Veg Lighting Question

jonh420

Guest drcanna-pest

18 hrs light 6 hrs dark or 24 hrs light for veg,what is best i am using bubblebuckets right now they are 0n 24 hrs and doing fine but i was wondering if a dark period would be better

John i can give you a few ideas but there are a LOT of theories. Hopefully we will get some other posts to help us out. In my experience 24hrs works great if you use and dont abuse good nutrients. Especially Humboldt Roots. The dark period in a cannabis plants life really helps create lots of strong roots. However I veg now on 24 hrs and I've grown many many ways for 15 years now. DO NOT SWITCH in the middle of the veg from 24 to 18...if you use a T5 or CFL or pretty much any light...the plants will trigger to flower. Most strains of cannabis get confused and think its time to flower when you do that. My crops are doing very well under 24. Lush, growing fast, and healthy. Keep a fan on them to make strong stems. Hope all this helps - good luck bro.

18 hrs light 6 hrs dark or 24 hrs light for veg,what is best i am using bubblebuckets right now they are 0n 24 hrs and doing fine but i was wondering if a dark period would be better

there is no right or wrong IMO.

i have done both. personally, i think with some/most strains, you will have slightly better and more dense results with the 24/7/all/day/everyday...................

but i have seen times when a few hours of dark to let the plant concentrate on growth instead of light intake will seem to help.

most of my veg rooms run 24hrs a day. occasionally (as in my grow journal at the moment) i have something totally extra set up and i will shut the lights down for 6 hours a day just to save some electricity or lower the heat for a few hours so everything returns to "normal". it adds up :)

but 24 on is what i recommend.

let me make an edit :)

if you are vegging with HID's i would consider a 6 hour off period to conserve energy and let things cool down.

if i vegged under cfl, T5 it would no-doubt be 24hrs a day all day everyday vegging.

agreed. these lights will run up your power bill right QUICK if you have them running 24/7. side by side comparisons might show a plant under 24 becomes slightly more developed in the same time period as a plant on 18/6, but is it worth it?

Archived