Has Anybody Else Dealt With This?

casperthegoat

Not sure who dinged me for stating a fact about what the forms say... but here is another chance for you as I post directly from the MDCH website and form that we have all filled out.

MDCH Marihuana packet

 APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD

REQUIRED: Complete Section A: APPLICANT/PATIENT INFORMATION

IF APPLICABLE: Complete Section B: PRIMARY CAREGIVER

o

Required if you are designating a caregiver

"Primary caregiver" means a person who is at least 21 years old and who has agreed to assist with a patient's medical use of marihuana and who has never been convicted of a felony involving illegal drugs

REQUIRED: Complete Section C: PERSON ALLOWED TO POSSESS PATIENT’S MARIHUANA PLANTS

REQUIRED: Complete Section D: CERTIFYING PHYSICIAN INFORMATION

REQUIRED: Section E: ATTESTATION, SIGNATURE, & DATE

o

The Patient must sign and date the application

Emphasis mine.

I am not agreeing with or disagreeing with the point that we as caregivers do put a great stake into the plants, be it purchasing the genetics or just in the love that goes into growing these beautiful ladies to harvest. My point is simply to point out that at least according to the registraion paperwork, the plants belong to a patient. Perhaps the wording on the application needs to be changed, but that is a subject for a different thread.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RevThad- this is why I dislike the rep system. While we may disagree on certain points your post surely was not deserving of a negative rep. Your point is valid on what section c says, this is why we desperatly need more clarity on a lot of subjects with our law. This is why its a great idea to have written contracts between each patient and caregiver relationship. +1 for a good post

Those plants belong to the patient that dropped you...

Wouldn't the plants belong to the patient sort of like your car (with payments due) belongs to you?

I mean it's YOUR car, YOU own it, but you haven't paid for it all yet. So you only "own" what you have paid for technically.

And if you don't pay, they take it ALL back.

The patients may "own" the plants technically, but if they haven't paid in full, the caregiver can keep them.

That's what it should say in the contract.

I am going to post here because I was a patient in a similar situation. I ultimately chose a different CG because the quality declined significantly over 5 purchased ounces. He had more important priorities out of state (and I cant blame him). I remember showing up to gatherings with other patients and was laughed at because of the poor quality of my meds. Even with the embarrasment of having the worst meds (and I reiterate THE WORST), I was still hoping that my CG would turn his quality around... it never happened. I never publicly bashed him and I never over reacted. I still think he's a great guy that just had more important priorities. I wish he would have told me sooner that he lost interest in growing (would've saved me $800), but I'll deal with it. My point... CGs and patients have an equal opportunity to get screwed.

I am going to post here because I was a patient in a similar situation. I ultimately chose a different CG because the quality declined significantly over 5 purchased ounces. He had more important priorities out of state (and I cant blame him). I remember showing up to gatherings with other patients and was laughed at because of the poor quality of my meds. Even with the embarrasment of having the worst meds (and I reiterate THE WORST), I was still hoping that my CG would turn his quality around... it never happened. I never publicly bashed him and I never over reacted. I still think he's a great guy that just had more important priorities. I wish he would have told me sooner that he lost interest in growing (would've saved me $800), but I'll deal with it. My point... CGs and patients have an equal opportunity to get screwed.

that is correct that's why i reiterate that the need of a contract works in the favor of both the patient and the caregiver. so that neither party will get screwed or at least if one does you have the right to seek legal action.

No, I was getting rich of nobody. And I'm not mad I lost the plants, I'm upset the way they went about it. I explained that. So yes, a patient calling out of the blue to say they sent in their change form strictly because they want to grow it now makes them a "donkey rectum" as you like to put it. Thank you for the kind words

This is the patient's RIGHT!! I've dealt with 2 HORRIFIC caregivers in the Detroit metro area and they both LIED and took me for a ride. If I am paying for a service it should be looked at simply as business. Finding new patients isn't hard. Looking for a QUALITY and TRUSTWORTHY one myself at the moment. I'm tired of all the BS issues that patients can get a card for taking my smoke away. HIV+ here and having the most difficult time finding a CG. Seems as if I shouldn't have to look that hard when people such as yourself can't find patients. That's my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Please explain. Why would the patient get his plants for free?

I'm wondering the same thing. As far as I understand it the plants belong to the patient but if a caregiver is smart they would have service/labor charges already attributed to the plants, harvested or not.

Isn't there a suggestion around here somewhere that a patient/cargiver contract is highly recomended to protect both parties? Ah...right here http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/page/articles/caregivers/what-cg-do last sentence "Caregiver and patient should discuss their expectations at the outset of the relationship, should have a written contract outlining their agreement."

My patient called me and said " I just wanted to let you know I sent in my change caregiver form so I can grow myself."

So now I have to give away 12 plants that have been started. When getting a caregiver these patients look at it as a luxury that they can do whatever they want with. I cant stand muffin makers like this. I know there are good patients out there but i just wanted to vent. This is ridiculous.

Thank you all for reading this. Good luck to all of you caregivers out there!

Thats the patients right to change anytime they want to. I've dealt with caregivers and both of them lied, cheated, so I don't feel sorry for you. The caregivers I've dealt with only care about themselves I can't stand aholes that don't supply the right meds and want to meet in parking lots. F them

My patient called me and said " I just wanted to let you know I sent in my change caregiver form so I can grow myself."

So now I have to give away 12 plants that have been started. When getting a caregiver these patients look at it as a luxury that they can do whatever they want with. I cant stand muffin makers like this. I know there are good patients out there but i just wanted to vent. This is ridiculous.

Thank you all for reading this. Good luck to all of you caregivers out there!

I agree with everyone that said to get another patient quickly and transfer over the plants. When getting to know a potential new patient, this is always discussed up front.... I will create new plants or transfer some over to them, but when they leave, they will be transfered to a new patient or not replaced. Being Compasionate, my goal is to get them growing on there own to become self sufficient. If they leave on good terms to grow their own, I will transfer over clones/cuttings for free. If they try to Jack me, then the plants end up dead or transfered to a new patient. But you can avoid problems with plant counts, if you run 12 plants less than allowed. You can easily provide for 2 or more patients with each 12 plants.

CaspertheGoat, Being a caregiver is a work of compassion; it is also a business. You cannot operate without patients (customers) so get busy as others have said, and advertise. Advertise until you have 5 patients, and then advertise some more, so you can upgrade the ounces your patients buy from you. The Federal standard medically for severe pain relief is--yes, it really is--12 marihuana cigarettes per day, which is 1+ ounce per day, which is 6.6 pounds per year x 5 patients, which allows you to sell 32 pounds of good bud per year. Businesses have goals, what are your goals? Selling 32 pounds per year is legally defensible in Federal terms (medically, not legally) and in terms of a business, makes the things that happen in the course of maintaining 5 customers who are big users a mere irritation that at the end of the year; won't anymore be present in your memory. Those 5 who need your highest level of service and best bud are out there, just find them. They will be pleased to have your best!

Archived