A Proposed New Law

peanutbutter

Any law enforcement officer that knowingly and willfully violates the rights of persons or property protected under the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by not more than five years in prison and a fine of not more than $500,000.

Such law enforcement persons shall not be eligible to receive any benefit from any retirement fund or pension.

Guest Wayne

Fair and equal treatment? What about us civil servants that get felony convictions? Lose my pension too? They, like me, earned our pensions same as our wages. Prison and/or a fine sounds sufficient to me. I'm not going to punish the families too. They can put me in prison but I earned the right to feed my family.

And who would enforce this?

Exactly ...who would enforce this? I think we need some sort of system in place for LEO who refuse to follow the MM law. As a civil servant myself it is my job to completely UNDERSTAND all laws, rules, public acts and bills that I work under. If not my butt is kicked out of office and it's not with pay. If LEO were elected and not hired we would probably see a different view out of some of them with the MM law.

Dizz

Fair and equal treatment? What about us civil servants that get felony convictions? Lose my pension too? They, like me, earned our pensions same as our wages. Prison and/or a fine sounds sufficient to me. I'm not going to punish the families too. They can put me in prison but I earned the right to feed my family.

Yes .. fair is fair. They take my accounts and real estate.

If they want to stop doing that, then it would be "fair" to not attach their property.

Exactly ...who would enforce this? I think we need some sort of system in place for LEO who refuse to follow the MM law. As a civil servant myself it is my job to completely UNDERSTAND all laws, rules, public acts and bills that I work under. If not my butt is kicked out of office and it's not with pay. If LEO were elected and not hired we would probably see a different view out of some of them with the MM law.

Dizz

Chuckle .. offer a reward for ratting out fellow officers.

Archived