Newbie Here, Need Advice/help

centralmich420

hi newbie here, waiting for my 21 day period to be up on the 13 of nov. trying to get everything figured out and in place and ready to go leagly on that day. my question regards growing in a tent. i plan on purchasing one of the grow tents, aprrox 3ftw x 2ftd x 5ft tall, also plan on purchasing atleast a 400hps light system to use. im wondering what i will need for ventalation on this tent set up and how to run the duct work correctly. i currently live in a rental house so i can not make any major modifactions to the building, but either plan on having tent in basement where no one but myself has access to or in a spare bedroom. wanted to start of with atleast 6 clones, maybe more, but 6 atleat to start with. i need to be as stealth as possible, due to having close neighbors on both sides, and also a single parent, so kids in the house. but i am having hard time figuring out this whole ventaltion system set up. any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated . thanks in advance. also anyone know of a fast growing strain that is very good for pain relieft? current chronic low back pain. once again, thanks

hi newbie here, waiting for my 21 day period to be up on the 13 of nov. trying to get everything figured out and in place and ready to go leagly on that day. my question regards growing in a tent. i plan on purchasing one of the grow tents, aprrox 3ftw x 2ftd x 5ft tall, also plan on purchasing atleast a 400hps light system to use. im wondering what i will need for ventalation on this tent set up and how to run the duct work correctly. i currently live in a rental house so i can not make any major modifactions to the building, but either plan on having tent in basement where no one but myself has access to or in a spare bedroom. wanted to start of with atleast 6 clones, maybe more, but 6 atleat to start with. i need to be as stealth as possible, due to having close neighbors on both sides, and also a single parent, so kids in the house. but i am having hard time figuring out this whole ventaltion system set up. any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated . thanks in advance. also anyone know of a fast growing strain that is very good for pain relieft? current chronic low back pain. once again, thanks

forgot to metion that i plan on using this tent from start to finish. dont have room for a seperate veg/flower room. so any suggestions with this set up would help.

Use the spare room and the closet for vegging. All you need for veg is a few florescent lights, a T5 is fine. The 400wt light HPS is just fine for supplying yourself with quality medication. With a separate area for vegging and flowering, you can run a perpetual grow and keep yourself in good shape.

a 400w will be the biggest you will be able to go in that small of a tent and honestly 6 plants might be to much for that when i first started i had the secret jarden 8x4x8 and 10 plants was a little much in there. and as far as ventilation just buy a clip on fan for air circulation in the tent and hit up home depot and pick up 2 6 inch inline booster fans i think they were like 25 a piece and move around 150 cfm each and just put one on the intake and exhaust if its gonna be in an open area u don't really have to worry about access heat just having the air movement will suffice and since your going for such a small space i recommend auto flowering strains! http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/index.php?act=seedFinder&floweringa=1&submit.x=62&submit.y=7

"i need to be as stealth as possible"

get a high-capacity blower (6 inch should do) and set that up so your tent exhausts into a carbon filter - these things really do work very well. i use one in my basement and there is no smell whatsoever.

keep in mind for this to work you need to ensure you have a negative airflow happening with the room you are growing in, that is - the only place air leaves your room is out this blower, and thru the filter.

Archived