Help Needed Asap Harrassed For His Card

jacklash69

I have a friend ,who was pulled over and taken to jail for driving under the influence.He has his paperwork and was WAY over the time needed i.e.21 days.Hell its been 3-4 months.So they took his medicine,pipe and took him to the hospitol.The cop told him that all card holders should have thyre drivers lic. revoked. ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED GUYS!

If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28ch3wma45k4cqak55bnd2esfg%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26429

guys please. keep meds and pipes in your trunk. there is alot of info missing. did he admit to something? did he give consent to search. we all need to turn it up a notch to protect ourselves. i learned that the cops arent going anywhere. its up to you as an individual to protect your rights. maybee it will get better one day.

sounds like delta county (U.P.)

the judge in Escanaba said in court (for the same charge) that all michigan card holders should turn over there driver lisence!

ladys going to trial court end of next month. this has been going on for a year now. they took like 2 grand from her on forfiture. she ended up getting it all back after they jerked her around a few months canceling court hearings and trying to get her to take on half back, then when she won they said there computers were down so she'd have to get the money (check) in the mail, they waited 30 days to mail it out!

sad that they wanna screw people so bad.

good luck with the case. I'd get a lawyer and fight it.

I guess wait for the toxicology report, if it shows THC then he is most likely screwed, if its just 11-carboxy-THC then he will be fine per Michigan Supreme Court Ruling.

What's the difference between THC and 11-carboxy-THC? It was my understanding that it's really pretty tough to tell if someone's actually under the influence at any one particular time...is there some kind of test I'm unaware of that can determine thc intoxication? If so, what's the rule of thumb on smoking and driving...is the a timeframe after use when you shouldn't drive? Obviously, don't drive intoxicated, but what's the determining factor?

What's the difference between THC and 11-carboxy-THC? It was my understanding that it's really pretty tough to tell if someone's actually under the influence at any one particular time...is there some kind of test I'm unaware of that can determine thc intoxication? If so, what's the rule of thumb on smoking and driving...is the a timeframe after use when you shouldn't drive? Obviously, don't drive intoxicated, but what's the determining factor?

11-carboxy-THC is a metabolite produced by your body as it breaks down THC. It stays in the body much longer than THC, and is the component tested for in most "THC tests". This year the Michigan Supreme Court ruled that tests for 11-carboxy-THC are not enough to support a driving under the influence conviction, since it is not itself a psychoactive drug or controlled substance.

What Boro said for the first question. And I cant give you an answer on how much THC you can have in your system, as there is no set amount. So I would guess, LEO, PA, and Judge would go after you if you had THC in your system at the time of the blood draw. Rule of thumb for smoking is dont drive for 4 hours after smoking.

thanks, I was aware of the supreme court ruling, I guess I just didn't realize they could test for anything other than the 11-Carboxy-THC.

So, there definitely IS a test that detects THC and not just the 11-Carboxy-THC? Any way of telling how long the actual THC stays in your system? For example, based on this, a patient could feasibly medicate first thing in the morning, again at lunch break, once after work and once before bed...and ALWAYS have the potential to test positive for THC? Is this a blood test, urine, hair, what? Do you have to submit to the THC test?

Hmm, now I'm confused.

Only a blood test will tell if there is active THC in your system that I am aware of. A pee test would be all by-product. How long the THC stays in your system is a toss up. 11-carby-THC can stay in your system from 1 week to 120 days... THC has a lot shorter life span, also how much you smoke has a lot to do with the nl of THC in your blood stream. So if I take 1 hit, it wont be in my system that long. If I smoke a whole bowl out of my vape, it will probably stay in my system longer. You only have to submit to a blood test if you are forced to under a warrant or if you give consent. I would refuse EVERY search of ANY kind even if I had been sober for 10 years and just bought a brand new car that I just left the car dealers lot in... Never consent to search of any kind, never give up your right to remain silent, never give up your right to an attorney before, during, and after questioning.

WARNING: I AM NOT A LAWYER OR A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

My fiance has his card and he is now on probation for a year for possesion of Marijuana. It's really a crock because he's a paraplegic and he REALLY needs it. it's the only thing that keeps him in his chair. Since being on probation (with bi weekly drug tests for THC) He has had horrible leg spasms that have flipped him out of his chair many times and have also knocked him out by hitting his head on things after flipping.

The judge didn't even want to hear about the card, and didn't give him a chance to explain exactly why he has it.

I just think it's horrible for the county, the courts and the cops to be able to form their own "opinion" on whether the MMM card is "good" or "bad".

Mind you he DID smoke before he got his card, but how else would he have known that that specific "medicine" would work. AS SOON as he was convicted and had to quit using, that's when the trouble with his legs started again.

Even though I do not use, I really feel for everyone that is having problems with their situation!

the judge in Escanaba said in court (for the same charge) that all michigan card holders should turn over there driver lisence!

ladys going to trial court end of next month. this has been going on for a year now. they took like 2 grand from her on forfiture. she ended up getting it all back after they jerked her around a few months canceling court hearings and trying to get her to take on half back, then when she won they said there computers were down so she'd have to get the money (check) in the mail, they waited 30 days to mail it out!

what's the deal in delta county?

WOW!! Nice to hear about a return of property case!

Is "getting your card" and becoming "legal" really worth the money if people are getting harrassed,cmon man its turning into the wild wild west! Why waste the money ,too give it 2 the state no less, to become legal?

+1

sadly, remaining "illegal" is becoming safer than joining the club. the cops have made it more than clear that they are targeting medical users rather than protecting them.

without a "baseline" on my person use and daily testing to determine my bodies ability to process all the THC,

then there is no way for a court to determine whether or not u are currently under the influence. the test will show how much THC is in your system but currently there are no case studies to compare to. so the immortal question is how high is high?

DON'T SAY A WORD

HIRE A LAWYER

as for the para who is now on probation and cant use, i would defiantly contact the ACLU and hire a lawyer...

the court cant legally stop you by virtue of the act, but you have to fight them on their ground so u must have a awesome legal defense team to make sure you have minimum impact on your life and civil rights.

peace

biggrin.gif

Well how high is high? I have been pulled over twice stoned and believe me you sober up real quick. Of course this was way back before real meds became available back in the ditch weed days.

If you test positive for THC that says nothing about your ability to drive at that time. Of course if you get pulled over and don't sober up, and the cop smells weed, and you start the whole I am a carded patient and I can smoke in Michigan then you are in a whole lot of trouble.

Being a legal user does NOT mean you can get all snailed up and go driving around the roads impaired.

But yeah, that whole blood test thing is something I would fight tooth and nail.

As a general rule, if you are too messed up to have a conversation with a nice police officer who pulls you over then you just might be too messed up to drive.

what's the deal in delta county?

This lady last year had been speeding and got pulled over, she had just came from the bank and had a little over 2k on her.

I forget how everything went down but there was no field test or anything. he said he smelt marijuana, she said she has her card. showed him the card and the marijuana and he took her in. called her money "drug" money and took it. she had brought all the bills to court where the money was going (car mechanic,ring payment,etc.)

the lady has a bunch of stuff wrong with her, one i remember off hand is chroans.

the last time i was in the court room the PA said they were dropping the marijuana and gunna charge her for having perscription pills in her system.

now it's going to tril on nov. 30th! working on getting a rally going as we speak.

here's the court stuff, was just on the news.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=532500

ya might be able to type brenda chase in the search and find the news stuff from a year ago (i got the news involved on this one so they been following it all year)

if ya got time write a comment in the box on there site

This is bullcrap.

I am glad she is fighting this and taking it to trial

Now all you people in the county need to FIRE this Judge AND this prosecutor.

No field test, a card and the accusation with no proof that her money was drug money?

So they dropped the marijuana charge but now they are getting her for impaired/drugged driving? Thanks for nothing. :notfair:

name of the judge please..as well as the names of his fascist minions.

Archived