How To Delete A Post?

Wow! Thats a real bummer. I think people should have the option of deleting their own content. What if you submit something on mistake and need to delete it. Rats! I really had hoped we could do this here at MMMA. I've constructed a thread at another site and on accident I hit the submit button when working on very private material, but no worries because they allow you to delete a post-you just need to fill out a very short form asking why you deleted it. The delete option saved my butt that day before the whole world could view my private material.

Oh well I guess I'll just construct a thread in microsoft office then submit when I'm finished with it.

Thanks for the anwsers,

MellowFellow

Wow! Thats a real bummer. I think people should have the option of deleting their own content. What if you submit something on mistake and need to delete it. Rats! I really had hoped we could do this here at MMMA. I've constructed a thread at another site and on accident I hit the submit button when working on very private material, but no worries because they allow you to delete a post-you just need to fill out a very short form asking why you deleted it. The delete option saved my butt that day before the whole world could view my private material.

Oh well I guess I'll just construct a thread in microsoft office then submit when I'm finished with it.

Thanks for the anwsers,

MellowFellow

you are allowed to go back and edit your posts though. most forums do not allow that.

if you wish to "delete" one of your past posts, go find it, click on the "edit" button in the lower right hand corner of the post.......... erase everything you see......... and leave a smiley face.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Bubble grower is correct. Just erase(blank out) your post. Problem with allowing others to delete threads/post, is often it's the thread maker that maybe didn't like the response of others so he/she decides they will just remove their thread, also deleting all other post in the process. We see no need for this kind of functionality in the hands of the user. Not saying this is your situation. But there are many times we have to take consideration of the many over the wishes of a few.....Heck, delete all and leave a period if you want. Accomplishes the same thing.

Best

I don't even like allowing to edit post. More than once (not here so far) when having a discussion and I get the better of someone they go back and delete their post to make it look like they never said that. So I started quoting their whole post just to keep them honest.

It is always good form when editing post to add at the bottom why it was edited as evidence you did not change the content just correct a mistake.

I don't even like allowing to edit post. More than once (not here so far) when having a discussion and I get the better of someone they go back and delete their post to make it look like they never said that. So I started quoting their whole post just to keep them honest.

It is always good form when editing post to add at the bottom why it was edited as evidence you did not change the content just correct a mistake.

on the contrary, i know 100% for a fact that the ability to edit can be a GREAT thing.

people have said stuff in the heat of the moment, but then were able to go back before the other party read it, after calming down, and edit to not instigate further argument.

i once posted a picture of a plant. there was a cardboard box in the background that had my mailing address on it. it was posted for 2 days before my wife pointed it out to me.

thank god i was able to just quietly edit/erase it.

I agree with this. Further, I think they should automaticly timestamp a post to show the time and date of the edit. It is a great feature, and helps keep everybody accountable for their words, including retractions.

Archived