Do I Need To Worry About Being Robbed?

Hey Fellow Patients,

First, I am a medical patient. Second, I have bright lights coming from my basement window from my saltwater aquarium. Its really a bright blue that you can clearly see driving down my street. I've never worried about it since it looks like a really bright black light that is obviously the wrong spectrum, but you never know...

So why am I so worried? Two slime balls were snooping around my parents house (I live with my parents) and eventually walked up to the front door and asked if a car was for sale in my driveway. They initially said they were one street over looking at a car and it wasn't for sale. Then they said they were trying to find a car for their mother. Later in the conversation they said they were looking for a car for their sister. I also found it wierd that they were in my neighborhood looking for used cars. My parents live in a pretty nice area that really doesn't attract the type of people that go door to door looking for used cars. The two guys did get a pretty good look at my 90 pound pit bull though. I regret not walking outside with my glock on my hip.

Should I be worried or am I just paranoid?

Thanks,

James

I would be EXTREMELY cautious!

Especially the phony story about the car.

We were broken into last month. The police said when people "case" a house they will come to the door, and knock. If you answer they will come up with a stupid but plausible question, and then leave.

If they saw something they want, they will come back.

If they were desperate that that moment, they moved on.

Either way..............Be VERY careful!

i would def be worried buddy first off i would invest about 25-50ft of white black poly with the black side facing to the outside and white inside this will block out all unwanted sunlight from outside and keep in all light that u dont want any one to seeinside it reflects great the stuff only cost $1 perft or aboout 65$ per 100 ft you prob dont need much if its just the small glass block windows i would double up on the poly and staple gun them and u shouldnt have any problems also maybe a security system of sum sort cameras etc things are getting cheaper these days if not lock up tight and u should be good hope this helps gl m8

I would write down every thing I could remember about the encounter. How tall, clothes, shoes, eye color, names, did they drive a car and what make, model, color was it. Next is i would cover that window so the lite is not visible. 2nd i would post a no trespassing sign, and let the neighbors know about these folks. They may have been looking for houses to rob, or looking for a car to buy. But be careful, purchasing an camera w/ a motion sensor to record your drive way. I hope this helps

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad I wasn't being over paranoid. I always thought that it would be obvious to someone that it is a fish tank, but now I'm very worried. I'm going to block out the windows to prevent any light from escaping. All it takes is for the wrong guy to drive down my street to get the idea to break in my house. What made me even more suspicious was their story. I think I will be in contact with LEO just to give them a description of the vehicle (older model jeep cherokee - red).

The no tresspassing sign is also a good idea. We do have a camera in front of our house with motion sensors. I will also let our neighbors know to keep an eye out for suspicious characters.

Thanks again for your comments!

Warmest Regards,

James

I think I will be in contact with LEO just to give them a description of the vehicle (older model jeep cherokee - red).

James

This not only helps you but the next person that these people prey on. You can't be overly cautious. And when it comes to your family? Shoot first. j/k about that.

But really Shoot...

This not only helps you but the next person that these people prey on. You can't be overly cautious. And when it comes to your family? Shoot first. j/k about that.

But really Shoot...

I would absolutely shoot... Until the clip is empty. One less team of predators on the street.

I also was just driving around my neighborhood. Now that I'm on high alert, it should benefit all of my neighbors.

Warmest Regards,

James

I would absolutely shoot... Until the clip is empty. One less team of predators on the street.

I also was just driving around my neighborhood. Now that I'm on high alert, it should benefit all of my neighbors.

Warmest Regards,

James

Actually you shoot, change location, then look to shoot again. Never wanna just unload all your ammo. Happy hunting...

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad I wasn't being over paranoid. I always thought that it would be obvious to someone that it is a fish tank, but now I'm very worried. I'm going to block out the windows to prevent any light from escaping. All it takes is for the wrong guy to drive down my street to get the idea to break in my house. What made me even more suspicious was their story. I think I will be in contact with LEO just to give them a description of the vehicle (older model jeep cherokee - red).

The no tresspassing sign is also a good idea. We do have a camera in front of our house with motion sensors. I will also let our neighbors know to keep an eye out for suspicious characters.

Thanks again for your comments!

Warmest Regards,

James

If you do have a camera system in front I would save the video of when they came by too.

I'll tell you this - since I've been a CG, I live and breathe cannabis. I look for evidence of cannabis everywhere I go. I'm obsessed. There is a house down the street from me I noticed in the summer of 2009. Upstairs at night you see the castings of HPS light through a bedroom window. It looks like there is an HPS light hung in a closet, and the visible light is cascading out the bedroom window. From a basement window, you can see the blue MH light. It is obvious to a grower that someone is growing in that house. Last year when I went trick-or-treating with my kids I saw 2 houses with a couple of stray hydroton pebbles outside. There are a few subtle clues we growers notice, and they stand out like crazy. If I saw a crisp, blue, 10,000 kelvin sort of spectrum coming from your basement every night, I'd assume you were growing weed. Odds are, you would be. Sounds like you are one of the few who look like he is but isn't. Good luck. Really, who goes door-to-door asking about cars for sale? Something is up.

buckshot will clear a six foot path at thirty feet.. also if you have a Menard's near you they have a sale on security camera's and motion alarms from $5-$169 this week..your dog will probably the first to let you know if something strange is going on outside.we let our dog bark at anyone that steps in my yard, she will bark until my wife or i tell her it is ok.i have family member who bought a pitt and every time someone would come around he would scald the dog for barking, one nite someone came and stole his sons four wheeler.the dog never barked and they never found the thief.....always be prepared...

Archived