Police Using Fake Id

Southern Cross

Unfortunatly.. worse yet, they could apply for a card, then as a patient...try to destroy it from the inside. :angry:

Yes you can lay book that LEO has legal cards. A cop gets busted at work same as a construction worker and if he has chronic pain he qualifies no need to forge papers. Its freaking criminal the things a cop can do in the name of 'law enforcement' and its all backed by the supreme court.

the police do have fake ID's and fake identities, i know this from an acquaintance from years ago that was on a dope team (i don't make it a practice to let anyone know my personal business, and HE never found out - as i am still here :) ).

this reminds me of all the people that tell you, "if you ask a cop if he is a cop, he HAS to tell you."

no, what he HAS to tell you is anything that will get the information he wants.

a way around this would be a statewide database with names and valid cards-only doctors and dispensaries would have access to that information-very easy to cross check who is legal andf who is not

i do not see pharmacists getting into trouble for filling fake scripts-as long as they went along with good faith that the prescription is valid-same standards should apply

That's how I understand it too. Those charged can argue that their intention was to transfer MMJ only to those covered under the act. They had no intention of committing a crime. They didn't even know they had committed a crime.

The only crime seems to be the fake ID.

but the people doing the transfers were willing and able to do the transfers with or without the undercover officers help/input---so entrapment is not an issue

but going on good faith that the cards were valid-is no fault of those transfering medicine-case dismissed

you don't see pharmacists getting busted for filling out bogus prescriptions-unless they knew thew were bogus

but the people doing the transfers were willing and able to do the transfers with or without the undercover officers help/input---so entrapment is not an issue

but going on good faith that the cards were valid-is no fault of those transfering medicine-case dismissed

you don't see pharmacists getting busted for filling out bogus prescriptions-unless they knew thew were bogus

The with or without their help/input part would be incorrect, if the folks doing the transfers practice due diligence in checking for registration cards (or equivalents). If they refuse to transfer to folks that don't have credentials, they are doing the same thing that a pharmacist who is presented a script does, check that it is "reasonably realistic"....

Another good point would be that even a liquor store owner uses the same type of judgment on a regular basis. I would think a bigger problem would arise IF someone was turned down who indeed had the correct paperwork and WAS in fact, a patient. That would be discrimination, but that's a whole new argument. Just my 2 cents.

Archived