Drug Bust In Barry County Sept-2010

I heard this on the radio Friday sometime in the afternoon... "Another Marijuana Bust in Barry County, Cops seized 5 plants and confiscated grow equipment... There were no Arrests, the case is on going" WBCK 95.3

So again the FUZZ is only getting the small guys and not looking out for the METH addicts, escaped convicts, absconding pervert offenders, murderers... I see a blatant attempt (by LEO) to qualify for Federal Funding for some new attack tank or battle toads.

Article...

BARRY COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – Police in Barry County say they've busted a drug house.

Tips led Barry Township Police to a house in the 11,000 block of M-43 just east of Crooked Lake near Delton.

Officers say they found a grow operation, but no one was home.

Police took five large potted plants and other grow items from the home.

The case remains under investigation.

link to article...newschannel3

Money... It's a drag

somebody's gonna get sued and pay the patient.

LEO gonna learn sooner or later LEO gonna learn

dumb dogs are hard to teach

so we need to just start the layoffs already

I think no matter who wins this fall we will see massive layoffs and personnel redeployment among the terror squads when the new admin takes over. They know it too. This stuff is the last dying shots of a desperate, pathetic enemy.

The LEOs feel they HAVE to do these types of raids to show the 'federal' people that they have a terrible CRIME PROBLEM on their hands and that they (LEOs) need MORE money given to them to stop the 'evil law breakers' in their jurisdiction.

Crank up the 'crime stats' and turn it in to the Feds and.... BINGO... you've got MORE money to pay yourself and keep the department supplied with new chase cars.

Simple math. Police work is a regular business, just like any other. Manage it properly and you can MAKE MONEY.

Another bust... another number on the stat sheet... when you get enough of them turn them in and you get paid. EASY.

Anyone can do it.

The LEOs feel they HAVE to do these types of raids to show the 'federal' people that they have a terrible CRIME PROBLEM on their hands and that they (LEOs) need MORE money given to them to stop the 'evil law breakers' in their jurisdiction.

Crank up the 'crime stats' and turn it in to the Feds and.... BINGO... you've got MORE money to pay yourself and keep the department supplied with new chase cars.

Simple math. Police work is a regular business, just like any other. Manage it properly and you can MAKE MONEY.

Another bust... another number on the stat sheet... when you get enough of them turn them in and you get paid. EASY.

Anyone can do it.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

This is definitely about the stats game. This is about being able to claim that crimes involving marijuana are on the rise. It makes a powerful headline, and the propaganda effect of it may be able to turn some of the folks that are still on the fence against medical marijuana. Mark my words, you will see the prohibitionists using it as a rallying cry.

It will be something along the lines of "Since the legalization of medical marijuana, crimes related to marijuana have reached epidemic levels statewide. This can clearly be seen by the 200% increase in police raids involving marijuana." In the press release they just won't tell the public that the only crimes being committed are by those doing the raids... So it is in their eyes a win/win.

I will hold back judgment on this news story, there is no knowing whether the house or grow belong to somebody that is legal to grow, at least not from the story as written. Hell, maybe the LEO borrowed some seized plants and set up their own grow, just to bust; nothing would surprise me about tactics they employ.

Anyone can do it.

even a cave man

Cavemen? These are mothers and fathers who are attempting to make money doing something they thought was right (going to college, fighting for the justice we all deserve).

These officers are pawns, common brothers and sisters in a fight for a job... yeah they could of said 'no' to the task but it could lead to a suspension. Then some other more aggressive or even careless person takes the open position.

How as a community are we going to unite as one in this fight for our civil rights when all we do is attack those who are sworn to protect us?

I have spoke to two police officers about the MJ laws, and they both agreed that if one is within the laws they are protected. 'You break those laws, you will see me at your door' QUOTE: officer "Fife"

If one kept their mouth shut, filtered the air, stopped light from escaping, and disposed of all medication in a correct manner you will not be found... now if you are talking about a grow, selling pot, breaking laws you should be either warned or arrested. Pretty simple.

Yes this is not the first bust in Barry County, certainly not the last. You think that one who grew for medical purposes would of made an effort to protect his/her rights thoroughly by placing any documents related to legality near the plants...

Is this an over-reaction to the drug war? YES... 5 plants is no reason to seize ones home or medicine, the fuzz don't know if it's medical or for the streets so they took the path of least resistance.

I HOPE that the owner is protected as a CG or PT so things can be straightened out and that the cops return the tainted/damaged goods.

somebody's gonna get sued and pay the patient.

LEO gonna learn sooner or later LEO gonna learn

dumb dogs are hard to teach

so we need to just start the layoffs already

I think no matter who wins this fall we will see massive layoffs and personnel redeployment among the terror squads when the new admin takes over. They know it too. This stuff is the last dying shots of a desperate, pathetic enemy.

Agreed,,,,!

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

This is definitely about the stats game. This is about being able to claim that crimes involving marijuana are on the rise. It makes a powerful headline, and the propaganda effect of it may be able to turn some of the folks that are still on the fence against medical marijuana. Mark my words, you will see the prohibitionists using it as a rallying cry.

It will be something along the lines of "Since the legalization of medical marijuana, crimes related to marijuana have reached epidemic levels statewide. This can clearly be seen by the 200% increase in police raids involving marijuana." In the press release they just won't tell the public that the only crimes being committed are by those doing the raids... So it is in their eyes a win/win.

I will hold back judgment on this news story, there is no knowing whether the house or grow belong to somebody that is legal to grow, at least not from the story as written. Hell, maybe the LEO borrowed some seized plants and set up their own grow, just to bust; nothing would surprise me about tactics they employ.

What if this person had his/her ap. Just hasnt found a dr. to sign,or didnt have the money, or had the crard? he is still covered....BY LAW.

Archived