC unit, in my situation.. but im also totaly sealed (no outside air exchange) and running CO2..

I would say vent straight through from outside the tent through the hood and back out of the tent. It will be much cooler than using the filter before the hood.

Use the filter with its' own fan. You can get away with using a smaller fan for this. Just have it always on pulling a little bit of filtered air out of the tent.

So I showed you what kind of filter I'm talking about. What kind are you talking about Jipo?

I'm slightly confused? But I've always used my homemade one, its 8" round with about 40-50lbs of carbon in it. I've always ran it with the fan blowing through as the fan seemed to move more air when blowing instead of sucking. But when I was growing in a closet I ran it the same way kind is talking about running it, it worked but it didn't seem as well.

Well currently im running 2 fans one for the hood one for the scrubber i asked the guy at HTG in taylor he advised against running it all on one fan so i bought the whole room tall boy carbon filter its working very well but i dread to see next months power bill. :thumbsd:

Well currently im running 2 fans one for the hood one for the scrubber i asked the guy at HTG in taylor he advised against running it all on one fan so i bought the whole room tall boy carbon filter its working very well but i dread to see next months power bill. :thumbsd:

serious overkill and expense.. but if it's working..

Remember the guy at HTG is trying to SELL you products, so of course it's not a good idea to use one fan.. :thumbsu:

serious overkill and expense.. but if it's working..

Remember the guy at HTG is trying to SELL you products, so of course it's not a good idea to use one fan.. :thumbsu:

Well to run all this on one inline means i have to have the cannister filter sitting upright and then run flex ducting in a elbow down to the filter that will most definitly put a heavy load on this fan no? :unsure:

Well i tried running everything on one fan and it seems to be doing pretty good temps are staying at 83 degrees with the inline full throttle this subtraction should save me some money on my light bill and now i can add the inline and controller into my 1000 watt sale to replenish my equipment fund .

img00427.jpg

img00429.jpg

img00428c.jpg

Archived