None Of The Above. A Proposed Voter Initiative.

peanutbutter

I've grown tired of choosing the lesser of two evils.

Would anyone else like to see this option on ballots for elected officials?

None of the above.

A selection shall be made available on every election ballot for every elected person in the state of Michigan.

That selection shall read "None of the above."

If that option shall have a majority vote another election shall be held for that elected position.

The new election shall take place within sixty days of the election that had resulted in "none of the above" winning the majority of the vote.

These new elections may have the original persons running for office or new proposed persons.

Given the cost of an election it would almost seem better to take a different tact. Say something along these lines.

Take the voting results at the Finnish of the electoral count. Then take the number of registered voters who did not vote and add that number of votes to the lowest vote getter in each category. Should effectively scare the help out of both Dems and Reps.

Just a thought.

I've grown tired of choosing the lesser of two evils.

Would anyone else like to see this option on ballots for elected officials?

Just remember be careful what you wish for. None of the third party candidates I have seen or researched would get my vote.

The tea party is full of white supremacists that do nothing but preach hate for any race that isn't white or rich. They have a senate candidate who professed to practicing witch craft and another one who said that human-animal cross breeding is being done in secret by the Obama administration.

Yeah..I want those bozos in charge you bet. Look, I agree our political system needs to be shaken up but electing fringe people because you don't like the other one is dangerous. The tea party people want to do away with medicare and social security along with unemployment benefits.

There will be no MM anywhere in this country if someone like that crazy broad from Alaska is elected President. Don't believe me...ask the tea party what their stand is on MM or any other non-traditional medical treatments or medication.

Just remember be careful what you wish for. None of the third party candidates I have seen or researched would get my vote.

How does this sound;

1. Government should confine itself to protecting individuals from aggression, coercion and deceit. We oppose all laws and regulations that attempt to protect individuals from the consequences of their own behavior. While not necessarily condoning such activities, we advocate the repeal of all laws criminalizing gambling, possession and sale of drugs, and sexual relations between consenting adults. All those presently incarcerated or ever convicted solely for the commission of these victimless crimes should be pardoned and their records expunged.

Archived