Some Bands You Should Check Out

"And . . . Oh, MY GOD, I CAN"T BELIEVE . . . .

I've NEVER been this far away from home . . ."

That was well worth the dime and time, eh?

And, I have to say: Science of Fear Rocks the message!

Thanks for turnin' me on to some jammin' "new" [well, for me] tunes!

:bow:

Found this along the way:

Never heard of them rythmical lyricalists before either.

Still checkin' out "The Others".

Much obliged!

Be FREE!

(To SHARE The MUSIC!)

Check out a band called Porcupine Tree. The only way to describe them is like a mix of Tool, Pink Floyd, and Radiohead, but at the same time totally unique. They just released their new DVD/Bluray called Anesthetize which is absolutely phenomenal. There is a preview of the new DVD and some performances from it, and their previous one on Youtube along with viewer made video's and some bootleg performances. Their last album was called The Incedent and is amazing.

They are finally getting the recognition they deserve.

As you can see I'm a little passionate about them from my username. lol!

This was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. Porcupine Tree and Coheed and Cambria will be doing a short 12 city co-headlining tour. They will be stopping in Grand Rapids at The Orbit Room on Friday August 24th. If you are a drummer or love drums this will be one hell of a show. PT's drummer has won Best Progressive Drummer four years in a row in Modern Drummer Magazine(although they are not technically progressive rock) and has played in the dual drum lineup of King Crimson on their 2008 tour. They are all world class musicians. This will be a show not to miss if you are in the area or can make the trip.

http://www.Orbitroom.com

This was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. Porcupine Tree and Coheed and Cambria will be doing a short 12 city co-headlining tour. They will be stopping in Grand Rapids at The Orbit Room on Friday August 24th. If you are a drummer or love drums this will be one hell of a show. PT's drummer has won Best Progressive Drummer four years in a row in Modern Drummer Magazine(although they are not technically progressive rock) and has played in the dual drum lineup of King Crimson on their 2008 tour. They are all world class musicians. This will be a show not to miss if you are in the area or can make the trip.

http://www.Orbitroom.com

Thanks for the heads up (pun intended!) about the drummer.

I can't play but, I sure do love a great drummer! I'll go to

YT, check the band then, I just may have to make a trip.

The Orbit Room... it's been years since I've been up there.

I'll check out the other bands you suggested too of course, it's

just when you said "best progressive drummer..." , that's who

I'm checkin' out 1st.

peace

Thanks for the heads up (pun intended!) about the drummer.

I can't play but, I sure do love a great drummer! I'll go to

YT, check the band then, I just may have to make a trip.

The Orbit Room... it's been years since I've been up there.

I'll check out the other bands you suggested too of course, it's

just when you said "best progressive drummer..." , that's who

I'm checkin' out 1st.

peace

Oooops! Sorry, M10 suggested the other bands.

I think I need to medicate :D

check out these new groups! led zepplin, black sabbath, alice cooper, lynnard skynard, aroesmith, ac/dc. black crowes, guns n roses.nirvana, the toadies(possum kingdom) smashing pumpkins, alice n chains,rush,styks,thin lizzy! :sword: Pink Floyd!

FTW

Peace!

Jim

Alcohol rots the brain and has led MANY people astray.

The group is goofy, and the music is so odd that at first thought, you hate it. But then, it sinks in, and you find yourself bobbing along to it.

And, they're even better when you're fully medicated.

Check 'em out:

The name of the group is Brokencyde, and the song is Freakxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

check out these new groups! led zepplin, black sabbath, alice cooper, lynnard skynard, aroesmith, ac/dc. black crowes, guns n roses.nirvana, the toadies(possum kingdom) smashing pumpkins, alice n chains,rush,styks,thin lizzy! :sword: Pink Floyd!

FTW

Peace!

Jim

Hahahaha! You made me laugh so hard, good one!

I like a little Zappa thrown in quite often too ;)

peace

FTW

Peace!

Jim

Love it .... Pink floyd is my all time favorite group ....comfertably numb !! :thumbsu::goodjob::bow:

Archived