Has The Legislature Received Its Report?

______

Section 333.26426

(i) The department shall submit to the legislature an annual report that does not disclose any identifying information about qualifying patients, primary caregivers, or physicians, but does contain, at a minimum, all of the following information:

(1) The number of applications filed for registry identification cards.

(2) The number of qualifying patients and primary caregivers approved in each county.

(3) The nature of the debilitating medical conditions of the qualifying patients.

(4) The number of registry identification cards revoked.

(5) The number of physicians providing written certifications for qualifying patients.

I have not heard of this report being submitted. Is this another case of the MDCH ignoring the law? Perhaps one of you who attends committee meetings could ask Mr Cushingberry if this has been received.

• 5 months later...

Program Statistics:

* 81,445 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.

* 44,384 patient registrations issued.

* The number of caregivers will be posted as soon as an accurate number can be obtained.

* 9,359 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_51869---,00.html

I don't think I want the state to provide information on cardholders by illness or county.

Program Statistics:

* 81,445 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.

* 44,384 patient registrations issued.

* The number of caregivers will be posted as soon as an accurate number can be obtained.

* 9,359 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_51869---,00.html

I don't think I want the state to provide information on cardholders by illness or county.

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of this information from the website. I am however very curious if they have met their obligations under the law, and definitely interested in the general breakdown by condition and county.

The breakdown of numbers would go along way towards quieting down the mass hysteria that some folks are trying to portray. As of right now the best we can do is guesstimate that there are on average 534 people in each county that are registered patients, in a state of over 9 million people spread across 83 counties, that is a small drop in the bucket, not a flood that is going to poison the populace (even if their claims about the harm of marijuana is true).... Know what I mean?

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of this information from the website. I am however very curious if they have met their obligations under the law, and definitely interested in the general breakdown by condition and county.

The breakdown of numbers would go along way towards quieting down the mass hysteria that some folks are trying to portray. As of right now the best we can do is guesstimate that there are on average 534 people in each county that are registered patients, in a state of over 9 million people spread across 83 counties, that is a small drop in the bucket, not a flood that is going to poison the populace (even if their claims about the harm of marijuana is true).... Know what I mean?

Might not calm down the mass hysteria, the clinic my doc sent me to charged $50 more for patients without any medical records, how many other clinics are doing that?

Archived