No Legalization Of Cannabis In California... Not This Time.

greenbuddha

Sadly Prop 19 did NOT pass.

Thought the people of California were more enlightened than they really are I guess?

Oh well... back to the drawing boards.

To everyone in California of voting age who uses marijuana and was too lazy to vote: you will regret it when you're sitting in the back of a police cruiser in handcuffs. Nice going. You had your chance and you blew it.

To everyone in California of voting age who uses marijuana and was too lazy to vote: you will regret it when you're sitting in the back of a police cruiser in handcuffs. Nice going. You had your chance and you blew it.

100% Nix.

They didn't get OFF their A*S.

Sit back and let someone else call the shots and you get what THEY want to give you.

California had the chance to change THE WORLD and they sat back and 'lit one up' instead of doing something about it.

And we here in Michigan had better keep an eye on the NEW GUYS in Lansing... the MMM Act?????

Fall back asleep and they may be kicking your door in again.

Sadly Prop 19 did NOT pass.

Thought the people of California were more enlightened than they really are I guess?

Oh well... back to the drawing boards.

I think there were a couple of good reasons this didn't pass, unfortunately.

The first being the preemptive move by the Govenator to pass that legislation a month or so ago, that already decriminalized an ounce for folks over 21. So there wasn't much need to rally the vote, for those covered...

The second one is the warning that Holder came out with, and the way it would effect the growers up in the "emerald triangle". They couldn't afford to have Holder come out and play hard ball with enforcement. The growers in those areas are perfectly happy with the way things are currently, and will not risk having the feds shut them down or cost them a couple of crops.

I wouldn't read much more into it than that, and would guess it will be attempted again in 2012, and in a few more places.

I think a lot of liberal voters did not get off their buts and vote. I would not just blame it on the voters who put cannabis as their number one issue. Obama voters felt disenfranchised because he did not change the way Washington works. Now with the Reps in charge, being backed by special interest 9 to 1 over Dems, there will be no change in the way Washington works. Change means the corporations don't run congress.

The plan, from what I can tell, was always to put a proposal on the ballet for 2012 in CA for legalization. Many have said the group that pushed prop 19 did so ahead of the plan. There were a lot of people in the movement who did not support prop 19. Not to mention that many of the dispensaries and growers who are currently making a lot of money don't want to change that system. In 2012 everyone will have forgotten about this loss. We will need to do whatever it takes to get CA to legalization. I still believe they are the state to lead the way.

I think a lot of liberal voters did not get off their buts and vote. I would not just blame it on the voters who put cannabis as their number one issue. Obama voters felt disenfranchised because he did not change the way Washington works. Now with the Reps in charge, being backed by special interest 9 to 1 over Dems, there will be no change in the way Washington works. Change means the corporations don't run congress.

The plan, from what I can tell, was always to put a proposal on the ballet for 2012 in CA for legalization. Many have said the group that pushed prop 19 did so ahead of the plan. There were a lot of people in the movement who did not support prop 19. Not to mention that many of the dispensaries and growers who are currently making a lot of money don't want to change that system. In 2012 everyone will have forgotten about this loss. We will need to do whatever it takes to get CA to legalization. I still believe they are the state to lead the way.

Remember though, that the Dems have had control of Congress (both houses) since 2006, and had a super majority in the Senate since the last election... This is also a traditional norm, for the opposition party to make pickups during a midterm. This is a good thing also for business, not because Repubs won, but because there will be gridlock, and nothing will get done; or at least that is the way they will view it. The corporations will continue to spend money where they think it best serves their purpose, making money for their share holders...

As I noted I believe this was a trial balloon during the midterms, the 2012 general elections will see legalization in California and a few other places...

Remember though, that the Dems have had control of Congress (both houses) since 2006, and had a super majority in the Senate since the last election... This is also a traditional norm, for the opposition party to make pickups during a midterm. This is a good thing also for business, not because Repubs won, but because there will be gridlock, and nothing will get done; or at least that is the way they will view it. The corporations will continue to spend money where they think it best serves their purpose, making money for their share holders...

As I noted I believe this was a trial balloon during the midterms, the 2012 general elections will see legalization in California and a few other places...

May it be so... from your mouth to God's ear.

2012 elections will be a 'goofballs fire drill'.

