Lemon Spice

tricloud

Lemon Spice is a cross of Apollo13 and Lemon Jam, a 12 week Jamaican sativa. The lemon Jam has a delicious lemon/pine flavor. I'm hoping to bring down the flower time and smooth out the flavor of the lemon jam just a little. So far the Lemon Spice plants are expressing hybrid vigor and are growing much faster than the Cosmic Crush plants that were started from seed at the same time.

I only started 6 of these and now I'm wishing I would have started more. They already smell lemony and I have a good feeling about this cross.

I think these are about 3 weeks old, I didn't mark the calendar. They got a little over watered from when I repotted and the leaves curled on a couple a little.....what can I say?

lemonspice3weeksold.jpg

nice looking plants tricloud,just let us know how it turns out,yeilds etc...where did you get the stock?from seed,clones?.my rooms are empty for cleaning,maintance,and cooler weather,,i'm planning on doing sativa's this next run and i like to mix up the varity..thanks....zzb

Hello zipbanger,

The seeds came from a cross I recently made. This is the first time these have ever been grown out which is necessary before I can release 'em. I don't think it will go 12 weeks but I don't think we'll be seeing any 50 day plants either. Ya never know though. Both A13 and the Lemon Jam (the parent plants) are delicious and covered with trichomes.

They started to preflower this morning but I can't tell what they are until I look at them with my reading glasses now days. Maybe this evening when the lights come back on they'll all be showing when I look at 'em with my readers on lol.

4 days in the flower room and showing already is a good sign that the a13 brought some earliness to the table but only time can tell.

I'll keep the pics coming.

Lemon Spice is a cross of Apollo13 and Lemon Jam, a 12 week Jamaican sativa. The lemon Jam has a delicious lemon/pine flavor. I'm hoping to bring down the flower time and smooth out the flavor of the lemon jam just a little. So far the Lemon Spice plants are expressing hybrid vigor and are growing much faster than the Cosmic Crush plants that were started from seed at the same time.

I only started 6 of these and now I'm wishing I would have started more. They already smell lemony and I have a good feeling about this cross.

I think these are about 3 weeks old, I didn't mark the calendar. They got a little over watered from when I repotted and the leaves curled on a couple a little.....what can I say?

lemonspice3weeksold.jpg

good job...lemon spice is a nice smooth strain...keep doin ya thing...big ups...interested to hear how it turned out...keep me posted

Hello zipbanger,

The seeds came from a cross I recently made. This is the first time these have ever been grown out which is necessary before I can release 'em. I don't think it will go 12 weeks but I don't think we'll be seeing any 50 day plants either. Ya never know though. Both A13 and the Lemon Jam (the parent plants) are delicious and covered with trichomes.

They started to preflower this morning but I can't tell what they are until I look at them with my reading glasses now days. Maybe this evening when the lights come back on they'll all be showing when I look at 'em with my readers on lol.

4 days in the flower room and showing already is a good sign that the a13 brought some earliness to the table but only time can tell.

I'll keep the pics coming.

4 days and showing wow...when you get it nailed down and available give me a shout...zzb

Ok, I found 3 males so far. One is more squatty and smells more like Apollo13. It has slightly wider leave pedals than the other 2 more sativa dominate looking plants.

Of the other 3 plants, one is pre-flowering and is definitely female. One is just starting to show and looks female but I'm not 100% sure yet and the other hasn't started to show yet. The 3 females all look like the more sativa dominate pheno.

This pic was taken this morning at 9 days in the flower room.

DSC00150.jpg

Here is a new pic of the first generation Lemon Spice @ 16 days in the flower room. We should have repotted days ago but everything is rush rush right now. We put the 3 females in "5 square" pots this morning.

They are stretching quite a bit which is to be expected, especially when finishing straight from seed. This should be interesting if nothing else lol.

lemon-spice-16%20days.jpg

Ok things are moving along quickly with these girls. One plant has stretched so much I had to put her in with some taller flowering plants. These two are looking pretty good. It looks like the Apollo13 genetics helped shorten the branches big time. I didn't think the leaves would come out so thin and the sativa genetic would be so dominate in this cross. Only time will tell if it will make it as an F1, it if does it looks like cloning may be necessary to tighten up the node spacing. These girls did go nearly 2 separate "days" in the dark due to a faulty timer. That problem is being resolved. I'm sure it effected the stretch, especially on the plant that I had to put in with the taller plants.

