Scared

I am nervouse.. just found out that I need even more of a complicated surgery on my already tore up right leg. I need a rod put in and a fusion of the lower joint. its a 4-8 hr surgery and I am scared. I just want to be painless so hopefully this is the right track. I have 4 months to sit and worry.. wtf am I am gonna do?

Come spend your time with us. We are a family of the sick. You will be fine! Worrying will only make you sicker. Welcome home, Bb

I know worrying is the worst I could do.. and I am trying not to.. my brain just keeps focusing on this.. and its really hard to steer from.

I know worrying is the worst I could do.. and I am trying not to.. my brain just keeps focusing on this.. and its really hard to steer from.

Try meditation start by focusing on something that makes you feel good puppies clouds peanut butter cups you get it anything you like.Start by sitting or laying ,begin at your toes and start telling YOUR BODY to relax .Remember it's your body make it do what you wan't Once relaxed let your thoughts go to a place you love or an event in your life you find special Feel the love and happiness,let those feelings fill your body and spitrt push away negative thoughts as they come and replace them with your goood thoughts The more you do this the easier it gets and better it works alrighty then peace and love almost a sufi wolfman

Caramella,

I know that fear of the unknown. After waking from a three month coma to find out I had broke my neck, the what now's hit hard. Take it one day at a time. I also found that talking family, friends, and sometime a complete stranger can help. In the mean time concentrate on strengthening your muscles the best you can to prepare yourself for your surgery and rehab. It will not be a easy time thats for sure but keep your head up. My thoughts are with you. PM me if you need a stranger to vent to I'll gladly listen.

LITLJON

Guest drcanna-pest

I know you are having a hard time focusing...and this is a long time away. Please be careful with the pain meds your Dr. will give you. Good luck to you.

Talking is my thing.. I like to talk things out. That is why I am here partially.. to gain support and hopefully make some new friends. I know it is a long time away but time makes me worry more. I won't abuse my pain meds.. been there.. done that.. I am careful now. With such a long procedure I am afraid of losing blood or whatever else could happen. Should I donate my own blood incase I need a transfusion? I have rare blood B-.. I think I should personally. Thanks for listening and understanding you guys.

Caramella,

I know that fear of the unknown. After waking from a three month coma to find out I had broke my neck, the what now's hit hard. Take it one day at a time. I also found that talking family, friends, and sometime a complete stranger can help. In the mean time concentrate on strengthening your muscles the best you can to prepare yourself for your surgery and rehab. It will not be a easy time thats for sure but keep your head up. My thoughts are with you. PM me if you need a stranger to vent to I'll gladly listen.

LITLJON

+Rep for being supportive, understanding, and just plain cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Talking is my thing.. I like to talk things out. That is why I am here partially.. to gain support and hopefully make some new friends. I know it is a long time away but time makes me worry more. I won't abuse my pain meds.. been there.. done that.. I am careful now. With such a long procedure I am afraid of losing blood or whatever else could happen. Should I donate my own blood incase I need a transfusion? I have rare blood B-.. I think I should personally. Thanks for listening and understanding you guys.

Caramella,

Hello again. I think you should as well(give your own blood). It definitely would give me a more secure feeling especially with your rare blood type. If you don't need it (and you will not) maybe it could be used for someone who does. Two good feelings from one task.

LITLJON

I have found the Buddhist style of meditation works best for me. I have tried others but in the end the simplicity of the Buddhist style works best. Jack Kornfield has some pretty good beginner CD's. Jacks home page

I know an atheist that meditates. I find the practice non religious and teaches one to calm ones mind.

There are also some very good books on Buddhist 'Mindfulness' techniques that help explain the process.

As '420' said, they 'do' work, I've used them for years and know many other people that do also.

Remember, your mind runs every thing about you.

I also have to ask, if Carmella has gotten some second opinions on what she needs to have done surgically?

You know, you go to a barber for a hair cut and to a surgeon for surgery... what you go looking for is exactly what you get!.

Best wishes, Carmella.

I find it more difficult to quiet my mind while medicated for the Buddhist style but medicating before what I would term visualization type of meditation works great. Meditations where you visualize opening chakras or visiting a shaman tree of life are what I am talking about. When guided by someone who was really good at it I came out of it wondering if it really happened or if it was just in my mind. And that was completely without medication.

I find it more difficult to quiet my mind while medicated for the Buddhist style but medicating before what I would term visualization type of meditation works great. Meditations where you visualize opening chakras or visiting a shaman tree of life are what I am talking about. When guided by someone who was really good at it I came out of it wondering if it really happened or if it was just in my mind. And that was completely without medication.

Done both types of meditations... but the 'mindfulness' stuff you can do with your eyes open and still be doing other things.

Both types of meditations have their uses. BOTH can be used to reduce stress and anxiety.

But in the end it is really all about what you set your mind to... with either method.

And from personal experience I know first hand just 'why' sadhus and the old Druids liked trees.

There are more 'energy spectrums' available to us than we are normally aware of.

That is why many cultures have used cannabis and other substances for meditation purposes for centuries to help move the mind beyond its 'normal' everyday limits.

Life is about exploration... both internally AND externally.

Have a good trip!

• 2 weeks later...

There are also some very good books on Buddhist 'Mindfulness' techniques that help explain the process.

As '420' said, they 'do' work, I've used them for years and know many other people that do also.

Remember, your mind runs every thing about you.

I also have to ask, if Carmella has gotten some second opinions on what she needs to have done surgically?

You know, you go to a barber for a hair cut and to a surgeon for surgery... what you go looking for is exactly what you get!.

Best wishes, Carmella.

This doctor will be my 3rd opinion and he is by far the best. He knows my previous surgeon, has an excellent track record and found my leg deformity, which none have been able to before, so I am confident in this man. On one side of the fence I am happy that I am getting this done, but on the other hand I am scared, but at the same time I know it will all be good and it will benefit me eventually. I have been up and down the last week or so and I am trying to battle this anxiety about everything.. I am pleased to report that I have gotten it under control and have started to explore meditating.

I appreciate all the support and advice that I have gotten from everyone. I go for tonsil/adenoid surgery next week on Thursday so right now I am focused on that, but all of this stuff is going to make me better in the end. My mind is at ease and I am smiling more. Everyone has their ups and downs.. it happens to the best of us right?

Archived