What's The Worst That Could Happen If Schuette Wins?

abbe, you said what needs to be said, afterall, someone did ask, what's the worst that can happen.

Any law that is made takes time to be done and even to be undone, as far as I know, I doubt it'll happen overnight and there's still enough resistance to help slow down its defeat. If our law gets undone, I hope I'm not around to see it. I hope my illness will take me by then. We the People have the right to choose what's best for us, those rights have been being eroded for years, the right to choose natural care over synthetics, even if those compounds do have traces of natural herbs, for example. The right to choose goes far beyond one issue or another. We supposedly have the right to speak our minds without fear of retaliation. Healthcare is a RIGHT, not a privilege, and Supposedly we are free.

I dare say I hope he doesn't have the power to snap his fingers and make our law disappear. Abusers only get away with so much. I'm sorry it had to come to this. As we all know, there are so many who do not fit the profile of "pot head," but some people like schutte refuse to believe that. Maybe he was one, that doesn't mean everyone else is. Many others used to be, too, that doesn't mean they are now. He oughtta know better, but his big dollar signs have clouded his judgement, and that's putting it more kindly than he deserves. There are a lot of respectable people, people he may even know, who use MM to relieve their illness. THOSE are the people we need to speak for us, as well as us, we also need the voices of the compassionate people who don't use MM, but who have the good sense to acknowledge our right to choose a substance that has such a long history of healing, despite being so badly demonized. I bet right now there are people he respects, who choose MM as their medicine. I bet those sheriffs, judges, and prosecutors know people who they respect, too, who use it.

Sb

If he does his job bullschuette has bigger fish to fry. At least lets hope so. I believe things will be about the same. Just my opinion. Hopefully bullschuette will get clarification from Lansing b4 messing with MM patients!! Please don't worry about the unknown!!

How about what Jesus actually taught, that money was the root of all evil, not greed.

Jesus never taught that money was the root of all evil

1 Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is the root of all evil

Pack the love of money in with some usury and the greedy addicts get high.

The worse possible outcome is if Michigan reverts back to not being a MMJ state, and that is not going to happen. Many people from this board have dealt with full prohibition of cannabis for decades in this state. There is nowhere to go but up, sure a little regress can happen, and that is what we've seen, but it's a long way from where we all once stood. We were together then, we're together now.

I doubt a guy like Shuette, heck, any politico, is going to pull in all his favors to repeal the MMMA...

Yeah, good point.

Most politicians aren't true believing zealots, unless they're Teabagger Republicans, they just want to get elected and keep their jobs.

Bang the drum on a hot button, keep-it-simple topics: abortion, guns, gays, immigrants, jobs, etc and then once elected get down to business as usual...

As I see it Education is the Key ,

If 1/3 of the Energy put forth in the posts on this thread " What's the Worst that Could Happen " were put to Good Use in Educating Mr Schuette once he takes his formal position as AG or even now of Actual First Hand Benefits from Actual Patients . I would suggest emailing him with How it Helps You as well as the Benefits you see vs the Regimented Prescribed Narcotics society uses freely now to place the Proverbial Band-Aid on Acute and Chronic Pain .

I would venture to guess Mr. Schuette hasn't a clue from a Patient's Perspective what actual Health and Medicinal Benefits Medical Marijuana has unless he has Actual Case History from actual MM Patients . I find it hard to believe that with his Many Years of Education he hasn't smoked at least 1 joint .

So fer what it's worth in My Opinion . Face Reality he did get the Majority of the Votes , Many of the Same voters that Voted In Medical Marijuana voted him into the AG's Office , Write er Wrong he's the man we have to deal with so We Need to make the best of the Position he will soon hold .

