Help!

witchy51

Good Morning all. I began growing about a month ago and started in my closet with fluorescent lighting. The plants were doing well, although growing slowly, which I expected. I bought a 4'X 4'X 6.5' reflective grow tent and a 600 watt HPS light kit and moved the plants about 4 days ago. Now, the majority of them have leaves that are turning brown and looking like they are wilting. I checked the soil moisture on all of them and it is sufficient, so I know I haven't over watered them. I mist them twice a day. The light is approximately 3 ft. above them and I have the timer set for 14 hr. on, 10 off. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. They were fine before I moved them. HELP PLEASE!!

It could be a bunch of things to start what is the temp in the room? Are you misting the plants when the lights have been on for awhile? If the light is 3ft away I don't think that would be the problem.Also that is a unique time schedule You have most would say 18/6 or 24/7 lol

Good Morning all. I began growing about a month ago and started in my closet with fluorescent lighting. The plants were doing well, although growing slowly, which I expected. I bought a 4'X 4'X 6.5' reflective grow tent and a 600 watt HPS light kit and moved the plants about 4 days ago. Now, the majority of them have leaves that are turning brown and looking like they are wilting. I checked the soil moisture on all of them and it is sufficient, so I know I haven't over watered them. I mist them twice a day. The light is approximately 3 ft. above them and I have the timer set for 14 hr. on, 10 off. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. They were fine before I moved them. HELP PLEASE!!

Sounds like heat issues. Do you mist with the lights on? That is a no no. Why mist any ways? Do you have a good exhaust set up? Why not 12/12 for hours. Do you have the growers bible. Best 30 dollars you'll spend.

Depending on how much actual light you were putting them under while using the florescent lights, the HPS might be burning them with UV rays. If this is the case, they should bounce back and the new growth will be fine. It always is better to acclimatize them to a new environment, making the transition much less stressful on the plant. That being said, it doesn't mean I am correct. But without more information or pictures, all I can give you is my best guess. :) Hope they come back strong and healthy for you!

Depending on how much actual light you were putting them under while using the florescent lights, the HPS might be burning them with UV rays. If this is the case, they should bounce back and the new growth will be fine. It always is better to acclimatize them to a new environment, making the transition much less stressful on the plant. That being said, it doesn't mean I am correct. But without more information or pictures, all I can give you is my best guess. :) Hope they come back strong and healthy for you!

Kinda what I was thinking too.........

I would like to thank everyone who responded to HELP! The problem was definitely overheating. So, I gave them a 12 hr. break from the lights and added a couple of fans for some cross ventilation. Misted them a few times just for extra moisture. Has anyone ever gotten their first grow completely right? If you have, I'm going to feel kind of dumb...........LOL! Thanks again for all of the good advice.

Archived