Leaves Have Spots Just On Blueberry Day 18

trix

Ummm, have a ?' what the heck is with this Blueberry.... I looks like the nicest nugs then any other plant but the leaves are looking uhh not right please any info would be helpful!!

SAM_1116.jpg

SAM_1112.jpg

SAM_1111.jpg

SAM_1114.jpg

SAM_1113.jpg

I'm still a newbie grower so i cant cant tell all the tales of what my plant is saying yet, but soon with all your help it will much sooner then id even hoped Thank you

Trix

Ummm, have a ?' what the heck is with this Blueberry.... I looks like the nicest nugs then any other plant but the leaves are looking uhh not right please any info would be helpful!!

SAM_1116.jpg

SAM_1112.jpg

SAM_1111.jpg

SAM_1114.jpg

SAM_1113.jpg

I'm still a newbie grower so i cant cant tell all the tales of what my plant is saying yet, but soon with all your help it will much sooner then id even hoped Thank you

Trix

Those kind of look like bugs to me :unsure: seriously take a closer look maybe im just seeing things ?

Man I look SO close with a 80x mag. every day!! just happened overnight? and it was on its off nuet days so I dunno... but I only have this on the two Blueberry plant none of the others???

I did just change the light setup ??

SAM_1109.jpg

SAM_1107.jpg

SAM_1115.jpg

SAM_1116.jpg

SAM_1117.jpg

I just looked again with the mag My darn batteries died on my camera but where the dots are there are not bugs unless they are bugs that look like the back of a imprint " did that make sense"?

So its just a fading of the leaves did you splash some nutrients on her and bleach the leaves?

8right now it says degrees 79and 50% humd. outside is 63.8f

i have a 6inch inline fan in the ceiling as seen in images, with a air conditioner , a 16in oscilat. fan a air puirf. and a 3 in osc. fan the walls I just placed there yesterday they are foam board for siding on a house on both sides of area with mylar over the two lights - the domes

2 400w hps by Hortilux on a 12/12 cycle day 18 of bud, the lights are like 9 inchs from some but the blueberry went nuts and shot up to like 4 1/2 - 5ft so its towering all the others but still the light isnt close enough to burn my arm so its far away from the leaves that are funky for it to be heat right? and the rest of the crop isnt infected just looked at them all very close, I was going to buy a infra red temp gauge today but i bought the wall board instead..

Other than the spots the leaves look pretty healthy give it a day or two i think they will be fine I'm currently on my 4th grow and its like being on your 4th child i no longer stress out on the small things like i did early on in my garden schooling. :lol:

Growing killer bud is pretty simplistic dont overthink it. :thumbsu:

Well Don't worry, it's just the sugar leaves starting to slow down as the flowering has begun. If you notice it is on the veins mostly. It won't interfere with your grow, I would suggest staying a little lower from the heat of the light. I see it all the time as an HPS light will dry out the sugar leaves when too closs. It is just a weaknes in the plant, don't freak out~! Also next time you start veg, grow the nodes a little tighter,which means closer light while vegging, waste of space when a plant is so spread out. Taller doesn't mean more unless you got the branches to go with it! I grow them tight and when they go out in flower you have more compact bud and the potency is awesome. I grow dirt and Bubbleponics. I am hooked on hydro as you can control the plant much easier. Dirt is a guessing game, you might have had a bacteria in that bag that the Blueberry is sensitive to. I grew Blueberry and was disappointed with what all the hype was. Everyone said it was good, but I am picky now that I know what strains are for what brains and pains! I am a patient and a caregiver. I study and read everyday. Thank you for all your posts folks its what keep every one in the "Loop" and educated. This old Dutch Lady is having fun! The Creator teaches us compassion as we age. Becareful not to overfeed you plants they will become obese! LOL oh yeah that's what we want!

Pretty sure you have a Magnesium deficiency, if you are in soil get some dolomite line to help and if you are in hydro get a bottle of cal\mag.

I am 90% that is your prob seen it many times before. It wont take the spots away but it will help from spreading and making it worse.

Best of luck.

Um......

I think you have a spider mite infestation. :o

You better get a scope on the back of those tiny spotted leafs like PRONTO. :o

Look at the UNDERNEATH of the leaf, along the veins. Also, look at the serated edges of the leaf for web's going from one end to the next.

