Gotta Love Oakland County Policy

that would be like finding out they shot a family member 2 me. they put my great dane to sleep because he growled @ a bow hunter coming out of his tree stand. i'm sure he was just as startled by the hunter.he was the best dog ever i still miss him very much.that really sucks i feel very sad for this family and my prayers go out 2 them.

Oakland county officer shoots aged family pet

Gloria was shot and killed by an officer who responded to the family's home because the alarm system went off.

Officers left a note on the door stating the dog advanced on the officer in a threatening manner before being shot and killed.

"There is no way you couldn't stop Gloria, if you simply drop a doughnut or ham sandwich in front of her," says Ward Hallock.

The family admits Gloria had a loud bark and was territorial about the backyard, but the Hallocks can't believe shooting her was the only option.

The dog was in the back yard from the way it sounds doing what a good dog would do protecting his owners home. As far as I know most dogs don't what a badge is, just another stranger being some where they should not have been. A visual observation from the fence line with the dog protecting the back yard would have been sufficient. Sounds like animal cruelty, if I was the family at the very least a cival suit is called for.

The dog was in the back yard from the way it sounds doing what a good dog would do protecting his owners home. As far as I know most dogs don't what a badge is, just another stranger being some where they should not have been. A visual observation from the fence line with the dog protecting the back yard would have been sufficient. Sounds like animal cruelty, if I was the family at the very least a cival suit is called for.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think the family is being a bit too nice, or they are too scared to try and file a suit against the pigs.

holy bunny muffin, and they didn't even have any mmj on the premises that the big scary dog was protecting? :jipo:

WTF Oakland leo... Why don't ya go and billy club someones gradma to death for baking suspiciously yummy smelling oatmeal cookies, or swipe a bars top shelf bottles for overstocking while ya are at it? :notfair:

Seriously... I don't live there, so I don't know... But what is the deal with the Oakland cops that the keep doing mean crap to people?

my bad it was all over our local news today and even on our local 4 website figured had to be the local gestapo

I am COMPLETELY heartbroken every time I hear about this type of occurance. I have a dog that I consider my kid. I dont know what I would do if a LEO shot my dog and left a note...

Archived