Automatic Fire Suppression

anon333

I've been researching this one for awhile now and think I'm ready to make a purchase but wanted to get some input from others. I don't have a huge grow room, it's rather small actually. But that doesn't diminish the risk of fire. I've been extra diligent with wiring, ventilation, smoke detectors, fire proof/resistant insulation, etc. One more step to go. Automatic Fire Suppression. Lots of pricey choices, none of which I was interested in. Wanted to keep it under the $500 mark if possible. I'm no stranger to automatic fire suppression systems, I'm in IT and deal with FM200, Halon (yuck), and other systems. But all those were way too pricey.

Enter the Sea Fire "Stinger". Designed for boats and other small enclosures.

100420F-p.jpg

# Automatic fire protection for small compartments and enclosures

# No power required for activation

# Utilizes FM-200 agent

# Quick, easy installation in minutes, no mounting Acc. required

# Low pressure switch that monitors leaks or activation

# Suitable for for use from 0°F to 130%deg;F

They recommend the unit for small server rooms and such. Completely automatic, FM200, with the smallest unit covering 25 square feet for $400 bucks. Anyone have one of these? Being the boater centric state we are I'm guessing someone may have one of these on their boats. But I want to use it in my grow room.

curious - why are you so worried about a fire in your grow room, provided you are using clean electrical connections, good circuits, and making sure not to overload those circuits?

i don't think any UL approved grow equipment is just going to spontaneously catch on fire... as long as circuits aren't being overloaded.

Guest finallyfree09

Never know when there's gona be a fire. What if your bulb inexplicably bursts? Or maybe you splashed some water somewhere sensitive and didn't realize it?

Imo it would be prudent to have some sort of fire suppression system set up just in case a fire starts and you aren't there to put it out.

Safety first!

Never know when there's gona be a fire. What if your bulb inexplicably bursts? Or maybe you splashed some water somewhere sensitive and didn't realize it?

Imo it would be prudent to have some sort of fire suppression system set up just in case a fire starts and you aren't there to put it out.

Safety first!

Exactly.

Archived