Water From My Central Air Safe?

Brandan

07-25-2010 01:44 PM #1

gbrandan

Stranger

Stranger

Jun 2010

Using the water from my central Air?

Ok, my uncle who is a heating and cooling wizard is helping me build my room. Well today he tells me " you know that u could prolly use the water that ur central air puts down the drain. I believe it is actually distilled water that comes out of it" Have any of you guys heard of this? The tube carrying the water just empties into my sink down there, so he said to just put the tube in a gallon bottle till it fills up and ten put a new bottle down there..

Is this water safe to grow with? It would be great and a way to save some extra $$$... Please someone let me know..

That collected water is LOADED with mold and fungus spores... kill it with fire or UVA UVB radiation.

Next time you clean your A/C evaporator look and see if there is anything black and funky about it.

I have seen several A/C and dehumidifiers loaded with them nasties attached to everything, bleach the coils and boil the water before using it.

I use boiled rain water instead.

The water I use from the Ac is collected into a huge plastic bin. It sits there and I agitate it twice a day to get some air circulated into it. I don't have anything growing in the water or on the sides of the bin and the plants just love it. Of course if you want to talk microbes, I always have a five gallon bucket full of fermented rabbit doo-doo, compost, ash, molasses, and a few other goodies on the back burner. My girls get a two doses of that mixed into a tea at weeks four and six. No boiling, just working the natural way of things as best as I can. So far, so good for me. But like I said before, I'm such a newb and anything I say is purely out of what I have done thus far, which isn't really too much and only involves dirt growing. lol It may turn around and bite me in the arse and all my plants will die someday. But until then, I have to go with what works for me and help others out with what I know and have learned thus far. I guess all I can say now is, read as much as you can, ask many questions, and make an informed decision on what you want to try. I hope everything works out for you.

Archived