So Possibly it May Good Idea to email him as well as Governor Elect Snyder and let them know how your Day to Day Quality of Life is now better with Legal MM . A Wise man once told me " You'll Draw More Flies with Honey than Ya Will with Feces ". So I suggest being Respectful in the Correspondence as well as Informative and Ask Him to Uphold the Law Voted In as well as Appoint a AG Staff Member Attorney to help Uphold and Clarify any Grey Areas Protecting the Sanctity of the Law also protecting the Patients and Certifying Dr's .

Let us Not jump the gun and Pass judgement creating Possible Anxiety and or paranoia Until The Fat Lady Sings . Why Not Try the Education with Respect via email from Individuals and Clubs before the Tone is Set In Stone . I would imaging the sooner they get the issues And Defined Clarification of the Law the more time both Snyder and Schuette will have to tend to bigger issues at hand .

Better off Convincing them to be a Friend rather than a Foe . The Ole , Respect Returns Respect . We Might be Pleasantly Surprised , And if by chance Not . Then think of the Bad Media Press that would start off a New Administration . Blissful Coexistence Can be Obtained if Orchestrated Properly ,,,

Why Pres.Obama "failed" his first two years.

1)A Non-cooperative GOP who blocked everything they could except what benefited the rich. Racism also plays a huge part in his troubles. Newt Gingrich called Pres.Obama a ni##er, great cooperation between the two parties eh. McCain also said that there would no bipartisan co-peration soon after the President was inaugurated.

2)A financial tsunami felt world wide caused by US deregulated banks and walls street fat cats who played poker w/our retirements and lost for us but put billions in their pockets.

3)A racist sub-culture that permeates DC and the rest of the country. If you recall at the Tea Baggers rallies and even GOP ones Pres.Obama was called a ni##er, hung and burned in effigy, and one GOP senator said that, "there is a second amendment solution to elections that don't go our way".

Our country has a long way to go before we are truly "One Nation"!

I do believe there is a HUGE difference, its not even comparable.

What possible difference does it make which government entity makes you pay? It is only an idealogical argument that goes back to the days of slavery. There are some things that are so morally objectional we want them at a federal level to protect all people of all states.

If you don't have car insurance and hit me as I ride my bicycle I am screwed if you are broke. I will have to pay for your mistake. That is why you are required to have it. Same with health care. If you don't have health insurance and go to the hospital with a heart attack and you are broke me and everyone who can pay will have to pay for your hospital stay. At least with government regulation (like with medicare and medicaid) the amount I have to pay for you will be regulated by the government. Right now it is whatever the heck the hospital wants to charge the rest of us for your stay. How is that system fair? There are some things that are just too important to society to leave up to private for profit corporations. Fire, police, military, and in my opinion health care.

For the gov can't do anything right crowd gov run medicare and medicaid 99% of the money taken in goes to payments for patient care compared to 70% for private insurance companies. And the argument that medicare and medicaid are broken is lacking understanding. Their financial troubles are due to lack of funding not due to inefficiencies or inaccuracies in the program.

Mize, not only that, BUT Obama never came up with the 'green jobs', ending the war in the Middle East along with a lot of other things that he lead the American people to believe he would do including changes in the 'cannabis laws'.

When Obama didn't follow through he p*ssed off the Dems and 'Independents' that had supported him and when you add to that the Republicans that already were against him... you see now where he is because of his lack of getting even a FEW things done.

IMHO... Obama... because he DIDN'T follow through on his 'Changes' will NOT have the support to get re-elected in 2012.

A politician of ANY party can only lie and fail to follow through so many times before people walk away.

People are 'walking away' from Obama... and sadly IMHO he doesn't have a clue on what he's doing wrong.

And the 'Health Care' issue... you CAN NOT pass a law that FORCES people to BUY health insurance... you either do 'single payer' OR you leave it to H*LL alone... another reason BOTH sides walked away from him.

I won't waste my vote NEXT election... count on it.

I think you nailed it, GB. Well said! I'll add only one thing. Not only did he not follow through on many if not most of his campaign promises, the American people have been waking up to what his "change" really means...transforming America away from the principles that made this country great.