That's what happens when you go and start fixing things that aren't broken. I just wanted more space to move around.......

Here are some pics I took of the 2 shorter (tighter noded) plants @ 22 days. I'll try and get a pic of the most stretchy plant tomorrow.

lemon-spice-22%20days-1.jpg

lemon-spice-22%20days-closeup2.jpg

lemon-spice-22%20days-closeup3.jpg

lemon-spice-22%20days.jpg

lemon-spice-22%20days-2.jpg

Looking good, I thought I saw a Thai influence before but now im almsot positive :)

Thank you AbsoluteRoyal! :thumbsu:

The ultra deluxe thin leaves are interesting. The mother produces buds that resemble the Jamacian Lambsbread buds we used to get sometimes back in the 70's. I was told she's a Jamacian but I do figure she had been worked with b4 I got her. One thing for sure she's nice and tasty with a lemon pine thing going on.

There is a little Thai in Apollo13 from the Jack Herrer but that is quite minimal. Our Apollo13 is the sativa dominate version and the mother plant also had very thin leaves. She too tastes lemony but is very smooth and a candy kind of lemon.

I was thinking these would make something that would taste very special and would be great to share around Christmas time, if it's finished :).

OK, I promised to take some pics of all 4 lemon Spice "F1" plants. The short one got stunted from being pot bound when it was small.

I started with 7 plants and got 4 girls. I have to say I'm becoming a little impressed with the shorter plants. Looks like the big stretch is about done and you can see how the colas are going to form and that 3 will probably fill in nicely. Only time will tell but they look rather practical for a sativa right from seed.

It's best to do test runs straight from seed to see how the plants grow and what should be done to improve quality and yield the next grow as a clone. So far I'm thinking these will do great as a clone with about 6 tops per plant. As long as they start filling in and stop stretching that is. The 2 medium sized plants are the girls I have my eyes on especially the one on the left in the picture below:

lemon-spice-26%20days.jpg

Here is a closer top view of the one on the left. She seems to be a little faster about filling in so far.Still not many trichomes but I have a feeling they will come in force when it's time.

lemon-spice-26%20days-closeup.jpg

Beautiful Sativas you got there!

How long do you purpose the bloom phase is on this strain? Or are you still working that out?

Looks very nice though. Excellent work.

Hey thanks THC Farmer!

We are hoping to get some to finish in 10 weeks but this is our first run so only time will tell for sure. Can smell the lemon in the most mature short one but no pine yet. I'm really hoping they get that pine thing going on from the sativa mom. Would be great for some special Christmas meds.

if anyone wanted to know what the leaves of a sativa look like,those would be a great example..i've got to get a batch of some indica done before i can do some long stain sativa's.got to be sure i'll have meds.to be able to take them to full maturity(20wks).sshxlemonthai,and some blue hen crosses which i have no experence with..i love trying to grow new strains and the varity they provide...anyway get these locked down then share..lol..nice growin bud...lol,,zzb

if anyone wanted to know what the leaves of a sativa look like,those would be a great example..i've got to get a batch of some indica done before i can do some long stain sativa's.got to be sure i'll have meds.to be able to take them to full maturity(20wks).sshxlemonthai,and some blue hen crosses which i have no experence with..i love trying to grow new strains and the varity they provide...anyway get these locked down then share..lol..nice growin bud...lol,,zzb

Thanks zipbanger!

I think these are going to finish sooner than 20 weeks ;). They are growing very fast and the 2 real nice ones seem to have stopped stretching and started filling in. One is filling in faster and she is the one I have my eye on. When you think about it, it's not really bad to get 1 real nice plant from less than 10 seeds. There is a little variance and 1 was quite stretchy but not bad when you think about the hybrid vigor that's going on. Who knows which one will have the best medicine though? I cloned the 3 that didn't stretch bad just in case :). The 2 "medium sized" plants look like they will finish around 3.5-4 feet tall. The colas are filling in quickly right now. The longer these grow the more I like 'em. You can't cry about a 4 foot sativa from seed. New pics will be coming soon.

Took some more Lemon Spice pictures this morning. This one plant is just growing like gang busters,. You can see the difference in the second pic, the plant behind the front plant is smaller in the flower dept. Of course size doesn't matter? Anyway, sure is fun watching these girls grow!

lemon-spice-34%20days-closeup.jpg

lemon-spice-34%20days.jpg

Archived