My First Grow

FootFungus

I'm on day 10 now of the flowering cycle, I'm a long time smoker but a first time grower. I'm learning what I can, feel free to tell me anything you see that I'm doing wrong. Some of these I vegged for a couple months as you can tell, the 3 largest I had to transplant out of 5 gallon buckets.

I have 3 of these Blue Dreams, this is the best one, these I've started flowering at 4 nodes, which is what I hear is the quickest way to flower.

BlueDream.jpg

Purple Haze

PurpleHaze.jpg

Chronic (was told its the original)

Chronic.jpg

G-13

G-13.jpg

Master Kush

MasterKush.jpg

Haze Skunk (never heard of it but was told it's a high yielder)

HazeSkunk.jpg

Couch Lock

CouchLock.jpg

Genesee Purple (its tied down about 10 times, my oldest plant)

GeneseePurple.jpg

Blue Hash (my favorite looking so far)

BlueHash.jpg

The last 3 are the transplanted ones, each is about 3 1/2 feet tall. :)

Should I be more aggressive on the trimming?

yeah, definitely need 3-4 times your current pot size. think of it like this: the top of the plant will only produce what it's roots can support/nourish, so if you have a small pot with a root-bound plant in it, that plant is not going to get big, or produce much.

You have to decide which size pots depending on your space available, number of plants, and lights.

The 20 gallon containers are about 22" wide(at the top), they take up quite a bit of room. I think optimally you would have 4 plants under 1000 watts, I am doing 10-12 plants, split into 2 rows, under 2000 W but with a light mover...

//img2850j.jpg[/img]

7 ,10, and 15 gallons are also good options, will definately produce more flower than a 3 or 5 gallon...everone I've talked at my grow store agrees.

You could call your store and find out the diameters of the different containers then plan this flowering session to fit perfectly...

A plant with 4 nodes might be just fine with a 10 gallon, there is alot of reasoning about the perfect time and size to transplant.

how long did you veg??

Different amounts of time, I bought the Genesee Purple first around early august. I just kept vegging that as I added more clones until I finally hit my 12 total last week with the 3 blue dreams, then I just started flowering everything. Right now it's on a 400 MH and I'm adding a 600 HPS in the next day or two. I also vegged the first 5 weeks on 18 hour light then switched to 24 hour the last 3 weeks to see the difference, I think I will be doing 24 from now on in veg, they really had a noticeable increase in growth.

I also forgot to snap a pic of my White Widow, that's my 12th missing plant above. It was the near death one I had early on so it is sparse, I cut all the bad branches off once it recovered.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 19 of flowering...

White Widow

WhiteWidow.jpg

Purple Haze

Purplehaze.jpg

Chronic

Chronic-Copy.jpg

G-13

G-13-Copy.jpg

Master Kush

MasterKush.jpg

Haze Skunk

HazeSkunk.jpg

Couch Lock

CouchLock-Copy.jpg

Genesee Purple

GeneseePurple.jpg

Blue Hash

BlueHash-Copy.jpg

Added the white widow pic. The lights are further away than they should be right now since I only have 1000 watts total. As they get closer to the same size the lights will get closer and closer. I'll post more on day 29...

Another question about my setup: I am adding a 2nd 600 HPS in the morning, do I need to split up the outlets I use or can 1 outlet handle 2 600 HPS and 1 400 MH, all on surges and timers?

There should be some kind of tag on the side of

your lights that says how much amps each light draws ?

Im running 4 - 400 's , each draws approx. 4 amps each

and im on a 20 amp circuit ...

Plus i have 4 fans on different circuits , w/ the air condition :thumbsu:

It just depends on how big your breaker is ?

and How many plug outlets are on that circuit ?

I figured out all the electrical, it was all marked just like you said, thanks. :)

Unfortunately this morning I discovered spider mite signs. They are on day 30 of flowering, I still gave them a spray down with neem oil solution. What else can I do? It doesn't appear to be widespread yet, only a few white spots here and there, I want to get them fast.

Looks like the ladybugs and neem took care of the spider mites. Crystals are on every single plant and starting to cover them. :) Day 34 of flowering...

White Widow

whitewidow.jpg

Purple Haze (starting to get purple deep in the bud, hard to see in the pic)

purplehaze.jpg

Master Kush

masterkush.jpg

Blue Dream (going to be very low yield obviously, just hoping to re-veg for cloning)

bluedream.jpg

Haze Skunk

hazeskunk.jpg

Genesee Purple (bud sites seem to be everywhere)

geneseepurple.jpg

Chronic

chronic.jpg

G-13 (the ladybugs LOVE this plant)

g13.jpg

Couch Lock

couchlock.jpg

Blue Hash

bluehash.jpg

Blue Hash Close-up

bluehashcloseup.jpg

I have some very weird looking leaves, I don't know if this is evidence of a disease or what? Some are hiding or folding under the middle leaf and some are "wrinkling" is the best way to describe it. It's all from my Chronic plant. Any input?

Folding

1023100710_01.jpg

Folding

1023100709_01.jpg

Wrinkling (also far middle/upper right under that leaf, you can see one twisting sideways)

1023100708_01.jpg

I'm on day 10 now of the flowering cycle, I'm a long time smoker but a first time grower. I'm learning what I can, feel free to tell me anything you see that I'm doing wrong. Some of these I vegged for a couple months as you can tell, the 3 largest I had to transplant out of 5 gallon buckets.

I have 3 of these Blue Dreams, this is the best one, these I've started flowering at 4 nodes, which is what I hear is the quickest way to flower.

BlueDream.jpg

Purple Haze

PurpleHaze.jpg

Chronic (was told its the original)

Chronic.jpg

G-13

G-13.jpg

Master Kush

MasterKush.jpg

Haze Skunk (never heard of it but was told it's a high yielder)

HazeSkunk.jpg

Couch Lock

CouchLock.jpg

Genesee Purple (its tied down about 10 times, my oldest plant)

GeneseePurple.jpg

Blue Hash (my favorite looking so far)

BlueHash.jpg

The last 3 are the transplanted ones, each is about 3 1/2 feet tall. :)

Should I be more aggressive on the trimming?

dude your first grow is doing great! dont it feel awsome to look at them grow everyday?

only thing i could suggest is get some bigger pots for them, next time. Looking good!

Congrats on your first grow!

enjoy!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived