Hi All,

I am new and could use some help. I just got my card and went to my pain Dr who said he would not help me if I used the pot. I told him it was for a issue with my stomach not my pain but he will not help me. Is it againts the law to use pain meds and pot? Please someone let me know.

Thank You So Much, Carrie

Its a problem we've all been facing. Some dr's think the letters before their name are G.o.d. But it's all perfectly legal. They can choose not to treat an mmj patient for pain.

If you can't live without your pain meds, wait to find a more compassionate, understanding, enlightened doctor before you start with your mmj tx. I know it's not a great answer but it's the reality of it unfortunatly.

I'm sure someone can here refer you to one. I use the VA & even they are coming around. Hopefully more will get off their high horse & get with the program.

Guest Find a display name

I dont even tell my Drs. Just tell your Dr you have decided not to smoke it that way you get what you need. What you do in the privacy of your home is your buisness and yours only

Welcome to the site!

Have you tried using MJ for your pain? If not, (I don't care if Im a Dr. or not) you should try it. From all of the stories I've read on this site, MJ can can fully substitute any prescription pain pills. Just be sure that if you do try MJ it is medical grade and not garbage.

Not all of us can just drop our other meds. MMj has been very good to me, It allowed me to get off the really bad stuff that I KNEW would destroy me.

But I still have to take a couple different scrips. I have too. MMj helps with a lot of things & what it doesn't help with directly it can help treat it's symptoms. But modern science still has it's place & some still need their scrips. It depends on the individual & their condition.

It shouldn't have to be a choice between one or the other. some need both.

find someone here from your area or check out your local cc. somebody can help find you a doc so you don't have to choose.

I dont even tell my Drs. Just tell your Dr you have decided not to smoke it that way you get what you need. What you do in the privacy of your home is your buisness and yours only

I tried it one time and that week I seen my pain Dr who gave me a drug test which I failed.

He told me if I fail again he will not give me my scripts and I would go into DTS and that may kill me as I am very weak. What to do? I just want to die with some peace.

Not all of us can just drop our other meds. MMj has been very good to me, It allowed me to get off the really bad stuff that I KNEW would destroy me.

But I still have to take a couple different scrips. I have too. MMj helps with a lot of things & what it doesn't help with directly it can help treat it's symptoms. But modern science still has it's place & some still need their scrips. It depends on the individual & their condition.

It shouldn't have to be a choice between one or the other. some need both.

find someone here from your area or check out your local cc. somebody can help find you a doc so you don't have to choose.

Thank you. My pills are for my pain and the mj was for my stomach that does not work. He wanted me to have it to try to keep some weight on. I dont know who to call at this point. I am very upset with this whole thing.

I tried it one time and that week I seen my pain Dr who gave me a drug test which I failed.

He told me if I fail again he will not give me my scripts and I would go into DTS and that may kill me as I am very weak. What to do? I just want to die with some peace.

You doc should be very proud of himself for laying it out like that. Sorry this is happening to you.

But Hang on girl hope is not lost. You just posted your location. some caring person here from your area will find you & get you the info you need. Meanwhile find the closest compassion club & give them a call..

No one gets left behind here.

If this is a pain management Dr. and you have signed a contract with him, as terrible as it is he can do that. Below is a link for a Dr. in warren he is wonderful, and does not have a problem with MM.

He is a great pain management Dr, he's good at what he does and compassionate.

http://www.dolorapain.com/about.html

I just made an app with him I hope he will help me. Thanks so much, Carrie

Carrie,

I know he will help you. Tell them Alyscia from Dr. Kenewell's office told you about them. I hope finding this new Dr. will be a stress releiver for you. Please post and let us know how your appt goes. And please stick around on the forum's, lot's of good info and good people here..and we are glad to have ya :D

Thank you for the help I really appreciate it. I will let you know how it goes I go on the 19th.

Thanks Again, Carrie

Yeah,,,I went to a Doc one time for pain meds.

The little long haired blond skinny guy looked like a hippie blast from the past. So I thought he was cool at first.

Then the clown tells me, that he's gonna give me a tinkle test to see if I'm clean for Marijuana. If I'm clean, he will prescribe the pain meds. I just thought that was funnier than hell and I asked why? He said," Marijuana is a very harmful class A drug! I am totally against it's use in any way.

What a load of crap. Marj. has always helped me use 'less' narcodics!! Most of these doctors are in big pharma's pocket,,,big time. You think they wanna give up them 4 martini lunchs that the pill pushers take them out too every month? ha ha ha :devil:

Archived