Mites

Conrad

super mites-

not spider mites. mites are very prone to mutation and if not killed outright WILL develop resistance to poisons. in california mites are so commonly passed around they are VERY chemical resistant.

i think they call them mendicino mini's.

• 2 weeks later...

This is right off the label. Kills the eggs too.

FLORAMITE SC is a selective miticide for the control of a variety

of mite pests on the following plants:

• All ornamental plants, including bedding plants, flowering

plants, foliage plants, bulb crops, perennials, trees and

shrubs.

• All non-bearing fruit trees which will not bear fruit for a minimum

of 12 months.

• Greenhouse tomatoes, varieties greater than 1" in diameter

when mature.

That is why I would not use that garbage. There are a lot of safer products.

I have not been able to seal my room yet and some critters flew in the other day. Interestingly, they only landed on my Kushberry mother. I have two Sour Diesel mothers and some clones as well as 2 diesel ryder auto in the first month and the borg IGNORED all the diesel genetics to infest my Kushberry only. I mean I have looked and cannot even find a bite mark on any diesel plants!!! hmmm

I just isolated the one and neemed her down a few times out of the light and went into my box to clean and I cannot find any evidence of their existence anywhere else....

I've been in a LOT of rooms in the last year and in my experience from talking to a lot of growers is mites really like the kush type plants.

Hate to jump in at the tail end of things. I was out of town for just over two weeks and found some mites the very night I had to leave. They seem to like all the varieties I have, NYCD, Strawcough, Kush, but then again they are not growing in a clean room. ;) They grew over a foot tall while I was gone and now the Strawcough and the NYCD is over six foot. Mite's are natural things, if you have ever eaten a raspberry in the woods, you've eaten mites. I don't stress the little things in life anymore. Got some natural organic bug spray, works for mites but not for eggs. Have to reapply in a few days, but they are already knocked down to nearly nothing. I still see eggs, but the adults are dead, and I only found one small baby mite today. Honestly, as long as my buds are not encased in webs like the pic in the MM Bible, and they're growth is not being impeded, it's all good.

Alternate between Floramite and Forbid. Only use either product twice before switching to the other. Eggs hatch between 3-5 days, so the second spraying should occur then. Once you mix Floramite, it starts breaking down very quickly.

Avid also works great in a rotation. I like it because it doesn't leave a residue that damages the plant. Just like you said IJ, don't use the same spray more than twice in a row. Keep on 'em every 3-5 days until you don't see them anymore.

I hate using poisons but I hate the borg even more. I never spray flowers with miticides and only spray organic stuff in the first week or 2. Once flowers start showing I'm along for the ride.

Once you get the borg in your flower room you are screwed, especially if you run staggered plantings. Keep the temps as low as possible and your humidity as high as possible without causing moldy flowers.

Guest drcanna-pest

Spider Mite issues? I have the cure. 7 days guaranteed. Put away the Azamax - Captain jacks - safer soaps or whatever you are using. Email me. RA973B@GMAIL.COM Treatment is $10 per plant. Guaranteed or your money back. Most cases only need 1 dose. Extreme cases take 2. This is totally safe and we can apply up to 3 weeks before harvest. Our main objective is discreet professional service while maintaining the integrity of your medicine.

Folks the reason the stuff on the shelf doesnt work is because here in Michigan we have 2 types of spider mites. Please do yourself a favor. If your too far for me to cover you I can tell you the products to use and what to buy. I am here to help. Any questions please don't hesitate to email or call.

Guest drcanna-pest

you are 100% right my friend. I have been using this stuff on the worst of cases and it is the ONLY thing to use if you are a grower in Michigan. It's hard to find...only 1 store in Michigan so far carries it. Lucky for me its about 5 miles away...in Traverse City. The Grow Store. Do yourself a favor everyone! I know summer is tough and we ALL have mites. MITE-RID is the key!

Has anyone tried Riddex? the electronic devise that you plug in a outlet, I have, and never had a problem with bugs. My son moved in with us and has a dog with flees, gave it a bath with treatment and no more flees, and i have not seen a spider or even a fly in our house in two years, not sense I put them in. Anybody else had luck with this thing, I swear by it.. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I've had great results with Azamax as a foliar spray. I've tried a lot of stuff, BioNeem, Zero Tolerance(outrageously priced!), Organicide, and a bunch more i don't even care to remember. Azamax seems to be the best so far. I have to say, the soil drench is a waste for spider mites, IMO, it works if you're trying to get rid of gnats or something but not for mites.

I have heard good things about mite rid, but haven't tried it.

Another sure fire way is to cover your plant with a trash bag, suck the air out with a vacuum, and fill the bag with CO2 from your tank. Tie it off and let that sit for an hour or so and everything inside the bag that breathes air will be dead and the plant will love it.

Archived