This country needs an honest to god third party, one that won't be co-opted by one of the major parties. Then maybe the the Dems and Reps. will HAVE TO work together for the common good of AMericans.

Exactly. Im surprised more of us are not libertarians. I know whats best for me and my family. If my actions are not hurting anyone else then whats the problem? There definitely needs to be a 3rd party in the mix cause when one party is in total control of congress and the other party is holding the Presidential seat, nothing gets done but finger pointing and vetoed bills.

As I see it Education is the Key ,

If 1/3 of the Energy put forth in the posts on this thread " What's the Worst that Could Happen " were put to Good Use in Educating Mr Schuette once he takes his formal position as AG or even now of Actual First Hand Benefits from Actual Patients . I would suggest emailing him with How it Helps You as well as the Benefits you see vs the Regimented Prescribed Narcotics society uses freely now to place the Proverbial Band-Aid on Acute and Chronic Pain .

I would venture to guess Mr. Schuette hasn't a clue from a Patient's Perspective what actual Health and Medicinal Benefits Medical Marijuana has unless he has Actual Case History from actual MM Patients . I find it hard to believe that with his Many Years of Education he hasn't smoked at least 1 joint .

So fer what it's worth in My Opinion . Face Reality he did get the Majority of the Votes , Many of the Same voters that Voted In Medical Marijuana voted him into the AG's Office , Write er Wrong he's the man we have to deal with so We Need to make the best of the Position he will soon hold .

So Possibly it May Good Idea to email him as well as Governor Elect Snyder and let them know how your Day to Day Quality of Life is now better with Legal MM . A Wise man once told me " You'll Draw More Flies with Honey than Ya Will with Feces ". So I suggest being Respectful in the Correspondence as well as Informative and Ask Him to Uphold the Law Voted In as well as Appoint a AG Staff Member Attorney to help Uphold and Clarify any Grey Areas Protecting the Sanctity of the Law also protecting the Patients and Certifying Dr's .

Let us Not jump the gun and Pass judgement creating Possible Anxiety and or paranoia Until The Fat Lady Sings . Why Not Try the Education with Respect via email from Individuals and Clubs before the Tone is Set In Stone . I would imaging the sooner they get the issues And Defined Clarification of the Law the more time both Snyder and Schuette will have to tend to bigger issues at hand .

Better off Convincing them to be a Friend rather than a Foe . The Ole , Respect Returns Respect . We Might be Pleasantly Surprised , And if by chance Not . Then think of the Bad Media Press that would start off a New Administration . Blissful Coexistence Can be Obtained if Orchestrated Properly ,,,

Kudo's, Dubliner- thank you!

As frustrated as I can get I have to look at this situation as an opportunity. I've been at the proverbial 'bottom' enough to say with confidence that when all else fails...find a hint of opportunity and run with it...no need to wallow in the muck of defeat when the law is in our favor.

It's obvious that the "foes" are not educated as to the medicinal aspect of MM and see it more as a green card for dopers. What we have in our favor is the ability to set the stage for communication/education as Dubliner suggests. Rather than wait to see how they handle MM, MM card holders, collectively, show that we are not a bunch of dopers, that we are tax payers with clear medical needs who function within the law and for the right reasons. If we approach them with the angst some of these posts represent we are showing our fear and anger which they use against us, they feed off our weaknesses.

Provide our personal stories backed up with facts; laws, medical info, benefits...etc. Show how the economy benefits which in turn provides them with a pay check, show how the new industry benefits the community. I know much of the info is redundant but at least the wheel doesn't have to be recreated. I believe there is a video in progress....? If we develop an organized, well publicized event showing the benefits and counter refer madness propaganda in a educated, calm, peaceful, educational, entertaining, NON VICTIM manner I believe we will be able to reach a majority of people. Make it transparent and to the point. Maybe get a publicist involved, someone in marketing to help guide the best approach. Create an event that promotes the sanity of MM and not the fears. No one needs to be pushing the envelope by sparking up at the event or by waving banners slamming LEO or the authorities.

