Tarzan's Bloom Room

drtarzanmd

I don't really get it either but one thing I have been wondering about is the Actinic 03 blue light that I don't hear much about. I want someone to try this out in a bloom room. That is the light I used to make my corals really POP in my mini reef. I remember someone on here was trying it but I have not heard much yet. Tarzan give it a try,, get yourself a couple hundred watt Powercompact light with some actinic 03 blue bulbs. I have a 190 watt PC light with 1 03 bulb that I will be using once I can afford a grow tent :( This one is simialar to mine I just don't remember paying that much LOL http://cgi.ebay.com/36-Inch-2x96-Watt-AquaticLife-PowerCompact-CF-Light-Fi-/140465802463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b46a0cdf I just have a feeling this will make the buds really explode.

yes... i don't understand either...

if my buddy has a bloom room w/ 2 - 1000 watt hoods

thats not 2000 watts in his room ?

and mine has 6 - 400 that's NOT 2400 watts in that room ?

While it may be true that you have 2400 watts in your room, and your buddy may only have 2000 watts, my understanding is that the watts don't add up. See, if you're running 6 400 watters that means that you have 6 different points of 400 watt light. The lumens don't accumulate but you'll spread more of that light to the plants overall. So your buddy would be applying 2 points of 1000 watt light, so the tops of his plants would receive more lumens than any single part of a plant under 400 watts. But what he gains in that higher intensity of light is a less efficient spread.

I would think that with a decent chain of 400 watters the end yield, all things being equal, would be about the same. He might end up with more impressive colas, but smaller buds on the other branches, whereas you might have more modest, but more uniform growth overall. I don't know for sure though--I've never done a comparison study of my own.

I don't really get it either but one thing I have been wondering about is the Actinic 03 blue light that I don't hear much about. I want someone to try this out in a bloom room. That is the light I used to make my corals really POP in my mini reef. I remember someone on here was trying it but I have not heard much yet. Tarzan give it a try,, get yourself a couple hundred watt Powercompact light with some actinic 03 blue bulbs. I have a 190 watt PC light with 1 03 bulb that I will be using once I can afford a grow tent :( This one is simialar to mine I just don't remember paying that much LOL http://cgi.ebay.com/36-Inch-2x96-Watt-AquaticLife-PowerCompact-CF-Light-Fi-/140465802463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b46a0cdf I just have a feeling this will make the buds really explode.

Thanks " tooldini "

But i think i'm done for Now ...

If i can't grow successful now , then i give ...

Im going to see what happens for awhile ...

Plus i want to see what my Electric bill LEVELS out at ?

Im hoping i can afford this off my 674 a month ...

But thank you for the Suggestion ... Maybe later

on down the road i 'll play some more ?

While it may be true that you have 2400 watts in your room, and your buddy may only have 2000 watts, my understanding is that the watts don't add up. See, if you're running 6 400 watters that means that you have 6 different points of 400 watt light. The lumens don't accumulate but you'll spread more of that light to the plants overall. So your buddy would be applying 2 points of 1000 watt light, so the tops of his plants would receive more lumens than any single part of a plant under 400 watts. But what he gains in that higher intensity of light is a less efficient spread.

I would think that with a decent chain of 400 watters the end yield, all things being equal, would be about the same. He might end up with more impressive colas, but smaller buds on the other branches, whereas you might have more modest, but more uniform growth overall. I don't know for sure though--I've never done a comparison study of my own.

Thanks 'Daddy Nothing' for taking the time to explain ....

I'm no master grower , but im learning ...

Just trying to understand things a little better ...

As long as i keep Harvestin 5 - 6 oz's per plant

I'm Happy for now ...

I ran 1000's and then after do some research I changed to 600's and if I have to do it again I will do a bunch of 400's..... Looks good and with 5-6 oz a plant your doing just fine with the 400's :thumbsu: ....

Thanks 'G3LLO'

These were w/ 4- 400's

TarzansBlackQueen-1.jpg

MrGrinchinBlackQueen.jpg

Now i have 6 - 400's ...

I 'll see if it changes on my next Black Queen

OH another thing you might try doing instead of having that t5 in the middle is hanging some either florescence tubes or some lower watt mh bulbs with no reflector in the middle of your plants, you would probably get a much better result then putting the t5 on the top... your plants are tall so the bud sites in the middle or bottom would fatten up a lot more.

not tryin to tell you what to do your plants look awesome just thort i'd throw a suggestion out there.

Phew, no kidding. Those look delicious!!

Your a Mean One Mr. Grinch ,

Black Queens are delicious....

Their very sweet tasting ... :thumbsu:

I may run another Contest w/ the winner

get some of my Black Queen ...

I started some 3 ~ Herijuana and 3 ~ Brianwreck

from seeds...

They got root Today ... Hoping for some Green Soon :thumbsu:

God willingly there Females ...

