Clare County Medical Marijuana Moratorium

Somehow this one managed to slip by us without being noticed. I believe the newspaper quotes it as a 3 month moratorium. But the Clare county commission web page says six months. We are awaiting Monday to contact the city commissioner and the city clerk. Obviously we will be ready when they have their next meeting.

The meeting that concerned the original moratorium happened on a Thursday for some reason. Meetings are usually held on Mondays. I will attach a copy of the moratorium for anyone that wants to read it. I will give an update as soon as I know when the next meeting will be held. Clare County Compassion Club collectively agreed that we wont fight any Zoning restrictions on dispensaries or Cannibuisnesses. As long as the ordinances and zoning rules do not interfere with the state law or with a patient or caregivers constitutional rights.

Also noticed a few things in their presentation that were incorrect. They still quote the "Drugged Driving Per Se" Law even though the Michigan supreme court has overturned it. If anyone has a second please go through the attached file and let me know if you see any inconsistencies. I don't like the wording they use about cannabis use. It sounds like they are restricting patient rights.

http://www.cityofclare.org/citygovernment/CommissionFiles/060710/MMMAct.pdf

-Casey

A 50% concentration of THC can remain in the body up to 8 days after marihuana use.

Really, I mean, REALLY?

What if law enforcement needs to show that Marihuana substantially affects the individuals ability to operate a vehicle in a normal manner?

Ya what if right.... what if they had to do there job?

Isn't there a law about posting times & changes for local government meetings. in a timely manner( so many days before the meeting takes place) ?.This is supposed to happen for just this reason, so they can't slip anything by the people they represent without them having their say.

I remember reading about this happening somewhere & they had to nullify all action taken & redo their meeting.

I find the very 1st thing they have on the power point presentation to be a total lie .The evidence that must be presented to nullify that very first condemning claim that cannabis has no medical use is the fact that the United States Federal Government actively grows and supplies medical cannabis to patient across these United States.

But, I digress, if people would only listen.

I find the very 1st thing they have on the power point presentation to be a total lie .The evidence that must be presented to nullify that very first condemning claim that cannabis has no medical use is the fact that the United States Federal Government actively grows and supplies medical cannabis to patient across these United States.

But, I digress, if people would only listen.

here is what they put in the paper> http://www.clarecountyonline.com/?p=2567

Well alot of that has to do with this horribly outdated and uninformed powerpoint presentation that was provided to them by mdch.. Its on the link so check it out.. we should demand that to be updated.. My request is they add the part .. (e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

Well alot of that has to do with this horribly outdated and uninformed powerpoint presentation that was provided to them by mdch.. Its on the link so check it out.. we should demand that to be updated.. My request is they add the part .. (e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

that would be great if you can get them to add that

I agree, So how we do this?

We have to take the law to them in its entirety (instead of the horrible powerpoint they watched) And explain to them that they are not allowed to take any rights away from patients or caregivers and that if they do in any way we as clare couty patients will sue the pants off them.. All said very respectfully.. :-)

Archived