Fact is, the peoples law will stand but it needs the support from a strong foundation- confident, educated, professional and community oriented.

Kudo's, Dubliner- thank you!

- No one needs to be pushing the envelope by sparking up at the event or by waving banners slamming LEO or the authorities.

You're joking, right?

Fact is, the peoples law will stand

Good luck. The No-You-Can'ts are already vowing to repeal everything Obama has accomplished and insure nothing gets done

leading up to the next election by setting their own agenda. The greater the effort to repeal prohibition, the greater the opposition

will respond - with limitless cash and political resources. Not much democracy, really.

"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later;

in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting." - Charles Bukowski

'FloridityNow'

"You're joking, right?"

no, i'm not kidding. a educated, business savvy lawful passive approach will win the business class, middle-of-the-roaders and the media. fist waving pissed off stoners will not. if people feel that far beaten, discouraged and scared then they might as well burn their cards now- the opposition won. the ill-informed would love the press to show how radical MM patient/caregivers are which will then set us apart from main stream. we have the ability to win buy bringing light to our common ground and the benefits in supporting a compassionate industry and its patients in need.

Mize, not only that, BUT Obama never came up with the 'green jobs', ending the war in the Middle East along with a lot of other things that he lead the American people to believe he would do including changes in the 'cannabis laws'. People are 'walking away' from Obama... and sadly IMHO he doesn't have a clue on what he's doing wrong.

You're sounding like that Hindenburg announcer guy: "Fire is raining down from the sky! Get out of the way! Oh, the humanity!"

Obama was never considered a messiah by Liberals. He was always clearly a centrist on almost all the issues, including the war in Afghanistan. He simply offered the best hope for winning the election and changing the direction Republicorp had taken the country (to ruin). And he did win and delivered us from the evils of neo-conservatism (and Sarah Palin). Alright. And Obama did in fact deliver on getting out of Iraq, creating jobs and saving the economy from further disaster. He created more jobs in 2 years than Bush did in 8. He initiated a start in providing better help care options for more Americans at less cost. But there should have been a public option for anyone denied coverage by private insurance! The No-You-Can'ts hacked up most of the original healthcare provisions and took preventive care off the table like they took out Carter's conservation efforts (Reagan even had the WH solar panels ripped out). Preventive health care, unfortunately, would cost the insurance companies billions in future lost income just as fuel conservation would have hindered corporate energy profits.

And the 'Health Care' issue... you CAN NOT pass a law that FORCES people to BUY health insurance... you either do 'single payer' OR you leave it to H*LL alone... another reason BOTH sides walked away from him.

I think when you're a little boy and you're first informed about the prospect of performing oral sex on a girl, that you're understandably a little put-off about that. Republicant's and Fox News are also real good at winning over heterosexuals by manipulating an innate repulsiveness to same sex acts. Doesn't it make you want to throw up? Don't THEY make you want to throw up? And so on.

I won't waste my vote NEXT election... count on it.

At last, someone I can count on!

i'm not kidding.

I share your frustration with the external flux and I understand the desire for validation. I just don't agree that public demonstration in the form of protest, however well behaved, is the way to win the hearts and minds of those needed to advance the cause; namely, parents raising children, the elderly and most Republican'ts.

The other MMMA protests were limited, specifically targeting individual attacks made against patient rights and the intent of the State's adopted program - and even then, barely escaping absurdity. Calling attention to the trees of the forest only invites arson.

Here are a few (perhaps better) ideas instead:

Glee:

Promote medical marijuana acceptance by all singing and dancing. Stage elaborately choreographed production numbers at county fares. Afterward, Invite audience members on stage to "dance with the stars!"

