Clones-911

ok, so I bought some clones from my local dispensary thinking that I was buying quality clones. I'm such a noob that I didn't bother to check for roots. This was my first time buyin clones. So today I noticed that all of the leaves on 2 of my clones are looking pretty sad so I gently pulled on the steam and they came right out. I broke the rockwool up and not even 1 root or even the start of a root.

My question is this, Can my clones/cuttlings be saved? I misted the leaves and the rockwool and added some cups to us as humidity domes. what else should I do? As soon as I bought the clones/cuttlings I planted them in a 50/50 mix of ffof/happy frog. Should I remove them from the soil and put them in a little rez so that the rockwool can suck up water and stay moist?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

I really dont want to say just yet. I wanna give them the chance to make it right before I talk a bunch of bunny muffin on here and make them look bad. There good people and I'm gonna take this as a lesson learned. I just really need help.

+ rep

hopefully those take root for you. have you ever thought of a bubble cloner or an aero cloner?

some of the upper smaller leaves still have some green in them so im hopin thats still a good sign. I'm just using a couple of plastic cups for domes.

As far as the bubble/aero cloner goes, I do wanna make 1 I just not have the time/cash to do it right now and I dont wanna half-donkey it. If I gonna make 1 its gotta be right.

I hear ya with the cloner, it would be nice but I can't afford to put one together yet either. I have used domes, 2liter soda bottles with the top cut off, and put the clones under 24/7 fluorescent, I've had good results thus far. As long as you still have some green on there, they are still alive, if the green is supple and soft. I wish you the best with your girls and hope it all turns out ok for you.

I use stonewool cubes 1"x1" and put them in the seedling tray with a dome,though this time of year the dome's not needed.

I've seen cuttings thats been without water or anything for almost 24 hours make it.The key is temperature and humidity.

Your trying to get roots not leaves,so very little light is necessary.

Someone just gave you cuttings basically the same thing just that you need to help them along if you have rooting compound just dip the stems in and place them back in the medium and keep them in a dome clone tray if you don't have the clone tray a beer cup and plastic will suffice just keep them moist and warm. :thumbsu:

I decided to us a fish tank with a piece of glass on top of it. I sprayed the crap out of the inside of the tank and the plants. When the plants are in a humidity dome do they still need CO2 to root or is that only used in photosynthesis? Do I need to take to top off of the tank and blow co2 in there and let the oxygen escape?

100_3844.jpg

100_3842.jpg

100_3843.jpg

Archived