Yields?

MartinP26

Ive never grown b4 and i would like to know what yields are like from each individual plant. I know its different under different circumstances and that different strains make larger and more buds but ive heard that soil indoors only puts out about 1 ounce. Is this true?? I was thinking it would be more like 3-5 ounces. If you could just drop me some numbers or averages. Only soil growers and hempy bucket numbers needed. lol (the 2 methods i will be using)

Your right in that there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration when trying to determine yield. What wattage lights and what type? What strain? How long was the plant allowed to veg? What grow medium your using, soil, aero, hydro, bubbles. As well as whether your growing indoors or outdoors in the God given free light of the sun. And don't forget nutes, feeding schedules, watering, all that jazz.

I grow in soil and typically grow mine out in veg until they are 12" to 18" and then they go in the flower box. Some will stretch depending on the pheno and the strain, some will grow another 6" inches while I have had other sativa dominant shoot up another 18" before it was all said and done. Typical yields that I have experienced off a mystery strain have been right around 1oz per plant, sometimes more but never more than 2oz off my girls thus far. But just in my little experience, my yields have been steadily improving in potency and in weight. My lights are a mix of florescent horticulture high output bulbs in the red spectrum and topped with a 400watt HPS Sun systems. I feed my girls a home made tea brew made from composting materials, rabbit poo, molasses, Cal/Mg. Check my gallery if you would like to see my girls.

This is just my .02, and I am still a new at this. Just hoped to give you a little input.

----Nemo

Ive never grown b4 and i would like to know what yields are like from each individual plant. I know its different under different circumstances and that different strains make larger and more buds but ive heard that soil indoors only puts out about 1 ounce. Is this true?? I was thinking it would be more like 3-5 ounces. If you could just drop me some numbers or averages. Only soil growers and hempy bucket numbers needed. lol (the 2 methods i will be using)

You aint getting no 3-5 ownces. Id gess youd be lucky to get 1 off a plant if youre a newb and growin indoors. Aint alot of people get that much. I mean its possibul I gess but aint to likly.

How much light? My 2nd to 4th crops under a 400CMH in hempy buckets averaged 1 ounce per plant. Some more, some less. I never optimized the grow space or cycle, always ending up with plants much too tall, lots of late-cycle supercropping, lst, whatever was necessary to keep the plants away from the light.

There are way to many variables to play the yield guessing game. Strain, Light, Medium, Nutrients, PH, PPM, EC, how much you manipulate them, the phenotype etc... Don't be upset if you only yield an ounce, and don't be over joyed if you yield 10.

The strain was a crappy off the street bag seed nothing special. I used F/F O/F dirt and tiger bloom, grow big and big bloom. My light was a cheap 1000w hps and it went 10 weeks. Watered twice a week. Thursday I would give nutes and sunday I would give straight water. I was 1.3 grams short of 5 ounces. Yes dry ounces. Pics in my gallery under all smiles.

Thanks

Wozer

There are way to many variables to play the yield guessing game. Strain, Light, Medium, Nutrients, PH, PPM, EC, how much you manipulate them, the phenotype etc... Don't be upset if you only yield an ounce, and don't be over joyed if you yield 10.

great answer bro.

and, i dug this up to add to your collection :)

med_gallery_13801_60_2135.gif

Archived