A New Mmma Hero And Victim

I just saw this video on WWMT. A patient and caregiver was broken in to, shot, and pistol whipped. In the midst of all of this, he managed to save the life of a three year old boy! I am sure some people here know this guy. I am liking WWMT more and more. They are telling more of OUR story. In this particular story, they didn't even feature any opinions of police officers. Tom Van Howe's editorial earlier this summer was great too!

WWMT Story

Tom Van Howe's Drug Legalization Editorial

Guest finallyfree09

my god... why arent the cops concentrating on catching REAL crooks like the guys who shot this poor man? oh yeah i forgot... mmj users are peaceful and won't fight back. makes us easy targets, and, as a bonus to the cops, they won't get SHOT if they raid a mmj patient's house.

disgusting

ole Tom Van Howe-do-I-look......

i'm not going to go into the details (and not saying he smokes bud), but it's not a surprise to me, Tommy's position. on the contrary, if he wasn't a supporter of this movement, i'd say he's a hypocrite. (again, i have NO idea if he smokes bud, or not)

anyway, full-out legalization is the ONLY thing that is going to stop this kind of nonsense!! people know the patients have bud, and they know it's the good bud. this brings back my point of discreetness. you don't go around advertising you use carvedilol or prilosec, HCTZ or any other medications. DON'T advertise with t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, or YOUR MOUTH that you use mmj!!

you may think you trust your best friend, but he's GOING to tell someone. whether because he thinks it's cool you use it, or because he thinks you shouldn't use it. all it takes is telling one person, and the pyramid starts to happen.

i am NOT saying this guy deserved this. he absolutely, 100% did NOT deserve this. all i'm saying, is protect yourself by telling NO ONE!!

I just saw this video on WWMT. A patient and caregiver was broken in to, shot, and pistol whipped. In the midst of all of this, he managed to save the life of a three year old boy! I am sure some people here know this guy. I am liking WWMT more and more. They are telling more of OUR story. In this particular story, they didn't even feature any opinions of police officers. Tom Van Howe's editorial earlier this summer was great too!

WWMT Story

Tom Van Howe's Drug Legalization Editorial

Where does it say he did anything heroic that saved the kids life?

from Tom's editorial article:

Cole uses government figures to offer startling facts. In 1914 when the first drug laws were enacted, 1.3 percent of us were addicted to illegal drugs. In 1970 when Nixon launched his war on drugs, a war that every president since has endorsed, 1.3 percent of us were addicted to illegal drugs.

Now, in 2010, 40 years and 39 million arrests later, 1.3 percent of us are addicted to drugs.

In nearly 100 years, nothing has changed.

Yet we continue to arrest, and often imprison, 1.7 million people annual on drug charges, three arrests a minute every day, and nothing has changed.

It costs the State of Michigan about $33,000 a year to incarcerate a drug user.

they always speak about how mj costs the taxpayers money in healthcare costs. for one thing, just because someone goes to the doctor, does not mean they are there for problems due to mj. this does NOT get noted in their studies, though. if you use mj and you go to the doctor for a broken toe, you get added to the list of people who are considered to have cost the state money because of your mj use.

secondly, $33,000 a year to keep someone locked up for a plant???? i bet if those people were not locked up for the plant, it'd be easier to balance the budget and to pay these "healthcare costs related to mj usage," with the money NOT SPENT on keeping them caged

I'm not surprised at this kind of stuff but I have lived on the bad side of town my entire life. Sometimes its better to be on guard all the time and trust no one. It's hard living a life were you need to be on guard so much but it's better than getting shot in the head. To bad there are so many pieces of bunny muffin out there to beware of life is hard enough. Hopefully this pore man will pull through this with out it ruining his life very sad.

my god... why arent the cops concentrating on catching REAL crooks like the guys who shot this poor man? oh yeah i forgot... mmj users are peaceful and won't fight back. makes us easy targets, and, as a bonus to the cops, they won't get SHOT if they raid a mmj patient's house.

disgusting

When my friend got robbed in Battle Creek and they put guns to him and his kids heads. and when cops came they acted like nothing happened.

my thoughts are with this poor man and his family,,amagine if we had to register with the townships as a small business,so our addresses would be public info.we'd all be shot in the head within a year,,they have to catch these guys and make an example of them instead of us for a change.. i hope he has a speedy recovery..zzb

apparently there are some gun toting rippers active in the battlecreek area.. There have been several reports of gun toting rippers in battle creek.. I wonder if the police will take that seriously? Those bad boys need to be caught, made example of , and put away for a long time.. this is very bad..

i'm not going to go into the details (and not saying he smokes bud), but it's not a surprise to me, Tommy's position. on the contrary, if he wasn't a supporter of this movement, i'd say he's a hypocrite. (again, i have NO idea if he smokes bud, or not)

anyway, full-out legalization is the ONLY thing that is going to stop this kind of nonsense!! people know the patients have bud, and they know it's the good bud. this brings back my point of discreetness. you don't go around advertising you use carvedilol or prilosec, HCTZ or any other medications. DON'T advertise with t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, or YOUR MOUTH that you use mmj!!

you may think you trust your best friend, but he's GOING to tell someone. whether because he thinks it's cool you use it, or because he thinks you shouldn't use it. all it takes is telling one person, and the pyramid starts to happen.

i am NOT saying this guy deserved this. he absolutely, 100% did NOT deserve this. all i'm saying, is protect yourself by telling NO ONE!!

Sorry for this man's troubles... and YES... 'legalization' is the only answer.

Hope this fellow recovers and does well.

i was having a beer and doing an open mic night at billy's in east town years ago. Tom Van Howe just plopped himself right down at the table a bunch of us were sitting at in a really silly way. he had a couple beers, and a few marlboro reds, and some really witty banter with a really rag-tag group of people. i had a bit of respect for him ever since.

Archived