Mites And Young Plants

MED-Jack

Guest drcanna-pest

Do yourself a favor and get Mite-Rid. It is the only thing I have seen work the first time - almost everytime. Captain Jacks, Safersoap, Azamax....this is all PREVENTATIVE stuff. Mite-Rid will kill both types of mites found here in Michigan. It is only available in Rothbury, MI and Traverse City MI.

Hotshot pest strips is what you need

My first crop was infested so bad that it looked like a tattoo of bugs top to bottom on each plant i went to home depot and bought 2 and placed them in the grow space over the nextr couple of days i also sprayed them with safers house plant spray i did not lose a single plant and i keep 2 in my grow area on a constant basis.

Cheapo Charlie says there are two kinds of grow rooms in Michigan; those that have spider mites and those that are going to get them.

He suggests using variety of agents to treat his plants rather than rely one to do the trick. There are also several approaches mentioned that may involved using less than suitable agents to control mites that have unknown and possibly toxic effects when consumed by humans.

Among other things, Cheapo likes using neem oil and protekt, especially during late flowering. Neem oil can also act as a fungicide and help prevent mold at the end of the flowering cycle.

Cheapo also varies agents, using a different vector during both the vegetative and early flowering stages of growth. Among other things, he suggests considering the petroleum based organic 'Pure Spray'. It functions well to kill both live mites and their eggs. Cheapo hits his plants with Pure Spray immediately prior to placing them into his flowering area.

Other natural products to consider include Safers Soap a suffocant for live mites and perithirin (sp?), an extract from the chrysanthemum flower.

Some have suggested using floramite or hot shots among other agents. While they are very effective, there is also some uncertainty about their toxicity when consumed by humans.

I would remove all infected leaves as soon as you can. If the plants are young...you can just smash the bugs with your fingers. I would run either Azamax or Neem Oil as previously stated....foliar spray and feed it to the plants as well.

The Hot Shot Pest Strips will work as well. Those are great for stopping mites dead in there tracks. You can find them at Home Depot, Meijer, etc....

http://www.drillspot.com/products/310248/hot_shot_5580_no-pest_strip

There is a link so you know what they look like.

Remember....act now and you will be able to get a handle on things before they get out of hand. Spider mites can easily over run your whole grow in a few days. Clean, clean, clean and keep an eye on the plants.

Good luck.

Guest drcanna-pest

Well got some 2 week old plants with some mites on them.... I need to know what you would do to take care of this thanks

Depending on where you are located Mite-Rid is the best thing out there. It beats the socks off neem oil, captain jacks, azamax, safer soap....all that crap. That is all preventive maintenance stuff. Get Mite-Rid to actually kill and get rid of the spider mites. We have 2 kinds in Michigan...and most doesn't get them all. It is available in Traverse City and Rothbury, MI (as of next week). TC was the only dealer in MI for a long time.

Depending on where you are located Mite-Rid is the best thing out there. It beats the socks off neem oil, captain jacks, azamax, safer soap....all that crap. That is all preventive maintenance stuff. Get Mite-Rid to actually kill and get rid of the spider mites. We have 2 kinds in Michigan...and most doesn't get them all. It is available in Traverse City and Rothbury, MI (as of next week). TC was the only dealer in MI for a long time.

What Store is it available at hun?

Archived