City Moratoriums On Medical Marijuana Facilities

Just saw this on Twitter (@KomornLawMI if you want to follow my updates) about the city of Ferndale placing a moratorium for three months on medical marijuana businesses as the city decides what to do about the increased interest by people to start dispensary facilities.

What do you think? Is this good or bad? Could this lead to a dispensary-type model for medical marijuana and better and safer access for patients?

We'll also be discussing this and more tonight on Green Trees radio (shameless plug) if you want to call in at 247.205.9718 or listen to the show here.

metamora and lapeer slapped one in place too, i guess there scared of what good has come out of the one in dryden. I love that place. lapeer county PA is totally against medical marijuana and so are his followers in his office. Yet he went on tv and said they would have no problems with it.

Thank you for the praise mrniceguy8252! We are trying our best to make sure our dispensary in Dryden is a positive experience for all of those involved. While our primary purpose is to promote a safe place for medical marijuana patients to get their medicine, we also want to help our supportive village and its residents.

So for all of you who stop on by as patients and advocates of the dispensary in Dryden, please visit a local restaurant or shop. Tell them why you came and why you think it is a positive thing for the community. They, like most places right now, can use the help/patronage and the marijuana community needs to spread the word that marijuana not being a negative force in the world.

Thank you.

~ Joe

The Compassionate Care Center of Michigan

I wonder if they are aware that one (or more) already exist there, and, if so, what they plan to do, if anything, about existing "facilities".

These conservatives can keep up there road blocks but do they really think a society popping Vicodon, Percoset and all the other narcotics are safer than a plant...PLease.

Come out of the NIXOn ERA people. This is a joke. All the haters need to focus on education and getting jobs to this state instead of trying to play politicing over a dang plant.

IDK maybe most these politicians are used to getting marijuana in dark alleys??? Gas station parking lots, school parking lots (where stuff can get dropped on accident) or maybe we should start making exchanges in front of thier houses...lol idk k-razzzy people and thier k-razzzy donkey-n-nine laws..

Archived