Dropping A Patient

SublimeWind

Hi all,

I'm in the terriblee position where I must consider removing a patient from my care...

I've found out some things that said patient has done, that puts us both in jeperdy and I'm not goin out like that.. I am ready to consider cutting it off..

This is not an easy decision, i need advice..

Thank you

Im not sure , But is it possible to have a Talk w/ your Patient ?

and explain to them your concerns ?

Maybe calling a few of your close Friends

and discussing your problem w/ them ?

W/out know the full details is hard to offer advice ,

Plus the details may Not be suitable for Public Chat ...

Sublime,

Once you had indication what he was doing with the meds you supplied you had no choice but to drop him; if you don't, you are not being compassionate to your other patients and to your family. Yes, it hurts, but either way it hurts, as he is misusing your services and putting you and everything you do and stand for,in harm's way.

Sublime,

Once you had indication what he was doing with the meds you supplied you had no choice but to drop him; if you don't, you are not being compassionate to your other patients and to your family. Yes, it hurts, but either way it hurts, as he is misusing your services and putting you and everything you do and stand for,in harm's way.

exactly

Folks I'm wondering if you can further clarify the risk that patient poses to Sublime.

My inital feeling, as a caregiver myself, is that its not my concern what the patient does with the meds he/she recieves from me. I wouldn't jeopordize my responsabilities by selling to a non-patient and would advise my patients not to either. But what they do is their own choice, I just want to help them have a constant suupply of the highest quality meds. I've never thought if they might sell some to mabey their father, or best friend, etc... mabey I should.

How does it effect the caregiver if the patient were to get into legal trouble? Would it cause some investigation as to your role as a provider or just be more of a hassele if he/she lost their rights to be a patient?

Compassion must be for all of creation. There are many who don't have a "legitimate" medical need and use cannabis for spiritual/ mental/ emotional

healing and upliftment, even if they don't know it! I know the law doesnt allow them yet, but I feel compassion for these people too. Thanks.

I guess theres something to be said about how well the person will take to being dropped. Will they turn on you and tell everyone you grow? Or even make a tip to the police? Very touchy spot your in my friend. Myself it would depend on so many factors that it would be a VERY hard decision to make indeed. Be real careful what you decide and take some time before you make that final call. It might just be some simple crap like sharing with a friend or it could be worse and that person is selling to numerious people. Most of all I would share a nice joint with that person to relax the mood and then discuss your concerns with them to get it all in the open. A peaceful agreement is a better thing than a bitter break up.

Just my nickles worth.

Hope you work it out.

Peace

how it affects everyone involved with mmj, is that your patient is a drug dealer (not that i believe anyone should be arrested for smoking pot, just what he is doing is not in keeping with the mmj act), and by still supplying him/her with mj knowing he is "dealing," you are tarnishing the image of everyone involved with mmj. we need to keep or lift up the public's opinion of medical marijuana, and NOT do things that are going to make us look like a bunch of drug dealers. by selling the mj he has gotten from you, there would be question of whether he needed it at all. "are those mmj users just pulling the wool over our eyes?"

we're already fighting leo and their illegal raids, we don't need another battle.

cut 'em loose. you're implicating yourself, and you don't want leo knocking on YOUR door, when they catch your pt selling YOUR stuff. know what i mean?

we need to keep our noses clean. leo may be able to break the law and get away with it, but they're not the ones fighting to keep mmj legal, or trying to get mj legal period.

From a legal sense, and speaking strictly legally, now that you know he's passing on your meds, your continuing to sell to him constititutes conspiracy in his illegal actions. But...if being arrested and charged with conspiracy in his sales doesn't bother you, continue, in fact why not press up the volume? It's cash. Otherwise, be assured, you can find other patients who don't carry with them the same high risks to you, your peace of mind, and your family.

Folks I'm wondering if you can further clarify the risk that patient poses to Sublime.

My inital feeling, as a caregiver myself, is that its not my concern what the patient does with the meds he/she recieves from me. I wouldn't jeopordize my responsabilities by selling to a non-patient and would advise my patients not to either. But what they do is their own choice, I just want to help them have a constant suupply of the highest quality meds. I've never thought if they might sell some to mabey their father, or best friend, etc... mabey I should.

How does it effect the caregiver if the patient were to get into legal trouble? Would it cause some investigation as to your role as a provider or just be more of a hassele if he/she lost their rights to be a patient?

Very good point. In fact, it would somehow mean that caregivers are to be a policing agent for patients and vice versa. How could a nurse or doctor be prosecuted for a patient or someone they have helped, treated, or given a band aide to if that same patient is selling, giving or somehow doing something illegal with their own legally obtained Vicodin, Oxycontin, etc. Does it come down to caregivers and patients making disclaimers for each to sign stating each know the law and that the one is not responsible for what the other is doing or may do? We cannot be expected to be illegally stalking/surveillance and peeping in on other people when they leave our presence, go see Aunt Betty, have guests come to see him/her, etc. We are not expected to do that for other on goings. Why should this particular situation be any different? I would say a person who is complying with the law cannot be prosecuted for another person that is not complying with the law.

It would be the person committing the illegal activities that will be found guilty of any wrong doings. If all I do is within the boundaries of the law, I am not contributing to anything illegal. Now if it can be proven that a person had a sure knowledge of such things, that might be a very different story. If it was proven that a doctor knew his patient was selling Vicodin and kept prescribing it, the doctor would, at the very least, be dealing with his/her licensing board, I would imagine. If the doctor was getting a cut from the illegal distribution of the Vicodin, knowing what was going on, that would seem far more serious, but who knows. If one has thousands of dollars to spend on an attorney, that also plays a factor on the out come of events. Anyone able to correct and clarify things? I do not know these things for a fact.

If I knew I was profiting from such an illegal activity and could be proven as such, from another person(s) illegal activity that I was the sole reason such illegal activity was possible in the first place....could be a whole different ballgame. I would at least suspect there are repercussions in certain scenarios.

Thank you everyone..

I'm just not sure what to do.. I thought our communication and overall friendship was more than this, so it makes it harder to deal with it all..

I don't want a target on my back, but either way it's possible to have problems... Last thing I need right now is another problem..

I'm currently having problems and am not able to properly supply at this time, so what is happening is not from my supply.. I just know what is happening behind my back...

Archived