How To Drop A Patient?

GeekyGal

I have recently found out that a patient of mine is doing illegal things with the medicine I have been providing. The phone number I have for said patient has been disconnected. I need to remove myself from this person fast and drop this person so that I can replace them with an honest patient who is in need of my meds. Is it possible to submit the change form and drop a patient as a caregiver? It seems that the change form must be signed by the patient. What if the patient is no where to be found or refuses to sign the form? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Stop providing it.

But that does not really work if he at 5 patients and is wanting to replace that patient with a new one. not saying he does..

It sounds like he does not want his name connected to this patients, whom is doing illegal activities with the cannabis.

I don't see how anything will trickle down to the patients CG, if something did happen.. better safe then sorry tho!

Could Always Contact :

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

517-241-4337

and explain to her that you want to drop

patient ( Mary Jane ) becuase of personal issues ...

and tell her you have another patient that will

replace ( Mary Jane ) and will be sending in

the correct paperwork ....

just an ideal :thumbsu:

But that does not really work if he at 5 patients and is wanting to replace that patient with a new one. not saying he does..

It sounds like he does not want his name connected to this patients, whom is doing illegal activities with the cannabis.

I don't see how anything will trickle down to the patients CG, if something did happen.. better safe then sorry tho!

Yes, I am at 5 patients and would like to replace this bad egg. And I agree, with so much gray area in the law I want to be safe than sorry. Thanks!

One would think that even a written letter, accompanied by the card, should be enough for a caregiver to remove themselves from the program, as we must be able to correct or remove our own attestations.

That is exactly what should be done. I received this private message from a forum member here:

"I discussed this with mdch. If you can't contact the patient just fill out the change form the best you can and send it with a letter of explanation. You might consider ceasing communication with this patient while you line another up so you don't have to drop your plant count. Then send your notice. Good luck."

Thank you all for your help!

One member said he makes all his patients sign a blank change form. Then when a problem like this one arises he just finishes filling out the form and sends it in. The MDCH really needs to fix this problem though, I know it happens quite often.

Maybe tell your patient next time he comes over for a bag to sign the paper or no more meds. Tell him that you are asking that all patients sign these papers for your own protection, then do what you need to..............

One member said he makes all his patients sign a blank change form. Then when a problem like this one arises he just finishes filling out the form and sends it in. The MDCH really needs to fix this problem though, I know it happens quite often.

Maybe tell your patient next time he comes over for a bag to sign the paper or no more meds. Tell him that you are asking that all patients sign these papers for your own protection, then do what you need to..............

Very good idea, but I sorta feel like that's like signing a blank check (to an honest patient). I don't think I would do it if I were the patient....I don't want my patients to feel anyway uncomfortable about our relationship. I think what I will do from here on out is have all of my patients sign a caregiver/patient agreement that states what is expected from the both of us and that we each have the right to drop each other if the agreement is not honored. (and then maybe have them sign the change form)

Thanks again everyone!

Archived