To Rinse Or Not To Rinse

Indicat

I believe there is such a difference in what people agree the be the best method is because not all people grow the same. The biggest variable being organic or not, and most everyone agrees flushing non-organic will always help. I have been doing many side by side experiments with true organic growing and for the most part I have found flushing dose minimal to improve taste, however I tend to go allot lighter on the feeding than most, so one could argue there is not anything to flush out. My leaves are usually vary yellow and most of the large fan leaves fall off before just harvest. This run I have fed heavily, half unfleshed half flushed. Unfortunately everything is still growing or just hanging so I do not have results yet. But the point of this post is to show how the vastly different methods of growing probably affect weather flushing affect greatly or just barley. In my case so far I have concluded that flushing dose help but it is marginal difference in my true organic grows.

I understand what Danxy is saying.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me...I run a two week flush on the end of a 70 day cycle.

To me, its all about the ash.....white as snow.

IMO Flushed meds burn better, break up better, and taste better than unflushed. I have tried flushing and not flushing, I will always flush. Not only does the end product turn out better..It also gives me piece of mine I am not putting nasty ferts into my lungs and my patients don't have black crusties in the bottom of their bowls.

You are what you eat, and you are what you smoke.

Yes, that is definitely correct in theory and you would think it could help things along a bit. However I have learned with working with cannabis over the years that it's just not one of those things you want to try and hurry if you want to get the best possible results. This is the reason why I dry plants whole, in a cool dark 40-50% humidty room with very little airflow (other than a 300cfm exhaust and passive intake to prevent mold). It takes 10-14 days to dry in this manner, and takes longer to manicure the buds, but the end result is a plant that is much more evenly dried. My goal is create an environment where it takes as long as possible for the plant to dry as I find that trichome production and maturation continues during the drying phase as the plant processes continue for a number of days. If your focus is on speed or production then flushing could very well cut a couple days off of the amount of time it takes to have a harvest ready for sale, but my preference is to let the natural processes to occur.

My theory is that mother nature knows best... how do you flush a 14 foot tall bush that's growing in the ground outside?

After a couple weeks of curing there will be no distinguishable difference in the final product, and this should be the absolute minimum that you should cure your product anyways to ensure all the sugars and starches are broken down so your medicine reaches it's most potent, especially when growing cannabis of high enough quality to be considered "medicinal" (I mean real medicinal, not the low quality mids that most caregivers try to pass off as medicinal)

But to each their own, I always say the BEST method is what works best for the grower. :)

A slow cure is definitely best I agree whole heartedly. But Trichomes are not "Produced" after the plant is killed. No new trichs will form, none. THC level stays exactly the same at best or degrades once the drying process is set in motion.

low quality mids most CGs try to pass off? What CGs do you know? LOL. Send those patients our way, we'll get them on the right track! :thumbsu:

A slow cure is definitely best I agree whole heartedly. But Trichomes are not "Produced" after the plant is killed. No new trichs will form, none. THC level stays exactly the same at best or degrades once the drying process is set in motion.

low quality mids most CGs try to pass off? What CGs do you know? LOL. Send those patients our way, we'll get them on the right track! :thumbsu:

Plant processes do continue for a number of days after harvest, and trichomes continue to transition from clear to cloudy to amber during the first few days of drying, at least that is what I have observed. However if you have any evidence to the contrary I would love to investigate it further as I am always open to learning new methods to help improve the medicine I provide for my patients.

And I have heard many patients horror stories of caregivers that are buying mids from street dealers and upping the prices for their patients, and seen many caregivers try to pass off less than medicinal quality medication as medical grade and charge top dollar. You wouldn't believe how many people are passing off garbage that was improperly grown, not properly dried, and/or not cured as medical grade.

Archived