Caregiver Horror Stories.

How many of you have have horro stories about signing up with bad care givers?

Not sure about motives when you start threads like this, but I shall reserve judgment. As an answer to your question, I would guess there are some very bad stories out there, I won't comment on some that I have heard, but there are also some very good stories out there.

If you are a patent and looking for a caregiver, make sure you know the person, or get to know them before you sign them up. There is no need to rush into any situation that you are not absolutely sure of, sometimes that takes time to figure out. There are other avenues for acquiring meds than rushing to sign just anybody up as somebody you want giving care to you. You always have the right to change CGs if you wish, however it is a $10 fee to do so.

The reverse is also true for care givers... make sure you and the patient are on the same page about expectations, needs, and any other concerns, BEFORE signing the attestation. Having a patient sending in a change of CG on you, and leaving you flapping is not going to do either of you any good, MDCH does not inform a CG of a change being filed.

Rev Thad sez..." MDCH does not inform a CG of a change being filed."

That isn't true Thad...they do send out a letter asking that you destroy the caregiver card, just takes them about 6 months to get around to it, jeapardizing the old caregiver and quite possibly the new one...Peace...j.b.

I am not a caregiver, but believe me, there are as many horror stories out there about bad patients as there are bad caregivers. Time will help us to 'weed' either of those out. Peace...j.b.

JB really hit the nail on the head with this one.

I completely agree. I bet there are just as many patient horror stories as there are caregiver ones.

Rev Thad sez..." MDCH does not inform a CG of a change being filed."

That isn't true Thad...they do send out a letter asking that you destroy the caregiver card, just takes them about 6 months to get around to it, jeapardizing the old caregiver and quite possibly the new one...Peace...j.b.

Thanks for the update. Last I had read they weren't notifying CGs of any changes. I am sorry for the misinformation. However as you suggest, 6 months of not being a caregiver yet still growing would be a difficult position to be in.

Being a caregiver has many challenges and obstacles to face that can lead to a difference of opinion between a patient and a caregiver.

Being a patient has many challenges and obstacles to face that can lead to a difference of opinon between a caregiver and a patient.

Wow don't you think some of you are being a little defensive? I mean its a perfectly acceptable question from chelios. Being a caregiver myself that started without any type of support group besides the internet to gain knowledge from, I like to learn from so called "horror stories about caregivers". I pass on the stories to warn other people if there is any useful knowledge gained. Just because the information may be negative dose not mean it is not good information, or contain beneficial knowledge. With that being said as they said this is a two way street, I have one patient who is a nightmare to work with, always trying to get something for free, and always playing games and waiting my time just being plain old inconsiderate setting up times and not showing. I am not trying to offend anyone here just trying to look at it from everyone point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived