Looking For The Real Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough Clone

• 1 year later...

I just got my hands back on the Kushman Cough... I just got two dixie cups with 8 inchers in em. I'll probably get between 100 and 200 clones off of them before I flower them. You can email me at thebrand313@gmail if you wanna get some of these genetics. I personally grew some before, and in fact, most of the people I know in Detroit have access to cuts. Flowering time is between 8 and 9 weeks, I have even let some go ten weeks before. Huge Dense colas, let em go 9 weeks and the lerf tightens up as well. If you dry and cure it right, a bag of it smells like a strawberry milkshake and tastes like skunky berry dank. If you can hold the hit in long enough to taste it. The plants grow easily with little care, just don't grow in chemicals and don't have the heat too high. Low temps at night will make the buds end with a light pink haze over the calyxes, but maybe that's just the resign, which is thick and exists on almost every part of the tops of the plant, making it a scissor locking finger sticky mess to trim. I've grown this several times, the right way and the wrong way. The wrong way is a sea of green with dozens of small plants grown in bad dirt using Miracle Grow and GH products to "feed" them. I was forced to grow a couple crops like that. Then I made my own organic mixes and started doing it right. I had about 6 weeks veg under a T5, so they were about 2 feet tall when they went to work. At the end, they were five feet tall, so the stretch factor isn't bad for a sativa dominant. It can take heavy pruning all throughout its life cycle because she is a shaggy beast, also making trimming a nightmare. But in the end, especially the end of 9 weeks of flowering, it will all pay off - literally, because it is one of the most potent and uplifting Sativa's around and the indica downturn is just about right - you won't feel clumsy or pass out half way through the movie. I will always trade for genetics, and I am always interested in Clone Only Strains. I currently have the Brothers Grimm Apollo 13 Clone Only, the Kryptonite Clone Only, and the Airborne G13 Clone only if anyone is interested in those as well. Thanks and peace! Happy Growing!

Also refrain from adding any nitrogen until about the middle of week 7 because they lock out quite easily. You can add a little then, which will help it finish, but don't expect the yellowing fan leaves to stop or slow down, this just happens. By the end, most of the big leaves above the stalk will be yellow or well on their way.

just thought you would wanna know. There are a couple of other little tweaks I learned over the years growing this cough. The hash is phenomenal but guess what? Your lungs wont forgive you. I made treats out of some butter before and somehow the fruity taste came through in the rice krispy treats... Cut your feeding schedule in half as compared to any other hybrid that is sativa dominate... Just water it mainly, and use teas. GROW THIS PLANT ORGANICALLY. Yeah, I say that about every plant, but it is essential that you grow SC organically or your final product might smell more like horse manure than strawberries. Sounds whack, but horse bunny muffin is the only thing that came to mind when I put my nose in the bag. That was the stuff using GH chemicals in dirt and the dry/cure (so called) took like 3 to four days using a dehumidifier on a timer in a closet... with buds sitting on paper towels on screens. WHACK. Don't do it like this or you bunny muffin will taste like horse doo doo. thanks and see ya later.

• 2 months later...

I just had the real kksc and mine is not nute sensitive , 9-10 week sativa dom straight dank its as frosty as the sensi star I grew ..smells like real fresh picked strawberries. I grew it organicly and big dense colas this cut was from cali and it was the best kksc I've seen ...I've seen 4 different grows of it ..it take it this one was the real.deal....I should have it back in next couple of weeks ...I should have cloned it but I had no clue it was this f- in good ...I did get a couple of selfed seeds due to my stress on her from heat and irradic light schedule ..I had no timer for my 220 light ..hopefully getting a timer box with multiple outlets soon. What is the diffrence or the blue cough to this one ...hello to everyone and thanks

• 1 month later...