I hate doing them from seed , But i have no choice ...

• 2 weeks later...

It's just used to fill in between the 4 - 400 watters ....

it only draws not even 2 amps and you can physically see

the difference when it's not turned on ....

It has to add a different type of Light Spectrum ...

Plus it adds 238 watts of more lights ...

It really rough , I'm only getting 674 a month

and my light bill is $250 - 300 ...

It seems to be coming down w/out me having to use

air conditioner now .... :thumbsu:

I'm fairly happy w/ the results ....

I average 4-5 oz's per plant

It's really not easy w/ the Hydro Shops

rapping their customers ....

Maybe not on every product , But most ...

Im just trying to learn and Enjoy what Im doing ...

Im very seccessfull ... All Jane Patients get an Oz of

Quality Meds Free each and every month .... :thumbsu:

Plus i give away many FREE Samples .... :thumbsu:

Ask anyone that has tried my Black Queen , Bubba Kush

or Swampy's Free Leonard .....

This past weekend I was on an Extended Christmas Road-trip so I decided to phone Tarzan to see if he was going to be home & sure enough he was . So he invited me over to meet He & Jane . Those of you who have already met Tarzan & Jane already know the Great People they are . For those who Haven't yer missing out on some Genuinely Good People .

These Guy's are The Real Deal with Kindness , Compassion & Hospitality . They were packing up several Christmas Care Packages with Food & Goodies for People in Need in their Club and area to help make Christmas for those Less Fortunate who otherwise would not have a Christmas . Tarzan as well as Jane are Truly Santa's Helpers with the Gift of Giving and All from the Heart . I Thank You Tarzan & Jane for your Hospitality , Tarzan made some Kick Arse Chocolate Roll Cake that is to die for as well as a Lasagna Dinner that unfortunately I could not stay for as the day's total 450 mile road-trip was getting to me old bones LOL & I needed to head homeward before the feckin Moose & Buffalo started to roam the open snow covered dark North-woods Michigan roads . :roadrage:

Tarzan showed me his growing operation that is as clean as a Surgical Operating room and I did sample some of his Black Queen & Bubba-Kush that are 1st rate Med's grown with Love . He's got the Magical Green Thumb & Loves what he's doing in Helping the Cause for People in need . I Commend and Thank You Tarzan & Jane for your Genuine Compassion and the Fine Hospitality you showed me Welcoming me into your Home .

May You both Have a Merry Christmas & A Happy Prosperous New Year ,,,

Be Well ,

Dubliner ...

Very impressive Tarzan, I like it!

I really like your fluoroescents in the middle, great idea. Maybe even add a couple of CFL's.

How much cfm does it require to exhaust that room to maintain ideal temps?

I am using (2) 1000 watters in one room and (2) 400 watters in another room. They each have their pros and cons. I like my 400 watters just as much as my 1000 watters so far. They both come out about the same for me in regards to grams per watt.

Hey, thanks for the info on the fan too, I need to replace mine.

:thumbsu:

GiGi

May You both Have a Merry Christmas & A Happy Prosperous New Year ,,,

Be Well ,

Dubliner ...

Thanks " Dubliner " for the Kind Words....

I m So Sorry ... w/ the Holidays so close my time is Thin ...

It's So hard to make sure Everyones Holiday is surround by some

kind of Love .... :bighug:

It was a pleasure meeting you " Dubliner " :bighug:

Very impressive Tarzan, I like it!

I really like your fluoroescents in the middle, great idea. Maybe even add a couple of CFL's.

How much cfm does it require to exhaust that room to maintain ideal temps?

I am using (2) 1000 watters in one room and (2) 400 watters in another room. They each have their pros and cons. I like my 400 watters just as much as my 1000 watters so far. They both come out about the same for me in regards to grams per watt.

Hey, thanks for the info on the fan too, I need to replace mine.

:thumbsu:

GiGi

Thanks GiGi ....

Im not sure i can Answer your Question ....

I have No Ideal what im doing ? Im just doing it ... :bong2:

Merry Christmas to You and Others

Nothing about what Dubliner said surprises me. Tarzan and Jane have always seemed to be the top notch people they appear to be. When i get to planning a trip to that area of the state sometime, i plan on giving them a shout ahead of time too!

Thank You '1337Gr33n'

Thanks for the Kinds Words...

I'm a Blessed Man ... Just trying to pass it on ... :blow-a-heart:

Merry Christmas Everyone

I have read a lot through these forums over the past week or two. I must say that Tarzan and Jane have come up in numerous posts, and nothing but good things about these folks. I do not know either one of them but i must say.. Hat's off to Tarzan and Jane for being very friendly and compassionate. Hope to meet you all one day. Until then Merry Christmas and great work supporting the cause and being so friendly!

** Sorry for posting this here but i needed somewhere to say how wonderful these folks are!!

Archived