Specific Strain To Symptom Guide

baad1722

Does anyone know of a strain guide other than istrainguide that provides specific strain to disease information, meaning what particular strains are said to help particular symptoms? Possibly there should be one on this site or maybe there already is. Sorry i'm new.

there are a few good ones throughout the internet, but no, there is not one on this site.

and to be honest, there probably never will be one.

every strain affects different people differently.

not much different that pharm drugs.

i cannot take vicodin. period. i will puke it up before it totally dissolves in me.

my father-in-law's body acts like ibuprofin is ambien............ he'll sleep for 12 hours off it????

every strain affects people differently. and there are no REAL sure things per ailment.

there are a few good ones throughout the internet, but no, there is not one on this site.

and to be honest, there probably never will be one.

every strain affects different people differently.

not much different that pharm drugs.

i cannot take vicodin. period. i will puke it up before it totally dissolves in me.

my father-in-law's body acts like ibuprofin is ambien............ he'll sleep for 12 hours off it????

every strain affects people differently. and there are no REAL sure things per ailment.

hello baad1722

there are a lot of strain guides out here i used google and found them... you can also look at seeds and there is some info about how they treat different things... what i understand is some strains that work for some wont for you but its nice to try different ones until you can find what does.. id look at 3 to 4 different strains that way you dont get burned out on 1 but find ones to use during the day as well as nite time use... i looked and granny passions info on green passion they have a nice strain guide with good links to med testing on some aliments... nice to see some more county locals out here... good luck and ask away here lots of good folks maybe able to help answer your ?...

abbe

baad,

Do a bit of research on THC, CBD and CBN or cannabinoids in general and their efficacy. You may have less to filter through that way.

CBD is an anti-inflammatory, causes cancer cells to go through natural programmed cell death-apoptosis, anti-emetic (anti vomiting), anti-psychotic, etc.

Quick first link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

Pasted:

"Cannabidiol

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Cannabidiol

Systematic (IUPAC) name

2-[(1R,6R)-6-isopropenyl-3-methylcyclohex-2-en-1-yl]-5-pentylbenzene-1,3-diol

Identifiers

CAS number 13956-29-1

ATC code noentry

PubChem CID 644019

DrugBank none

ChemSpider 24593618

Chemical data

Formula C21H30O2

Mol. mass 314.46

SMILES eMolecules & PubChem

Physical data

Melt. point 66 °C (151 °F)

Boiling point 180 °C (356 °F)

(Range: 160°C-180°C) [1]

Therapeutic considerations

Pregnancy cat. ?

Legal status Schedule II (Can)

Unscheduled (USA)

Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid found in Cannabis. It is a major constituent of the plant, representing up to 40% in its extracts.[2]

It has displayed sedative effects in animal tests.[3] Some research, however, indicates that CBD can increase alertness.[4] It may decrease the rate of THC clearance from the body, perhaps by interfering with the metabolism of THC in the liver.

Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth[5] Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia.[6] Studies have also shown that it may relieve symptoms of dystonia.[7][8]

In November 2007, it was reported that CBD reduces growth of aggressive human breast cancer cells in vitro and reduces their invasiveness.

A 2008 study published in the British Journal of Psychiatry showed significant differences in Oxford-Liverpool Inventory of Feelings and Experiences scores between three groups: The first consisted of non-cannabis users, the second consisted of users with Δ9-THC detected, and the third consisted of users with both Δ9-THC and CBD detected. The Δ9-THC only group scored significantly higher for unusual experiences than the Δ9-THC and CBD group, whereas the Δ9-THC and CBD group had significantly lower introvertive anhedonia scores than the Δ9-THC only group and non-cannabis user group. This research indicates that CBD acts as an anti-psychotic and may counteract the potential effects of THC on individuals with latent schizophrenia.[9]

Medicinal use

Cannabidiol is shown to decrease activity of the limbic system[10] and to decrease social isolation induced by THC.[11]

In April 2005, Canadian authorities approved the marketing of Sativex, a mouth spray for multiple sclerosis to alleviate pain. Sativex contains tetrahydrocannabinol together with cannabidiol. It is marketed in Canada by GW Pharmaceuticals.