Trust me...when you see one, you'll know!!!! Good luck.

I really hope that not the case for his sake. The only reason I don't think it is mites is that he said its only the blueberry thats affected.

Well I've seen mites hang out on one plant and not even touch others that were right next to them. Mites like certain strains more than others, I do know that. I know they like Blueberry and I know they like a lot of the kush's.

Get a Hot Shot pest strip up NOW. This is almost certainly a spider mite infestation. Please look into neem oil as a systemic fix, and get the Hot Shot out of there once you have things back under control. Mix neem with a little dish soap @ 1tsp/qt and spray liberally on the root balls now and whenever you repot. Spray the plants every week or two afterward till the last few weeks of bloom. Understand that this is not a contact insecticide, but rather works from within the plant and kills the bugs when they try to feed from it. It is non toxic to humans. I only hope you can catch it in time.

Looks like spider mites to me. I'd spray the the bottom of the leafs with cold water (not ice water). Don't let the infested plant touch others. Mites don't like cold and don't like it wet. You might want to avoid any pesticides this late into flowering. Good luck!

:unsure:

The only reason I don't think it is mites is that he said its only the blueberry thats affected.

they gotta start somewhere. some plants are more resistant than others.

where would you start? blueberry = low mite resistance

so if im a mite, im hopping on the blueberry, eating until i get fat, and then finding a lady friend to bed down with.

Guys really I do apologize for the posting w/ the firearms in it, but again I understand everyones concerns with this being a MM website and I will not be posting anything but that material any longer. I am handicapped and can't defend myself to the lenghts that most could, If LEO, wants me I'm registered and have permits also I have spoken to the police directly and told them what I am doing and had to get the laws to understand them better.

I was just expressing a un written warning " I am showing who knows how many ppl on the internet what I have" ppl are not Dumb, I can find just about anyone I want w/ a little knowledge of a P.C!! =/

Thank you for the advice I clean that room 2 x's a week I have a canvas flat withe tarp on the floor under the lights, I don't see bugs.. but dammit if they get infected what if i go buy some ladybugs right now?? they are 6 bucks for 12 of the at the hydro store??

Also the lights being so far away in the beginning is what made them so lengthy Im guessing but I wasn't aware of that till they were growing like "weeds" I problem w/ the lighting stands now w/ some being 5 ft and some being 3 ft I have to do a whole diff. way to extend one side what has the tallest ones?? thats why I boxed them in and pushed 6 under each light I took the domes off so i COULD LET THE HEAT FROM THE LIGHTS JUST HANG OUT EVENLY AND NOT JUST CENTERED ON THE DOWNWARD ANGLE MAKING THEM ALL STRETCH FOR THAT ONE SPOT ON LIGHT THAT IT WAS DOING B4 i CHANGED THEM..

I am kinda glad that I have a good re-pour w/ the local hydro store he just gave me a $50 credit, so will it harm the plants to add stuff to get rid of bugs even though I may not have any??? I'm a proactive guy so it I can prevent something before it happens I'm all for that??

Bug strips, clean the leaves, temp gun for the leaves?, and some bug juice, O yah and some dbl AA batteries so I can show you what the back of the leaves look like ...

Thank you all,

Trix

Personally I think it looks like Magnesium deficiency and perhaps a bit of heat stress. I don't see mites. You should be able to see them clearly if you have a microscope.

However with the pictures you took it's hard to see...

I would LST the long branches in order to make a nice uniform canopy. The idea is getting even light across as much of the plant as possible, not concentrating it all to the tallest flowering top.

Low Stress Training (LST) Video :

You could go a step further and setup a SCROG (Screen of Green), you can read all about it here:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=50823

12245IMG_1868-thumb.JPG

I highly recommend SCROG for small grows with lower wattage lights as it will overcome the problems of stretchy plants and poor light penetration to the inner nodes and budsites.

The idea is to get as many bud sites as close as possible to the light, without allowing to get parts of the plant to get too close to the light and cause heat stress.

Always take temps at the point closest to the light, and not just ambient room temps.

k SO I just bought a infra red thermometer, leaves read 83 on top and 75ish on most others? the humidity is hard at 50%, also im using a 80x mag. dont see any bugs but the back of the leaves look horrid as well..?? almost looks like puncture holes but just haven't broke through "understand that"?

Archived