Lemon Spice

tricloud

Hey thanks again zipbanger and rockinlespaul!

I went out to the grow room last night and these Lemon Spice girls are already starting to get some smell. It's fantastic and that Apollo13 soft lemon scent is right there. I'm pretty stoked but gonna have to calm down because it's going to be a little while before harvest.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like we'll be working further into the "Lemon Spice" cross before making a release. This cross is currently kicking out too many variables.

Right now only one female plant from 4 has exhibited the combination lemon-pine aroma/flavor we're looking for. The flavor is obviously one of the reasons we made this cross so we plan to stay with game plan. Sometimes good things take a little time......

The 3 plants that don't exhibit the lemon/pine flavor/smell combination currently have a nutty bananna fruity kind of smell. I have a feeling the smell will continue to change throughout the grow though. It will be very interesting to see how this side of the cross plays out....

Here is another picture of "Lemon Spice F1" at 43 days in the flower room:

lemon-spice-43-days-closeup.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Lemon Spice plants are filling in and looking nice. There seems to be 2 basic aroma's. The plants either have this very interesting banana fruit petroleum (WD-40) smell or the spicy smell. The 2 in this pic are banana smelling plants. This isn't what we were shooting for but sometimes you find interesting combination's you never dreamed of. They may be worthy of pursuing but it's gonna be a little while before we know for sure.

The third pic down in this post is the same plant that is in the pic in the post just previous to this one. It was the stretchiest plant of the bunch but it never stretched out of control. I like the smell and bud structure of this plant best out of the small population we have seen so far.

1 plant is definitely exhibiting a lemon spice smell but a little more spicy than what we were looking for. Of course we still need to test her before we make any final decisions about that.

lemon-spice-54-days-bigplant.jpg

lemon-spice-54-days-closeup-bigplant.jpg

lemon-spice-54-days-closeup-tallplant.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lemon Spice Update. We took down the short one that had the lemon/spice smell last week. The bud hasn't cured yet but I couldn't resist. Yesterday morning thought we'd try a little flower to see how the effect was going to be.

It wasn't surprising that she was potent but what was surprising is how narcotic the effect is. This super thin leafed sativa dominate looking plant has some serious knock down power. I thought maybe it was me but my wife got the same result.

The flavor was nice and actually pretty smooth for having no cure time.

I'm hoping the rest of the plants don't have such a narcotic effect. Here is the tall one again at 65 days and she's getting close. Looks like she may finish at 10 weeks or close to it.

lemon-spice-65-days-closeup-tallplant.jpg

Lemon Spice Update. We took down the short one that had the lemon/spice smell last week. The bud hasn't cured yet but I couldn't resist. Yesterday morning thought we'd try a little flower to see how the effect was going to be.

It wasn't surprising that she was potent but what was surprising is how narcotic the effect is. This super thin leafed sativa dominate looking plant has some serious knock down power. I thought maybe it was me but my wife got the same result.

The flavor was nice and actually pretty smooth for having no cure time.

I'm hoping the rest of the plants don't have such a narcotic effect. Here is the tall one again at 65 days and she's getting close. Looks like she may finish at 10 weeks or close to it.

lemon-spice-65-days-closeup-tallplant.jpg

So are you saying it may be too much couchlock on your rear? I don't appreciate those unless at night last thing before bed. This past month, at night it would have come in handy to help with pain/sleep issues. It sure sounds wonderful, TriC! I can almost smell it now...

Thanks bubblegrower and Bisharoo.

The flavor on the one we harvested tasted like it smelled but a little smoother than I was expecting. It tastes like lemons with a hint of pine & some kind of spice. It reminds me of Christmas and makes me feel about as tired as Christmas too lol. Tastes very much like the original mother plant but smoother. So yes I think it would become quite flavorful once cured.

The other 3 plants don't have the same smell at all. I've never smelled any weed that even resembles it. Soft lemon undertones with a strange banana fruit overtone.

Maybe that smell is a trait that the sativa dominate effect plants get lol. Either way it's not looking very consistent for an F1 and is going to need some work getting it that way. If there are plants that provide a sativa dominate effect that are as potent as the narcotic one it may be worth pursuing. Other than that I'm not certain that we will be moving forward with this one. Never know though, some people might appreciate a narcotic effect from a nice zesty tasting plant. It wouldn't be very practical though, you would get a better yield from a good indica dominate plant.

keep some beans no matter what you decide though :) please :)

lemondick

has a ring to it :)

Oh yeah, I have a bunch of these seeds. I usually make extra just in case the plan actually comes together lol! I don't find it easy to toss seeds so there will be some around. And ya never know the banana smelling pheno might actually come out nice.

It looks like we'll be working further into the "Lemon Spice" cross before making a release. This cross is currently kicking out too many variables.

That is why when Tricloud speak about genetics, i listen. he takes his tim, and does it right! You'll always get 'truth in advertising' that way.

You might have been a tad harsh with the beaver there, Tricloud. Those flowers looked lovely. But, i am glad your attention to the details won't sidetrack the trueness of your strains! Keep up the good work!

Hello zipbanger,

The seeds came from a cross I recently made. This is the first time these have ever been grown out which is necessary before I can release 'em. I don't think it will go 12 weeks but I don't think we'll be seeing any 50 day plants either. Ya never know though. Both A13 and the Lemon Jam (the parent plants) are delicious and covered with trichomes.

They started to preflower this morning but I can't tell what they are until I look at them with my reading glasses now days. Maybe this evening when the lights come back on they'll all be showing when I look at 'em with my readers on lol.

4 days in the flower room and showing already is a good sign that the a13 brought some earliness to the table but only time can tell.

I'll keep the pics coming.

okay they have good parents...but onto the meat of the matter

[1]what do you think the potency(THC CONTENT) will be?

[2]how long will the buzz last?

[3]flavor?

[4]type of buzz?

all very important traits on your way to the CUP

and fame for Michigan ;)

Archived