Lights Off

migreen

I have a question,when your lights go off in a grow area should the exhaust fan shut off also? and just the draft fan stay on? setting up the box, thanx migreen :mellow:

I run two exhaust fans and a scrubber on a timer and one oscilating fan direct to the plug it stays on 24/7.

I have a question,when your lights go off in a grow area should the exhaust fan shut off also? and just the draft fan stay on? setting up the box, thanx migreen :mellow:

It should be connected to a humidisate, if not let it run for about an hour longer to lower the humidity, remember as the air cools the humidity raises

Depends on the temp and humidity you want in the dark period.

Different in winter.

Different in veg.

Different in flower.

Different when the dog opens the door to see if you are in there.

Mr. Wilson ...I'm all over the dog opening the door....lol...I swear my dog could work for the dea,I catch her all the time when I leave the door ajar in there sniffing at the plants,,,good thing I rescued her from the shelter huh...

It should be connected to a humidisate, if not let it run for about an hour longer to lower the humidity, remember as the air cools the humidity raises

is that right? i thought as air cools the humidity level goes down./ hot air holds more humid than cool air.

Really its up to you and the set up you have. Experiment with it. Try putting the vent on a timer with the light cycle and see if it helps or hinders your grow. see if the Tempo and Humidity raise or lower. The best way to learn is experience. your plants grow best when you know what they want from you. happy growing!! PEACE

is that right? i thought as air cools the humidity level goes down./ hot air holds more humid than cool air.

After the lights go out it will cool down in the room, correct. At 83 degrees air holds a lot more moisture than at 70 degrees, so the same room full of air that was 60 % at 83 degrees will be higher at 70 degrees. Cooler temps hold less moisture. So you want to get that hot humid air out of the fower room. Also note what will happen in the winter if your exhaust fan is hooked to a humidistate and turns on because of humidity and not temp, if your intake air is too cold and lowers the temp in the room too fast it will again raise the humidity in the room because again the cool air holds less moisture. So the fans keeps runnig and sucks out all your heat.

Archived