Appropriations: Subcommittee On Investigations

Date: 6/17/2010

Time: 10:00 AM

Meeting: Subcommittee Meeting

Appropriations: Subcommittee on Investigations, Intergovernmental Affairs and Oversight

Chair: Representative George Cushingberry Jr.All bills referred to this committee

Location: Room 352, House Appropriations, 3rd Floor, State Capitol

Broadcast: No

Agenda:

Discussion of House Bill 5902 and the state's medical

marijuana program

http://www.house.mi.gov/publiccommitteeschedule/MeetingDisplay.aspx?BroadcastKey=1437

I see bills to supplement, and adjust appropriations for various state departments and agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2011; and to provide for the expenditure of the appropriations.

Doing a quick read of Journal #19 and 20 I noted things related to motorcycles, road taxes, signs at the MI/IN boarder, but nothing that relates directly to medical marihuana. Can you tell me want I should be finding, and where to find it.

I see bills to supplement, and adjust appropriations for various state departments and agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2011; and to provide for the expenditure of the appropriations.

Doing a quick read of Journal #19 and 20 I noted things related to motorcycles, road taxes, signs at the MI/IN boarder, but nothing that relates directly to medical marihuana. Can you tell me want I should be finding, and where to find it.

This is the info from the web site

Date: 6/17/2010

Time: 10:00 AM

Meeting: Subcommittee Meeting

Appropriations: Subcommittee on Investigations, Intergovernmental Affairs and Oversight

Chair: Representative George Cushingberry Jr.All bills referred to this committee

Location: Room 352, House Appropriations, 3rd Floor, State Capitol

Broadcast: No

Agenda:

Discussion of House Bill 5902 and the state's medical

marijuana program

And there is a link in the first post to the web site.

This is only about MM and notheing else. John

When these hearings started, the rate of applications to the mmj program was about 150 per day.

It is now over 200 per day and growing. It may be over 300 per day now.

The size of the staff needed to issue ID cards is currently being established based on some fixed number of applications. Or some estimated number of applications that is near the volume the MDCH is receiving today.

This is a flawed plan that will never be able to deliver the ID cards within the twenty days required of the department by law. Just a quick glance at Colorado quickly tells us that we can expect to see about ten times the volume than is currently being received.

This is a plan to fail.

The MDCH will be receiving more than 3000 applications per day once the department and law enforcement officials have regained the trust of this segment of the public.

The numbers of applications received by the MDCH is a direct reflection of the amount of trust regained.

Currently the majority of people that would qualify for this program, fear they will be arrested if they trust the MDCH with their information. Based on the numbers of applications being received every day, about 90% of the medical marijuana population fall into this area of distinct lack of trust for our officials.

90%

We patients are being sold six month cards and being charged for one year cards.

There is nothing in the law that requires renewals. Renewals are allowed but not required under the law.

There is nothing that requires any cards to expire.

There is nothing in the law that requires these ID cards to be good for only one year.

If they so chose to, they could issue ID cards that were good for ten years.

They are demanding that we pay for a good (a one year ID card) that they can not deliver.

This unreasonable demand is being placed on a disadvantaged segment of our population.

I would ask that all medical marijuana ID cards be considered permanent until such time as the MDCH can show a track record of obeying our new law.

Any budget considerations need to take into account the possibility of massive, rapid expansions in the number of applications.

Law enforcement needs to be more forgiving while we all are in the process of understanding what is taking place.

To err on the side of caution can not be construed to mean "arrest them all and let the courts sort it out."

I am so sorry for the delay, but i am using an outdated (12 years) laptop and a tape recorder from the 80's I just got back home and will start working on converting the tape to audio and uploading. Again sorry for the delay but it WILL be worth the wait.

I also hear there is CC open across from Gone Wired. I will be going by to check it out.

Where exactly is the CC across from Gone Wired?

I'm looking for a local meeting. Will you post

meeting times and dates? That would be helpful too.

Thanks for posting about the meeting at City Hall.

Anxious to hear what went on. Each time I go

downtown for a MM issue, they canceled or

rescheduled.

Guest OrganicFarmer

well I came , I saw , and I have a audio file I will download ASAP. I would not begin to be able to cover everthing by typing. John

John I'm glad you were there. I can't wait to hear what happened. Thanks for the good works.....See ya soon.

Where exactly is the CC across from Gone Wired?

I'm looking for a local meeting. Will you post

meeting times and dates? That would be helpful too.

Thanks for posting about the meeting at City Hall.

Anxious to hear what went on. Each time I go

downtown for a MM issue, they canceled or

rescheduled.

www.capitolcitycompassionclub.org

1 517 282 1986

Great Great people

Just great ..

This modifies the Michigan Medical Marihuana act.

As such requires a 75% majority of both houses.

This would move the information database from government employees to privet sector employees. In doing so, the privet sector employees would not be covered under the confidentiality section of the new law.

That section only allies to government employees.

This new law would undermine and eliminate some protections of the mmj act.

Just great ..

This modifies the Michigan Medical Marihuana act.

As such requires a 75% majority of both houses.

This would move the information database from government employees to privet sector employees. In doing so, the privet sector employees would not be covered under the confidentiality section of the new law.

That section only allies to government employees.

This new law would undermine and eliminate some protections of the mmj act.

Sure wouldn't be the first time the pseudo-egalitarians [some ignorant sheeple don't like to hear the more appropriate term "NAZIs"] have under-mined and discarded the personal and communal will & choices of "WE the PEOPLE", that's for sure!

All the more reason to focus a LOT MORE OF OUR UNIVERSALLY WHOLESOME ENERGIES toward public awareness and enlightenment . . . and FULL LEGALIZATION to put AN END to the PROHIBITION of FREEDOM.

Platinum Quality Advocating, folks!

Thank you much!

Much obliged.

Be FREE!

(to SHARE the CURE!)

Sure wouldn't be the first time the pseudo-egalitarians [some ignorant sheeple don't like to hear the more appropriate term "NAZIs"] have under-mined and discarded the personal and communal will & choices of "WE the PEOPLE", that's for sure!

All the more reason to focus a LOT MORE OF OUR UNIVERSALLY WHOLESOME ENERGIES toward public awareness and enlightenment . . . and FULL LEGALIZATION to put AN END to the PROHIBITION of FREEDOM.

Platinum Quality Advocating, folks!

Thank you much!

Much obliged.

Be FREE!

(to SHARE the CURE!)

yep .. free the weed .. legalize it.

This section of proposed law was assembled by a friend of ours.

I just think the congressman didn't realize the move could require a super majority vote. Or that his proposal would violate the law.

Guest Wayne

I think with the help of this community LEO and the politico's will be in a great position to run this law through the shredder. Hope people are working hard at getting all the growing they can in.

Well I tried fro several hours and cant find a way to get the wav file up here.

The main thing is Cushingberry is on our side 100%. He also wants to remove Marijuana from the sec 1 listing . Can he do it? I dont know. But I know he is listening.

Archived