Trimmings

Maybe I am missing the point, i am actually talking about the leaves. I have a pt that is wanting me to experiment with some butter and other cooking(i have never done this before)so i want to take it slow. but i dont want the leaves to get dry and brittle. so i just dont know how to preserve them. he also wants me to make some hash but i told him one thing at a time. this time cooking, next time hash.

Guest drcanna-pest

the leaves really don't contain much THC. most of the butter made with leaves doesn't get many people medicated. Neither does the hash. You really need to save just the "candy trim" the leaves very close to the bud and the small buds from trimming. pic book is right...make the leaves compost. use the candy trim and small buds to make canna-butter and hash. that way it is quality....

okay, that makes more sense. every one was telling me the leaves,so i was saving everying thing. all the sugar leaves (the ones the size of a my hand and so forth) but now I know what you are talking about. so i can just dry them like i dry all my other stuff then, huh.

Save every leaf that comes off the plant and throw them into a bucket until they are dry, then bag them up and throw into the freezer till you use it. You can run it all through bubble bags to make hash. True, it will not be as potent as Hash made from the Harvested Buds, but it will def be better that most hash found on the street. You can also make some very good CannaButter with the leaf as well, it just takes more. When making CannaButter with Buds, use 1 Oz per pound of butter. When using leaf, you need to use 4-6 ounces per pound of butter, depending on ratio of fan/sugar leaves. With that much material, it is best to use the Crock Pot and water recipe to keep the leaf from burning on the bottom of pan. I have had best success cooking it for 8 or more hours, stirring every 30-60 minutes.

I Smoke Buds, cook/hash Leaves.... Its easy to make a few pounds of Excellent CannaButter every Harvest. It has become my Favorite way to Medicate! Ingesting your Meds has been proven to be very healthy for you.

Good Luck! I hope you try it!

the leaves really don't contain much THC. most of the butter made with leaves doesn't get many people medicated. Neither does the hash. You really need to save just the "candy trim" the leaves very close to the bud and the small buds from trimming. pic book is right...make the leaves compost. use the candy trim and small buds to make canna-butter and hash. that way it is quality....

Correction, the leaves don't get many people "high" because of the low THC content, but the leaves get people medicated every day. The leaves contain a higher percentage of CBD among other cannabinoids that THC, making them just as valuable as the colas. Not monetary value, medicinal value.

CBD ingested in parallel has been shown to reduce or meter the anxiety causing effects of THC alone. CBD also KILLS CANCER, so does THC to it's credit. Well not exactly kill, but it provides the body with a vital component required for a return to normalcy for an improperly functioning biological system.

Correction, the leaves don't get many people "high" because of the low THC content, but the leaves get people medicated every day. The leaves contain a higher percentage of CBD among other cannabinoids that THC, making them just as valuable as the colas. Not monetary value, medicinal value.

CBD ingested in parallel has been shown to reduce or meter the anxiety causing effects of THC alone. CBD also KILLS CANCER, so does THC to it's credit. Well not exactly kill, but it provides the body with a vital component required for a return to normalcy for an improperly functioning biological system.

1. Some chefs use wet marijuana - they toss it in the freezer - then use it to make cannabutter/cannaoil. Most work just fine with dried trim left in paperbags. They do prefer you label them by strain or at least indica/sativa.

2. Leaves - the Sun leaves with no trichromes could be use in capsules, for its CBD content. But trim is more of the leaves with trichromes on it, that was close to the buds. The trim is harvested of those trichromes for hash, tinctures, and medibles. They try to limit the use of large sun leaves to prevent their medible, tincture, or hash tasting green or leafy.

3. Trim that is dried can be used for all preparations. Wet Marijuana maynot be ideal for hash making as you are only trying to remove the trichromes from the plant material - not juice it.

Its all experimentation - you learn as you grow.

-DN

i am curious what is the best way to save my extra trimming for a use at a later date so they dont go bad.

freeze em and use them for bubble hash. You usually get a 10% return on weight which is great coincidering we all used to just throw it out...

:sword:

Well I am amazed. I think you guys have pointed me the way to take back up with supplying the 5 poor people I cut loose yesterday--give away the leaves for them to make bubble hash to medicate themselves. It seems legal since the law does not count as weight in the 2.5 ounces stems, roots or leaves. I have no idea how to do it nor would I want to do it myself--I'm a grower not any kind of a chef but the motivated poor ones will do it--could one of you post the complete materials needed and a recipe?

Well I am amazed. I think you guys have pointed me the way to take back up with supplying the 5 poor people I cut loose yesterday--give away the leaves for them to make bubble hash to medicate themselves. It seems legal since the law does not count as weight in the 2.5 ounces stems, roots or leaves. I have no idea how to do it nor would I want to do it myself--I'm a grower not any kind of a chef but the motivated poor ones will do it--could one of you post the complete materials needed and a recipe?

trim is usable material and counts toward your 2.5 ounces in your possession.

Making bubble hash is not at the level for many patients, you might as well make cannabutter and make medibles.

-DN

Archived