I just got my hands back on the Kushman Cough... I just got two dixie cups with 8 inchers in em. I'll probably get between 100 and 200 clones off of them before I flower them. You can email me at thebrand313@gmail if you wanna get some of these genetics. I personally grew some before, and in fact, most of the people I know in Detroit have access to cuts. Flowering time is between 8 and 9 weeks, I have even let some go ten weeks before. Huge Dense colas, let em go 9 weeks and the lerf tightens up as well. If you dry and cure it right, a bag of it smells like a strawberry milkshake and tastes like skunky berry dank. If you can hold the hit in long enough to taste it. The plants grow easily with little care, just don't grow in chemicals and don't have the heat too high. Low temps at night will make the buds end with a light pink haze over the calyxes, but maybe that's just the resign, which is thick and exists on almost every part of the tops of the plant, making it a scissor locking finger sticky mess to trim. I've grown this several times, the right way and the wrong way. The wrong way is a sea of green with dozens of small plants grown in bad dirt using Miracle Grow and GH products to "feed" them. I was forced to grow a couple crops like that. Then I made my own organic mixes and started doing it right. I had about 6 weeks veg under a T5, so they were about 2 feet tall when they went to work. At the end, they were five feet tall, so the stretch factor isn't bad for a sativa dominant. It can take heavy pruning all throughout its life cycle because she is a shaggy beast, also making trimming a nightmare. But in the end, especially the end of 9 weeks of flowering, it will all pay off - literally, because it is one of the most potent and uplifting Sativa's around and the indica downturn is just about right - you won't feel clumsy or pass out half way through the movie. I will always trade for genetics, and I am always interested in Clone Only Strains. I currently have the Brothers Grimm Apollo 13 Clone Only, the Kryptonite Clone Only, and the Airborne G13 Clone only if anyone is interested in those as well. Thanks and peace! Happy Growing!

By your description, that is not the Kushman cut that I have had. I got mine in Detroit in 2009, at an event at Green Trees.

The Kyle Kushman cut is indica dominant and clone only. I know that a former member here Dlovas had the Dutch Passion line, which is a sativa dominant strain. Maybe he got the Kusman cut later, but I didn't see any pics of it.

Flower time 7 - 9 weeks, depending on preference. I cannot imagine it going to 10 weeks. The strain I have is not shaggy at all. It has dense, easy to clean buds, and oh is it ever sticky!

I just had the real kksc and mine is not nute sensitive , 9-10 week sativa dom straight dank its as frosty as the sensi star I grew ..smells like real fresh picked strawberries. I grew it organicly and big dense colas this cut was from cali and it was the best kksc I've seen ...I've seen 4 different grows of it ..it take it this one was the real.deal....I should have it back in next couple of weeks ...I should have cloned it but I had no clue it was this f- in good ...I did get a couple of selfed seeds due to my stress on her from heat and irradic light schedule ..I had no timer for my 220 light ..hopefully getting a timer box with multiple outlets soon. What is the diffrence or the blue cough to this one ...hello to everyone and thanks

sounds like the Dutch Passion sativa dominant strawberry cough to me.

These are the true indica dominant strain:

Strawberry Cough 11 2010  039

Strawberry Cough 1 2011 036

Frosty Strawberry Cough indica 5 2011

• 1 month later...

That looks just like it but bigger buds and purple.the frostiest buds I've grown . Sometimes I think I get the Indica ,sativa mixed up when they are smaller plants , but it looks like it . ,I got some questions if if anybody has the real one .pm me thanks

I am pretty confident that the one I have is the real Kyle Kushman cut of Strawberry Cough. It does grow large like a sativa. Other than that it has very dense buds, thick sturdy stem and branches, tastes and smells very fruity like strawberry, it has wide indica leaves, and has an eight week flower time.

during the cooler months the leaves get purple and a little bit of the bud too.

Strawberry Cough Indica  15 11 10 11

1 15 11 Strawberry Cough indica Cut 018

Strawberry Cough 1 2011 026

during the warmer months, it comes out like this.

Strawberry Cough just before harvest 11 2010  015

Mine came directly from Cali (my buddy mailed the clone), this was probably 5-6 years ago, but it was not a sturdy, it was not tall and the leaves were not very wide compared to my Original Diesel. It does have the berry smell tho. :) The same plant can look drastically different grown by different growers in different mediums.

See if you can find some of those pics you have of it. Would be great to see them.

How many weeks of flower time did they have?

I do agree, growing in different mediums and conditions can cause the plants to have differences. I have sampled about 5 different strains of SBC from different growers. They were all about the same and they were nothing like mine in looks, taste, or effects. The DP version of SBC is the only strain that I have sampled where all samples from different growers were very similar to each other.

DP is in Cali too. I suppose it is possible that either you have a DP version or mine is not even SBC as I was told it was.

Either way, I love the one I got! :) Been growing it for three years now, and I don't plan to stop growing it. One of my favorite qualities of the SBC is the consistency. I have grown it under 400W, 600W, and 1000W HPS lights and each grow, they have all come out consistent. The only other strain I have that I can say carries the same consistency as my SBC is the space queen dominant TGA Querkle. I use both of these strains in my oil. All of the other strains I grow are very picky on what lights and other conditions. The consistency does not compare unless they are repeatedly grown under the same conditions all the time.