Traveling Medicine Shows: All the old timey charm of the days before Big Pharma. Hire (inkind) the Sham-Wow guy to demonstrate how to prepare Simpson Oil and invite Rachel Ray to offer baking tips. But seriously, a great way to teach the old ways of making medicine and other home remedies. Attract the "old folks" with classic farm equipment and talented Dusty Rhodes type barkers. And of course acoustical music with lots of signing and dancing, similar to pow wow.

NASCAR: Plaster logos on car #13 or 42.

Mashups: A team of MMJ patients takes on beer drinkers to determine which group is more impaired after continuous consumption & receiving a series of physical and psychological tests by the judges. There's a sucker born every minute!

And so on.

You're sounding like that Hindenburg announcer guy: "Fire is raining down from the sky! Get out of the way! Oh, the humanity!"

Obama was never considered a messiah by Liberals. He was always clearly a centrist on almost all the issues, including the war in Afghanistan. He simply offered the best hope for winning the election and changing the direction Republicorp had taken the country (to ruin). And he did win and delivered us from the evils of neo-conservatism (and Sarah Palin). Alright. And Obama did in fact deliver on getting out of Iraq, creating jobs and saving the economy from further disaster. He created more jobs in 2 years than Bush did in 8. He initiated a start in providing better help care options for more Americans at less cost. But there should have been a public option for anyone denied coverage by private insurance! The No-You-Can'ts hacked up most of the original healthcare provisions and took preventive care off the table like they took out Carter's conservation efforts (Reagan even had the WH solar panels ripped out). Preventive health care, unfortunately, would cost the insurance companies billions in future lost income just as fuel conservation would have hindered corporate energy profits.

I think when you're a little boy and you're first informed about the prospect of performing oral sex on a girl, that you're understandably a little put-off about that. Republicant's and Fox News are also real good at winning over heterosexuals by manipulating an innate repulsiveness to same sex acts. Doesn't it make you want to throw up? Don't THEY make you want to throw up? And so on.

At last, someone I can count on!

Florry, Baby... yes you certainly MAY count on me.

He WILL NOT get my vote.

I'll put it where I can be CERTAIN that I'm wasting it.

I'll put it on the 'Libertarians'.

And both the DEMs and the Repubs can kiss a certain lower body area of mine along with anyone else that might care to.

Gb - You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, comrade. Always look on the bright side of life....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1loyjm4SOa0

That reminds me... if the "Paultards" did one thing right in the '08 election, it was tagging a lightship.

Politicos mocked the campaign for it but I thought it was a brilliant idea.

And so here's another cannabis promotional idea or two:

BLIMPS

Create a fleet of pedal powered dirigibles, each resembling a hand rolled MJ "Doobie" or "Fatty"

and electronically display promotional slogans from them - and music. Fly them around cool events.

Garner global attention. Everybody loves a blimp. Key element here: Helium!

Mr. J

Every team needs a lovable mascot, all warm and fuzzy. A responsible Farmer Greenjeans,

or a talented Mr. J, or perhaps a Puff the Magic Dragon, MD - and so on.

Gb - You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, comrade. Always look on the bright side of life....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1loyjm4SOa0

That reminds me... if the "Paultards" did one thing right in the '08 election, it was tagging a lightship.

Politicos mocked the campaign for it but I thought it was a brilliant idea.

And so here's another cannabis promotional idea or two:

BLIMPS

Create a fleet of pedal powered dirigibles, each resembling a hand rolled MJ "Doobie" or "Fatty"

and electronically display promotional slogans from them - and music. Fly them around cool events.

Garner global attention. Everybody loves a blimp. Key element here: Helium!

Mr. J

Every team needs a lovable mascot, all warm and fuzzy. A responsible Farmer Greenjeans,

or a talented Mr. J, or perhaps a Puff the Magic Dragon, MD - and so on.

Hugs and kisses, Florry, Sweetheart!

Jealousy is a 'terrible' thing.

But you 'can' turn your life around if you 'really' want to... have faith in yourself.

And watch out for the falling dirigible parts.

Archived