Studies have shown that CBD may reduce schizophrenic symptoms in patients, likely due to their apparent ability to stabilize disrupted or disabled NDMA receptor pathways in the brain, which are shared and sometimes contested by norepinephrine and GABA.[6][12] Leweke et al. performed a double blind, 4 week, explorative controlled clinical trial to compare the effects of purified cannabidiol and the atypical antipsychotic amisulpride on improving the symptoms of schizophrenia in 42 patients with acute paranoid schizophrenia. Both treatments were associated with a significant decrease of psychotic symptoms after 2 and 4 weeks as assessed by Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale and Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale. While there was no statistical difference between the two treatment groups, cannabidiol induced significantly less side effects (extrapyramidal symptoms, increase in prolactin, weight gain) when compared to amisulpride.[13]

Cannabidiol has also been shown as being effective treating an often drug-induced set of neurological movement disorders known as dystonia.[8] In one study, five out of five participants showed noted improvement in their dystonic symptoms by 20-50%.[7]

[edit] Pharmacology

Cannabidiol has no affinity for CB1 and CB2 receptors but acts as an indirect antagonist of cannabinoid agonists.[5] Recently it was found to be an antagonist at the putative new cannabinoid receptor, GPR55, a GPCR expressed in the caudate nucleus and putamen.[14] Cannabidiol has also been shown to act as a 5-HT1A receptor agonist,[15] an action which is involved in its antidepressant,[16][17] anxiolytic,[17][18] and neuroprotective[19][20] effects.

Cannabidiol has also been shown to inhibit cancer cell growth with low potency in non-cancer cells. Although the inhibitory mechanism is not yet fully understood, Ligresti et al. suggest that "cannabidiol exerts its effects on these cells through a combination of mechanisms that include either direct or indirect activation of CB2 and TRPV1 receptors, and induction of oxidative stress, all contributing to induce apoptosis."[21] In November 2007, researchers at the California Pacific Medical Center reported that CBD shows promise for controlling the spread of metastatic breast cancer. In vitro CBD downregulates the activity of the gene ID1 which is responsible for tumor metastasis.[22]

[edit] Chemistry

Cannabidiol is insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents. At room temperature it is a colorless crystalline solid.[23] In strongly basic medium and the presence of air it is oxidized to a quinone.[24] Under acidic conditions it cyclizes to THC.[25] The synthesis of cannabidiol has been accomplished by several research groups.[26][27][28]

[edit] Biosynthesis

Cannabis, produces CBD-carboxylic acid through the same metabolic pathway as THC, until the last step, where CBDA synthase performs catalysis instead of THCA synthase.[29]

[edit] Legal Status

In Canada Cannabidiol is a Schedule 2 Drug, a category that encompasses quantities of cannabis less than 30 grams, and various related synthetic derivatives and preparations.[30] In the United States it is unscheduled. Only cannabis (the plant itself) and the tetrahydrocannabinol cannabinoids are listed in DEA Drug Scheduling.[31]"

There is more research on THC and it's benefits, so that will be easier.

Here are some links I had bookmarked

http://strainreview.com/

http://www.cpmc.org/professionals/research/programs/science/sean.html

http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/hemp/mjmedhb.htm

http://www.rollitup.org/seed-strain-reviews/249032-strain-does-what.html

Enjoy the journey, share the knowledge with any who will listen...

It is important to factor in when the strain was harvested and how it was grown as this will also add to the medicinal components of the herbs/meds.

Many "factors" indeed.

So one could have one strain on tap but harvest the plants at three different points to have different medicinal values/qualities.

Fortunately, there are still many strains to cultivate and with some time ya may be able to enjoy all the colors of the rainbow within the cannabis kingdom.

It appears that "rainbow" can last for a while with the right motivation within the patient/caregiver capacity.

I felt a little sappy today...lol.

Best to ya in finding your rainbow connection!

:skydive:

Archived