New... Help Would Be Nice

So I just became certified a few days ago :D

This is my first time growing, I feel like I know somewhat about everything but not enough about anything to be comfortable yet.

As of right now I am going to be using bubbleponics ( feel very comfortable with it ). There will be 12 plants broken into 3 different groups each at a different stage of growth so I can keep medication on hand 24/7. What do you think ? Good way to go or do something different ?

So now I have been looking at lights, wow lots of info. My big question is what wattage to go with I am going to have 2 lights its just weather to go with dual 600's or 1000's? I need some help with this.

Will the 1000's produce too much heat? cost to much to run per month? Along with other costs like buying a big fan to cool them a making sure the ducting is perfect so it will not affect the heat of my home.

Or go with the dual 600's having less light but being able to keep them cooler better and having less cost?

if you are splitting up the lights, i would go with the 600's. more lumens per watt and since you will probably never have more than 4 or 5 plants under each light i think the 600's would cover them fine. another way to go would be a 1000watt for flower and a 600 for veg.

then keep the perpetual rotation going.

welcome to the site!!

best of luck!!

if you are splitting up the lights, i would go with the 600's. more lumens per watt and since you will probably never have more than 4 or 5 plants under each light i think the 600's would cover them fine. another way to go would be a 1000watt for flower and a 600 for veg.

then keep the perpetual rotation going.

Great advice!

Nice going with the dual 600's after some looking around and research. Thinking about soil and one or two bubbleponics just to see what I can do. Has anyone build a grow room I was thinking about 8x8 if i can build one out of lumber if not going with the closet. Also any info on ventilation ? tips would be amazing !

It so happens I just came across a 1500 watt light I think for sale through a friend, dont think i could use it if I wanted too haha. With the 600's how many plants would fit under the light while keeping enough room for them to reach their potential? Also with the bubbleponics would it be recommended to go with 5 gallon buckets or the larger tote style things?

those 600's look amazing by the way hopefully I will be getting there soon!

Twin 600w > single 1000w. All day long. Higher yield, cooler room, more custom options for placement, if you're going to do it right, which it sounds like you are I would also suggest the twin 600w and then you can also snag one of your 600s and take it into a flowering room if you are short on funds and flower a few plants at a time like you were saying with a different bulb to keep your upfront costs down if that is an issue for you, I know how fast the equipment adds up, but stick with it!

Good luck my man

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind hun...

If you are doing more than one grow at a time in 3 different stages, you need another light-proof room to bloom them in!

When it is time to flower them, they must have their lights cut to 12-on 12-off... with absolutely ZERO light in the room during lights off-- not even small light leaks, or they can hermie on you (get male & female buds and end up seeded & pretty useless-- and those seeds are all hermies too)

That means you move the plants that are ready to bloom to the 12/12 room, and leave the others in the 24/0 room to continue vegging... The bloom room needs to be big enough to accomodate the plants, since they will double in size during bloom!

When sprouting & Vegging- you want cooler temps and bluer lighting to try to imitate nature as closely as possible for "Spring" conditions.. this gives a higher % of female plants, as if the temps are high or the light too red (and nutes or pH off) then the recessive Y chromosome found in most female seeds can be triggered, making them either male or hermie instead of female.

Good luck on your new grow!! Enjoy!

Just wondering why build a room inside a room?

If you have the one room, you could use heavy black plastic to divide the room up to the ceiling and create a wall, one side for veg, one for flower. You may need extra fans or equipment for both sides.

I know growers debate about the ideal temps, i think the 78 number should be reversed. 87 degrees is more like it! Summer in Hawaii! I don't like to go too far above that though, and yes temps are lower when flowering.

I'm not sure what the bubble system is but the best growers i've ever met just did potting soil and pots, very simple and cheap.

• 1 month later...

Got most of my stuff figured out running one 600 in a 7x7 tent with fox farms happy frog in 5 gallon pots and one DWC bubble pot. I will throw some pics up soon as I feel like my plants are stunted in growth from stress or I could just be rushing things. They are growing nodes so close to one another its nut's they are just stacking. O ya growing purple pineberry, querkle, blue venom, sour cream and sharks breath ( topped ) sharks breath top in DWC.

• 1 month later...

So I just became certified a few days ago :D

This is my first time growing, I feel like I know somewhat about everything but not enough about anything to be comfortable yet.

As of right now I am going to be using bubbleponics ( feel very comfortable with it ). There will be 12 plants broken into 3 different groups each at a different stage of growth so I can keep medication on hand 24/7. What do you think ? Good way to go or do something different ?

So now I have been looking at lights, wow lots of info. My big question is what wattage to go with I am going to have 2 lights its just weather to go with dual 600's or 1000's? I need some help with this.

Will the 1000's produce too much heat? cost to much to run per month? Along with other costs like buying a big fan to cool them a making sure the ducting is perfect so it will not affect the heat of my home.

Or go with the dual 600's having less light but being able to keep them cooler better and having less cost?

Hey, i had the same thoughts about 100watt or 600w? Went with two 600 watters.They getter done for sure heat is not such an issue.I really like that you can use one for veg and one for flower! Or both for either soon good yes?Hey look at all the VERY HELPFUL stuff. That Bubblegrower has posted on bubblersLots and Lots of Info THanks again Bubblegrower You the Man :goodjob:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived