Would This Be Legal Setup For Michigan Law?

jhaz

Is having a padlocked entrance into a enclosed 8.5 x7 framed room inside a of bedroom considered legal? The only thing outside of the enclosed framed room is the exhaust fan,carbon filter and a resavor. The resavor and exhaust obviously have a cut out in the side wall to enter. But its only the size for its functionm

Is there anything in that setup that could be not ok? I am building the room inside of my master bedroom. I share the bedroom with my wife that does not have anything to do with it nor is she a cardholder etc..

Thanks

Also side not..would using a 55 gallon water drum for a resavoir that used to have veg oil in it that has been steam cleaned a wise idea or better to stay away?

depends on who answers. some will say a house fits the description, others would argue that a bedroom or basement room with a locked door qualifies, still more will say a dog kennel outdoors, or even a greenhouse (which i believe has already been tried, and qualifies as long as security devices are in place), IMO they all fit the definition of and enclosed locked facility.

discreet signage will be helpful as well.

I thought a previous post on a court of appeals case indicated that the entrance to the home was considered a locked secure area when the homeowner was there to prevent occupation by intruders. That appeals case overturned a conviction for somebody on this site, and he was now involved in getting his equipment back.

Archived