Need Help Now!

Zombiefied

I am trying to find out who to tell my Sister in law to file a formal complaint with. In Traverse City, Mi she was pulled over for speeding, the officer asked for her license, after that he walked around the car and asked her husband for his ID and his green card. They then proceeded to question the children about there legality, even tho there Mom is 100% born and raised here... My brother in law was detained because he did not have his papers, but showed a valid Mexican Drivers License. The MSP are trying to cop out of the "immigration" saying its out of there hands, that is ok, but what is NOT OK IS THE WAY THEY WERE POORLY TREATED and RACIALLY PROFILED. They want to complain to two different MSP, the Local TC Post, and the main Police Post. I am also urging her to write a letter to the ACLU and she has been talking about getting a lawyer, but cant afford one. But if anybody knows how to find out the Head guy in TC is and the head guy in the whole State is that would help me a lot. She does not want to walk in there with out knowing who to talk to first.... Thank you for any replys....

I know this is not MM related, well it kinda is, he is also being charged with 6 joints, TC is a minor possession charge and they would of "let him go, if it wernt for no papers".

How were they mistreated? Sounds like from what you said they just questioned a legal immigrant whether his children were legal or not, it seems like a pretty standard question they have no knowledge whether or not the kids were born here or not, on the 6 joints issue was he legal to carry them? Does he have a valid medical condition for them that he can use in court? Or does he just like to smoke pot to smoke it. Think of it from my perspective I personally would have no idea where the children were born based on the mother being a legal citizen and the father being a legal immigrant. Not everything is automatically being racially profiled, if there is more information you did not include that would show there was racial profiling I would understand it but it does not seem like it.

Check this out :

Contact: F/Lt. William Elliott, Traverse City Post commander ,

(231) 946-4647

Agency: State Police

Information from here :

https://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1586_1710-214784--,00.html

THANK YOU!!! She is afraid that the State Police will try to mess with her for making a complaint, so she wants to talk to the big dogs, not just the "road dogs"....

THANK YOU!!! She is afraid that the State Police will try to mess with her for making a complaint, so she wants to talk to the big dogs, not just the "road dogs"....

If the police spent their time harrasing people who complained about them they would never get anything else done, have you considered the police are not out to get you and you are being overly paranoid?

So my sister is overly paranoid, and they wernt messed with cuz of the color of there skin? Wow, you must of been the LEO to pull them over....

That's not what I said you are taking it out of context, I said if the police chased after everyone that complained about them they would only do that, again you are looking at this from a very very biased side which i can understand it is your family. Calm down take a breather and read... She should file a complaint, you should not be so paranoid as to think if you complain they are going to find you like the nazi ss. Not sure I can put it any other way.

That's not what I said you are taking it out of context, I said if the police chased after everyone that complained about them they would only do that, again you are looking at this from a very very biased side which i can understand it is your family. Calm down take a breather and read... She should file a complaint, you should not be so paranoid as to think if you complain they are going to find you like the nazi ss. Not sure I can put it any other way.

They got pulled over and questioned..... what's the complaint? They did there job. Sorry but it doesnt seem like LEO did anything inappropriate. Seriously what is the complaint? From what I've read it seems like your SIL got a break and a big one at that.

As I was not there, I dont know the whole "pull over". But I do KNOW FOR A FACT that it was racially drivin. So seriously, I could care less what you guys think on this matter, I needed help, and I have been givin help. Thanks to the people that answered my question. Plus Rep for all of you!

EDIT: Anyway I can lock this?

Not everything is a racial issue, you are saying that the state trooper only pulled them over based on race? Seems like you just want to play the race card tbh, what facts do you have that it was racially driven other than the police officer asking a legal immigrant for his green card(which keep in mind is not racist.).

Like you said Ionic can you imagine how many complaints they would have at the MSP if everyone complained every time they got pulled over. Tell your SIL to let it go. It happens all day every day. Man when I had long hair they pulled me over every other week should I have complained, it was racially motivated. Waaaaa

Like you said Ionic can you imagine how many complaints they would have at the MSP if everyone complained every time they got pulled over. Tell your SIL to let it go. It happens all day every day. Man when I had long hair they pulled me over every other week should I have complained, it was racially motivated. Waaaaa

that basically puts what I was saying bluntly yes good job!

Archived