Cannatonic Or Resin Seeds

1337Gr33n

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High Times OCT. strain of the Month p.102 6.9% CBD 6.2% THC 55/45 sat/ind MK ULtra female X G13 Haze male. Hightimes article says the growing pattern & shape are closer to sativa and the yields & flowering time of an indica. Pain relief, muscle relaxation for spasms and anxiety are among its healing properties.

Never heard of that co. , but haven't heard of many others either. (except old skool shops).

• 1 month later...

I hope all the hype about this it true....I'll be starting this strain in 3 weeks as one of my patients asked for it. I got a couple extra seeds for myself as well. I like to test the plant first to see how it grows and how much she strecthes in flower, then I have some kind of ideal what to expect when his go in. I too am in pain 24/7 so if it kills just half the pain it would be a sweet bonus. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Put a couple into germ on Sunday morning, had 3/4" tap root on Monday afternoon so I put them in the cubes and today all have popped up and opened. I hope the girls grow and bud as fast as they germed.

are you going to keep a mother around of the cannatonic??? if so i would love to get a clipping or two after the new year

• 2 weeks later...

Five of us from the Brighton area got together and ordered 10 seeds in Oct. Growing 2 seeds each. 7 have survived so far. For a more detailed analysis go to, Brighton Club, http://brightoncompassion.ning.com/forum/topics/cannatonic-grow-discussion

These are my two at 21 days from seed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmz7iQmClYU

MK Ultra x G13 Haze cross. Three weeks from seed. Fluorescent lights only so far. 6 inch pot. 9 to 10 inches, plant size. Organic Miracle Grow soil w/perlite, blood meal, bone meal & dol.lime. No fert added yet.

I am notorious for not rushing into flower. Slow and meticulous....and old. Sometimes I think I'm waiting for the plant to tell me, "It's time."

Because this is a group effort, I might be forced to do it earlier.

I topped one, and left the other as is. We'll see.

At what height are you going to throw 'em in 12/12? I'll probably go with 12-15". Is there a recommended height to flower? I have the TY edition with the Cannatonic article..maybe its in there.

At what height are you going to throw 'em in 12/12? I'll probably go with 12-15". Is there a recommended height to flower? I have the TY edition with the Cannatonic article..maybe its in there.

I usually don't go by height or looks, especially with reg. seeds. I always seem to get more males if I'm impatient. I like to wait at least 6 weeks. I suppose it doesn't matter if we all didn't flower at the same time. It might be better if someone started earlier, someone else mid and someone late, just to see the result.May take 8 weeks for the runt to get to 15" :unsure:<_<:mellow::rolleyes:

As some of you probably know, Big Pharma is jumping on the med mar bandwagon in a more serious way (more than Marinol) with the new product called Sativex. Sativex is a mouth spray approved for use in the UK but not anywhere near being approved in the USA (needless to say).

Sativex is the only manufactured product claiming this 1:1 ratio between THC and CBD. The problem with Sativex, besides being not able to get it in a third world country like the USA(yes that's what we are becoming when it comes to science), is the cost. About $4500 a year if you used the max. amount daily for pain.

That is why plants like cannatonic, are important. A low cost alternative to more Big Pharma overpriced products.

Because cannatonic has a lower than average level of THC (6-7%) compared to other strong hybrids (15-20%), it would in most cases be set aside. But because it has this super high CBD level (6-7%) compared to most other strains which usually fall in the .5 to 2% range, it has potential to be a significant medical strain.

We are on the brink of new developments in Medical Marijuana products.

If Sativex works well for many pain patients it will change the landscape.

The question to answer in the future will be:

--Can natural plants like cannatonic compete with products like Sativex in effectiveness?

--Will Sativex work so well and become so cheap later on, that it will make growing marijuana at home for medicine obsolete? In which case I'm guessing that Medical Marijuana home grow laws like ours will also become obsolete.

--What if Sativex and plants like cannatonic are so effective, because the real formula for pain management is this 1:1 ratio THC to CBD?

--What if a plant with 7% CBD and 7% THC is better than your White Widow (at 22% THC)at fighting pain? Would you give up your White Widow pain fighting "HIGH" for a better pain fighting plant that did not get you very stoned but relieved pain better?

This is one of the next big things to happen in medical marijuana, because it has huge political ramifications. Will Sativex destroy home grown medical marijuana as we know it?

If cannatonic and like plants are better at fighting pain and other ailments than the newer maxed out THC plants like Widow, we may see a split in the Med Mar community or we may see every legitimate patient moving over to strains like cannatonic and the people who just want that super duper stone high sticking with the Widow and like.

Archived