Thc/cbd Potency Testing

thcurious

Are the home kits accurate? Dont you think that accurate potency testing would be benificial to patients to medicate and also dispensaries to market??

home kits accurate? no idea. ive never compared my results to a government testing machine

accurate testing beneficial? thats personal opinion. and mine has zero bearing in this world :)

dispensary's should be under STRICT regulations.

some disps. in california (before the knockdown) put themselves under these regulations, took great pride in it, and advertised it.

i have never been to a dispensary in Michigan. nor do i think i will ever purchase anything from one. not saying anything bad. i just do not have the need to purchase what i create myself.

with that being said, if you hold medical cannabis on such a high platform, then show it off.

i dont get to see my over-the-counter medicine under a 100x microscope before i buy it. i dont get to tour the factory where it was made either. there are "government regulations" on these medicine producing companies and therefore i am directed by my government to just trust that my aspirin was created under regulated and mandated conditions and therefore it is safe.

there are no such regulations on medical cannabis in this state. you going to get a walk-through of the grow room that your meds came from? hell no.

maybe they do it around here?? i wouldnt know....................

but do you see 100x pics of your meds before you purchase them from a dispensary?? do you see even home-style numbers from DIY kits on the THC content?

just because The Attitude Seedbank says it has 21% THC doesnt mean that same strain you are buying at the local dispensary has 21%.

hell it could very well be the same strain, grown poorly, with 9% THC and spidermites with a random cat hair.

dont get me wrong.......... some (most) people do not care about mites or cat hair. if you have ever smoked mexican brick-weed you have smoked MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worse.

including ammonia, alcohol, pesticides, and tons of other bad stuff way worse than a cat hair or a few mites.

believe that.

but this is medicinal grade cannabis. there are regulations that good growers put on themselves.

and if you advertise it, you better have it.

there's a place in the UP, i cant remember the name if i find it i'll post it up

the guy was at a 1/4 meeting for upnorml in march/april.

all ya gotta do is fed-ex (all legal,he's got the forms and everything) it up to him (i think like a gram) and then they test it. they can tell thc,strain,just about anything.

it's cool cause if ya breed you can make your own 3 times and send it up there each time and after the 3rd time it will be your strain and you can name it and everything!

i'll have to see if i can find there site.

Interesting stuff, I think this is a great concept. With a service like this the overall legitimacy of the industry is going to be solidified. The only thing I am unclear on is how they are going to be able to tell you what specific strain you have, but I will just continue to read. Thanks for the input and links everyone

Guest drcanna-pest

I think this is very interesting and would be a great service. I was looking into the Canna-tonic strain which has a lower THC level of 10% but a CBD level of 10% as well. Supposed to be very very good as a narcotic type pain reliever. If I end up growing some I would really like to find out the result. Thank you for the website info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Steve Webber, my facilitator in Traverse City, does an excellent job with gas chromatography testing and is an excellent source of knowledge in all aspects of testing. He knows far more about it than I do. His number is 231-887-9906. Very well respected and trained.

Dr. Bob

Steve Webber, my facilitator in Traverse City, does an excellent job with gas chromatography testing and is an excellent source of knowledge in all aspects of testing. He knows far more about it than I do. His number is 231-887-9906. Very well respected and trained.

Dr. Bob

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dr. Bob. Our testing facility (Herbal Elements Inc.) has been operating in Traverse City since Jan. We operate statewide with a courier system available for downstate accounts and offer some of lowest testing rates in the country. More info can also be obtained by calling toll free (855-519-9469) Monday thru Saturday 10am to 5pm.

Thanks

Steve

PS......very close to offering additional cannabinoid profiles on THCV, CBC, and CBG, as well as, pesticide and mold screening.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dr. Bob. Our testing facility (Herbal Elements Inc.) has been operating in Traverse City since Jan. We operate statewide with a courier system available for downstate accounts and offer some of lowest testing rates in the country. More info can also be obtained by calling toll free (855-519-9469) Monday thru Saturday 10am to 5pm.

Thanks

Steve

PS......very close to offering additional cannabinoid profiles on THCV, CBC, and CBG, as well as, pesticide and mold screening.

I want that shinny quarter you promised me Steve....

Archived