Using Mmj On Probation

I've followed a lot of cases and most can smoke while on probation show them your card your probation officer if you have or have not been sentenced yet. I am on probation and did not lose my card rights.

Do you mind me asking where your on probation and where u a registered patient before sentencing? If you werent how did you bring up the issue with your P O?

So you are on probation now? and didn't have your card when sentenced and now are trying to get your probation terms changed? If you have a card or paper work you should be able to medicate if you show your probation officer. For me no one had a card when I was busted got my card a little latter but had it when court started.

So you are on probation now? and didn't have your card when sentenced and now are trying to get your probation terms changed? If you have a card or paper work you should be able to medicate if you show your probation officer. For me no one had a card when I was busted got my card a little latter but had it when court started.

Yea I am. It just seems weird bring it up to my p o. "So I got a recommendation for medical marijuana and now Im a MMJ patient and I was hoping to be able to use while on probation"...lol

Yea I am. It just seems weird bring it up to my p o. "So I got a recommendation for medical marijuana and now Im a MMJ patient and I was hoping to be able to use while on probation"...lol

I was on probation in alpena county when the 20 days past, I sent my paper work to the p.o, i started medicating, my monthly urine screen came up pos for thc, p.o violated me, I had a violation hearing, judge gave me 90 days to produce plastic card or report for 5 days jail, got my plastic faxed it and pee pee'd dirty for thc the rest of my term with no probs!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I was wondering if anyone has heard of cases where someone was on probation and got the terms of their probation changed so that they could use medical marijuana.

jipo did.

his case in on the site here somewhere. or you can contact him via p.m. he's a very helpful guy.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/21027-won-in-court-today/

• 1 year later...

Four years ago cops came to my house because I was haveing thoughts of killing myself. While the cops where there they found some weed. I didn't know I had a warrant till a few months ago.

I went to court for sentenceing this past fri 5/11/12 and the judge put my on probation for 1 year and during this time I can not drink nor can I smoke weed. I told the judge I have my medical card and he said he don't care. Can the judge order me to stop smokeing even though my doctor put me on it?

I was wondering if anyone has heard of cases where someone was on probation and got the terms of their probation changed so that they could use medical marijuana.

in montcalm co, if you have a card at sentencing your good. but card only they don't recognize that 20 day thing. my p.o. said anything i had a script for. or mmj if you have a card..no problem. if you get your card while on probation you still can't use until your off probation. but the p.o. told me that I could start my grow and get ready for when I got off probation. and told me he would give me a months notice if I had to drop. how cool. Edited by cujo

Doctor only gave you a recommendation not a prescription

So,

judge wins as always

The doctor put me on medical weed because my liver and kidneys have spots on them and if I continue to use the pills I would need a transplant or die,now I can't smoke I have to go back on heavy narcotics percocets and oxymorphone ( opana er ) pills. So what your saying even though going back on the pills could kill me I still have to do what the judge says?

i went thru this almost 2 years ago, got stopped with a half a joint, the arrest was auburn hills, which lead to court down in rochester, think it was 52nd district , sentenced to probation 1 year, applied for my card i have MS after probation began, once the 21 days were up got the balls up to show my PO the paperwork and she was great about it, she said the city of Rochester recongizes the law, and told me to go home and medicate all i wanted , i was just stoked and blown away, i have a friend pickd up a dui and ended up in rochester system with my po so i told him to show his card right away and he was all set.. all i can say is i was lucky each city and municipality seems to pick and choose how they feel the law works, some Probation officers, may flat out tell you know. and it sux when that happens. so good luck to all

The doctor put me on medical weed because my liver and kidneys have spots on them and if I continue to use the pills I would need a transplant or die,now I can't smoke I have to go back on heavy narcotics percocets and oxymorphone ( opana er ) pills. So what your saying even though going back on the pills could kill me I still have to do what the judge says?

I do no know who you would contact but this needs to be looked at by someone with knowledge in the law. It is absurd that your health condition warrants the use yet the judge says he doesn't care? Surely with it being Medical marijuana someone could take this on and get it, is it called overturned?. Your life is at stake here not just your right to get "high" which is how this judge more then likely sees it.

• 3 months later...

Four years ago cops came to my house because I was haveing thoughts of killing myself. While the cops where there they found some weed. I didn't know I had a warrant till a few months ago.

I went to court for sentenceing this past fri 5/11/12 and the judge put my on probation for 1 year and during this time I can not drink nor can I smoke weed. I told the judge I have my medical card and he said he don't care. Can the judge order me to stop smokeing even though my doctor put me on it?

yep sorry for some stinking reason our citizens voted intiative? (law)im (not an attny) dont realy protect us in that matter, but if ya could get your Dr. to write you morphine patches, Id bet the farm the judge would let ya do em on probation, but not in the jail!

Please dont take me serious of getting back on hard opoids if you are off them, Ive been thru the withdraws.

Im just saying if you were on any kind of narcotic prescribed by a dr. You would be allowd to use you medication!

I wish you the best of luck, there are ways around it, but it gets costly if you are getting your urine screens done at random, if just once a month and you know the day, well, if there is a will there is a way to scoot right thru this.

Peace

Jim

Doctor only gave you a recommendation not a prescription

So,

judge wins as always

Yeah but the JUDGE can't decide what DR is recommending his patient, I would take it higher up, and get this judge on the news really quick by contacting your local news station, I bet quickly bunny muffin will change, Sad part is it takes for someone like this dumb donkey judge and his wife or someone close dying and mmmp might end up helping it, then he would have a different mindset.

Anyways I'd love to see you get his donkey in the ground.