Should I Tell The Cops That Im A Care Giver?

nate

im a care giver and i know of a couple caregivers that got raded be couse someone call the silent abserver they didnt get in troble or nothing but i have kids and i dont want them storming my house and scaring the bunny muffin out of my kids so is it stupid to tell them or is it ok to tell them let me know your thoughts and u can pm me if u want thanks

First I would find out the local attitude of local leo towards medical marijuana. (Compassion clubs) 2nd i would never, ever, voluntarily tell leo that I was a caregiver. Calling them up will put you on their radar. I would make sure that my grow-room is properly secure, that i have copies of the law and all patients info on the outside door of the grow room. Tape a folder to the door. I would also look into having a lawyer on retainer, making sure that my lawyer had copies of all applications and cards. I would also look into child protective services, try to find out what is your counties s.o.p. on marijuana patients and caregivers. Watch the never get busted vids on youtube by Gary Cooper, lots of good info for growing. I would also check out http://flexyourrights.org/. I would also tell no one what you are growing in your house, if you have told someone in your family or friends, I would recant and tell those individuals that you are no longer into that. Also keep it legal, follow the letter of the law, there are some great vids out there on the internet. I hope this helps, but never, never, never, call leo and say hey I am a legal caregiver please dont arrest me. Because they will arrest you while they search your house. Also check out forfeiture laws, they are scary and against you from the get go. I would keep it legal and lay low. Also leo does profile, do you have greatful dead stickers on your car, if you look like a stonier your a stonier, if you look like a square your a square. I always try my best to look like a square. I hope this helps.

Yes tell leo everything then get a big sign like the pizza guys for the roofs of your vehicle that says "im a drug dealer" .

But seriously as long as your legal and not breaking the law silence is golden one more thing tell no one of your status outside of people who would die for you and keep your garden a close secret tell your kids as well mums the word. :thumbsu:

Not having a crystal ball I would say it could go either way. If you tell you risk harassment. If you don't you risk a traumatic unnecessary raid. In either case I would not want to be the first person in my city/township to come forward.

Let's try to asses the risk. Once the other two growers you mentioned were outed did they get further harassment from police? How secret is your grow? Is it likely your grow will be called into silent observer or someone you know turn you in to save their own skin? If it is highly likely that someone will turn you in then you might as well tell the police. If no one knows but you and your wife then you would have no risk of a raid and no reason to tell.

Of course it goes without saying the best policy is to tell no one and no one can tell.

I have considered telling once I start growing and risk it,, seems that way they could come check you out and see that you are legit. They would then not have a reason to come unless you did something illegal which is why I think most raids happen. Someone did something wrong to trigger the check up.

I wouldn't tell a soul.....It's too bad when your following the law and have to worry about Leo terrorizing you and your family also people in general like to run at the mouth to make themselves feel important(i know so and so grows).I have had "friends" who i thought i could trust,but get mad at you and start running the mouth to get even..

one more thing popped into my head is alarm systems,if your not home and a false alarm goes off,or power outages trigger false alarms ...bingo cops at your house nosing around asking questions...too bad we have to be so careful when we are doing nothing wrong...peace....

I have decided not to do this.

The odds of it leading to a hassle are greater than if you just carry quietly on with your card safely in your pocket. . IMHO

That is a good call. I think each person has to weigh the risk. If you know it is inevitable that your ex or someone else who is mad at you is going to tell then you have nothing to lose by coming forward first.

The good thing you have going for you is that others in your area who have been raided were let go once they showed their cards.

Archived