The repubs won't get anything done in the next two years and neither will the Dems.

Right back where we started... big money getting BOTH parties to pass the legislation THEY want in the backrooms and 'back pages' of the minor legislation that does get passed.

In the confusion of elections in 2012, when many more people get off there arse to vote, pro-cannabis legislation might just stand a chance.

Mean while we HAVE to do what we can to prevent BOTH parties in Lansing from altering the legislation (MMM Act) that we now have and stopping the 'law and order' crowd in Washington from passing even 'tougher' anti-cannabis laws over the next two years.

But IMHO the Dems blew it! They had 'total' control for two years and got next to nothing done.

Won't be fooled again. (The Who?) (The What?) (What did he say?)

And the dems passed the most sweeping legislation since the great depression in the last two years. Yup it is normal for midterms to see a change but this was pretty clean sweep. At least they did not put that O'Donnell chick that thinks Pinky and the Brain is real in office. What I disagree with is that is generally will be a good thing for business. It will be a good thing for the most wealthy and largest corporations. It will be bad for the 50% of us that work for small businesses. Those guys are looking out for the people who gave them money and put them in office. Not the rest of us.

I do believe there is a better chance in 2012.

Potheads say ‘No to Prop 19’

http://www.jackherer.com/archives/potheads-say-%e2%80%98no-to-prop-19%e2%80%99/

Many outspoken marijuana users have stated that they are against California’s Proposition 19, saying that while the proposition sounds like a dream come true, in reality it is a huge step backward in the movement to legalize marijuana.

Marijuana users have stated their stance is pro-legalization but anti-Proposition 19. Their view is that Proposition 19 will not legalize marijuana but in fact place more restrictions upon it.

Most media state that the proposition will fully legalize marijuana, though in fact, the proposition will put restrictions where there are none currently, such as reversing freedoms users now enjoy under Proposition 215 and paving the way for the current marijuana industry to be corporatized, eliminating small-time marijuana farmers.

Denis Peron, author of Proposition 215, denounced the new proposition saying it would be “thinly-veiled prohibition.”

Many users developed their negative stance after reading and completely analyzing Proposition 19. Under Proposition 19, marijuana would not be fully legalized; people would only be allowed to carry up to one ounce and it would have to have been bought from a legal marijuana dispensary.

Many people don’t know that, thanks to marijuana already being decriminalized, the penalty for carrying an ounce now is only a mere citation and a $100 fine at maximum. Under Proposition 19, that small punitive measure would go away, but the proposition adds other measures for minors and those who give marijuana to them that are not already in place.

Under the proposition, a person who gives marijuana of any amount to a minor would face up to six months in jail and a $1000 fine. The current penalty for a gift of marijuana one ounce or less is a $100 fine.

Also under Proposition 19, users would not be able to smoke in the presence of minors, not even in the privacy of their own homes. Under Proposition 215, users are able to smoke in their homes or any place where smoking is allowed as long as they have their prescription, regardless of minors being present. Proposition 19 would take this freedom away.

Another problem users have with Proposition 19 are the restrictions it would place on the current industry of marijuana that Proposition 215 enables. Under Proposition 19, the only people who would be allowed to sell marijuana are people who obtain an expensive and difficult-to-get license.

Current small-time marijuana growers and sellers who make a decent profit under Proposition 215 would no longer be able to sell. Marijuana users worry that, under Proposition 19, the small-time growers would be pushed out and replaced with big time corporations, effectively destroying the industry the growers have built over the years.

Users claim that Proposition 19 is not the right way to legalize marijuana. They believe that people should hold out and wait for a better law to be written, one that doesn’t have all the problems that Proposition 19 creates.

Another plan – the California Hemp and Health Initiative – is already seeking signatures for inclusion on the 2012 ballot. This new initiative fixes many of the problems that Proposition 19 creates and was even approved by the late Jack Herer, the “father of the legalization movement.”

Users worry that if Proposition 19 passes, this new initiative won’t stand a chance in 2012 because the big corporations formed after Proposition 19 will not allow it to pass.

Proposition 19 is not the only road to legalization available – it is simply the first. Dragonfly De La Luz, a pro-legalization blogger, wrote in an article: “This is not our only chance to vote yes to legalization, but it may be our only chance to vote no to the corporatization of cannabis.”

Archived